RemedySpot.com

Re: I broke the rule

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am so sorry that you can't proceed with your visit, Beth, but hope that quick action on your part will ensure you a speedy recovery. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

I broke the rule

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.

The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now. I'm one very unhappy camper today.

The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily.

Beth

Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

NO NO NO... now i am gonna go out and eat a worm... joke... (from a childrens story years ago)MB, my birthday is Oct 19 so we could party...  ;)))) The main thing is that you take GOOD CARE of you for us.  Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Hi everyone,Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by.  I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes. The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now.  I'm one very unhappy camper today. The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs.  So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily.  Beth Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08 Change everything. Love and Forgive      

Sher, I think everyone should feel sorry for me.... WAHHHHWAHHH scream & cry...I am SOOO disappointed. But I don't want MB to feel to bad. She is already sick. Hopefully she'll come before to long. I am pretty sure Jane & Eddie are still coming. "Right Jane????"How are you feeling ladybug? You haven't been on top lately.Are you using your 02 at a higher leader flow?Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  MB ...  ahhh shucks if you can't go see Peggy and the others. Sometimes we know things happen for a reason tho'.That doesn't help a darn bit does it!Glad you caught this in early stage.  MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!  I broke the ruleHi everyone,Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by.  I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes. The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now.  I'm one very unhappy camper today. The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs.  So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily.  Beth Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08 Change everything. Love and Forgive      

Peggy ... I do fairly well as long as I am quiet. Moving around much brings on the fatigue and sob.

O2 stays the same, I think I'll turn it up a wee bit and see if that helps.

I really think most of my complaints are a result of the pain patch. I will see dr at at pain clinic Oct 3rd and we will see how it goes by then. I'm beginning to wonder if the side effects are worth the pain control... it's a trade off.

I'm still crocheting for Christmas.

Take good care of yourself and thanks for the news about Joyce.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

� I broke the rule

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by.� I got sick. I've had a�sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went.�He tells me I have strep�in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just�make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have�strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.

�

The worst part of this is that I was�supposed to leave�Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now.� I'm one very unhappy camper�today.

�

The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs.��So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily.

�

�

Beth�

�

Change everything. Love and Forgive����

�

�

Peggy ... I do fairly well as long as I am quiet. Moving around much brings on the fatigue and sob.

O2 stays the same, I think I'll turn it up a wee bit and see if that helps.

I really think most of my complaints are a result of the pain patch. I will see dr at at pain clinic Oct 3rd and we will see how it goes by then. I'm beginning to wonder if the side effects are worth the pain control... it's a trade off.

I'm still crocheting for Christmas.

Take good care of yourself and thanks for the news about Joyce.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

� I broke the rule

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by.� I got sick. I've had a�sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went.�He tells me I have strep�in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just�make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have�strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.

�

The worst part of this is that I was�supposed to leave�Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now.� I'm one very unhappy camper�today.

�

The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs.��So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily.

�

�

Beth�

�

Change everything. Love and Forgive����

�

�

Peggy

A worm? Ok.....I chose to eat steak instead but to each their own..lol

>

>

> Hi everyone,

> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by. I

> got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my

> left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I

> have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make

> everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a

> chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just

> the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have

> strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at

> least 10 minutes.

>

> The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to

> go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now.

> I'm one very unhappy camper today.

>

> The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't

> run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any

> increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the

> early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily.

>

>

>

> Beth

> Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

>

> Change everything. Love and Forgive

>

Peggy

>

>

> Hi everyone,

> least 10 minutes.

>

>

>

>

>

> Beth

>

>

Peggy

>

>

> Hi everyone,

> least 10 minutes.

>

>

>

>

>

> Beth

>

>

Peggy

I wasn't concerned...I attribute all to oxygen deprivation. I use that

excuse as often as possible. Its so much better sounding than the

alternatives.

I sure hope you and and Jane and Eddie have lots of fun soon.

> >

> > Hi everyone,

> > Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide

> by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today

> my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I

> least 10 minutes.

> >

> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday

> to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for

> now. I'm one very unhappy camper today.

> >

> > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't

> >

> >

> > Beth

> > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

> >

> > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> >

>

Peggy

I wasn't concerned...I attribute all to oxygen deprivation. I use that

excuse as often as possible. Its so much better sounding than the

alternatives.

I sure hope you and and Jane and Eddie have lots of fun soon.

