RemedySpot.com

Re: Overwhelmed right now

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jean,

It's good to hear from you even if it's not all good news. I'm sorry to hear you're going through all these challenges right now and it sounds like your son in law deserves the grinch of the year award. Sorry but that's really stinker type behvior isn't it?

I'm glad to hear at least that you are not in alot of physical pain and are coping with everything that's going on. Don't forget to schedule in some peace and quiet for you too.

Have a blessed Christmas and here's to a better new year for you and yours!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

Dr. Seuss

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 9:00:18 AMSubject: Overwhelmed right now

I have been trying to keep up with reading messages but have not said anything for a while. For Christmas my doctors have given me a kazillion tests. They really should have their spouses think up gifts for their patients.I have almost no cookies done and have to have a dozen each of about 6 types ready to deliver to the old folks on Christmas Eve. The have no Christmas cookies if I do not have them done so the pressure is on. My tree is up for the first time in about 3 years compliments of someone else. It looks nice.In addition to all of the testing and doctor trips, there have been trips to Bethlehem for the old folks. He went in for a prostate biopsy and had probelms with bleeding when they put him back on his coumidin so he ended up there for 2 weeks. When he is in the hospital, she has to be placed in a nursing facility as her dementia does not able her to remain at home. In the end

we found out that he has cancer and begins radiation right after the holidays. Like I said doctors really should not be left with their own choices of presents for patients.In addition to all of this my "darling" son-in-law had my daughter served with divorce papers. I have said nothing to him about his problems to this point but he just earned the mother-in-law tongue lashing of the century for the damage to her and their sons for the timing. He is going no fault and irreconciable differences. Don't know how he knows the differences can't be fixed if he claims to not even know what he is having a problem with and he is the one who just walked out.So here I am with cookies to back and gifts that need to be bought yet. Luckily the grandsons all love the greenbacks best.Funny thing is that I normally do not like all the hustle and bustle of Christmas and normally if it is