> >

> > Hi everyone,

> > Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide

> by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today

> my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I

> least 10 minutes.

> >

> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday

> to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for

> now. I'm one very unhappy camper today.

> >

> > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't

> >

> >

> > Beth

> > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

> >

> > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> >

>

Sher, I was told to turn my 02 up until I could get through the house without that no air feeling.I was only on 2 to 3L at the time. I am using between 6 & 8L then 8 to 10L walking into Church. This really is a stinking rotten fish smellin disease.. thats what I think.. and I'm stickin to it. I hope the pain clinic can help you get comfortable. Love  & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Peggy ...  I do fairly well as long as I am quiet. Moving around much brings on the fatigue and sob.O2 stays the same, I think I'll turn it up a wee bit and see if that helps.I really think most of my complaints are a result of the pain patch. I will see dr at at pain clinic Oct 3rd and we will see how it goes by then. I'm beginning to wonder if the side effects are worth the pain control... it's a trade off.I'm still crocheting for Christmas.Take good care of yourself and thanks for the news about Joyce. MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.   NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!� I broke the ruleHi everyone,Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by.� I got sick. I've had a�sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went.�He tells me I have strep�in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just�make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have�strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.�The worst part of this is that I was�supposed to leave�Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now.� I'm one very unhappy camper�today.�The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs.��So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily.��Beth�Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08�Change everything. Love and Forgive������

((( Beth))) I hope you feel better soon.

I know it's a golden rule not to get sick, but short of living in a sterile bubble it's kind of impossible to completely avoid. I'm sure Peggy will still be there when you're better. It'll give you something to aim for!

Love Ze xx>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now. I'm one very unhappy camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > > Beth > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >

-

Hi beth ,

Sorry to hear about your infection.It has come at a bad time!

Does it mean you cannot make to the trip to Peggy's , you were so

looking forward to it.

You set an example to us by getting to the doctor fastand getting

treated.

Hope you get well soon.

love

Geeta

-- In Breathe-Support , Beth

wrote:

>

> Hi everyone,

> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide

by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so.

Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He

tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to

just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me

off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis

(Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next

14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every

4 hours for at least 10 minutes.

>

> The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday

to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for

now. I'm one very unhappy camper today.

>

run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any

increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the

early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily.

>

>

> Beth

>

>

-

Hi beth ,

looking forward to it.

treated.

Hope you get well soon.

love

Geeta

wrote:

>

> Hi everyone,

>

>

>

>

> Beth

>

>

-

Hi beth ,

looking forward to it.

treated.

Hope you get well soon.

love

Geeta

wrote:

>

> Hi everyone,

>

>

>

>

> Beth

>

>

Oh what rotten luck MB..for you AND our Princess. She will be so disappointed..but we all know we have to do the hard yards to keep ourselves as well as possible.

Here's hoping you keep it all in check....it's an introspective time with Joyce's passing. Sadness AND feeling ill are not a terrific combo.

Take care, lovely lady!

Love,

in Oz>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now. I'm one very unhappy camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > > Beth > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >

Oh what rotten luck MB..for you AND our Princess. She will be so disappointed..but we all know we have to do the hard yards to keep ourselves as well as possible.

Here's hoping you keep it all in check....it's an introspective time with Joyce's passing. Sadness AND feeling ill are not a terrific combo.

Take care, lovely lady!

Love,

in Oz>> Hi everyone,> Unfortunately I broke the Golden Rule that we all try to abide by. I got sick. I've had a sore throat for the last day or so. Today my left ear was hurting me so off to the doctor I went. He tells me I have strep in my throat, my left ear is infected and to just make everything perfect I have a bit of bronchitis. He sent me off for a chest x-ray and there's no pneumonia, no atelectasis (Thank God) just the bronchitis. So...I'm on Levaquin for the next 14 days and have strict orders to use my incentive spirometer every 4 hours for at least 10 minutes.> > The worst part of this is that I was supposed to leave Wednesday to go to Florida to visit Peggy and I'm not allowed to travel for now. I'm one very unhappy camper today. > > The weirdest part is that I don't feel particularly bad. I haven't run a fever up until today. My sats are normal and haven't had any increase in my O2 needs. So I have to think I caught this in the early stages and hopefully can knock it out pretty easily. > > > Beth > Age 49 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >

Take care, lovely lady!

Love,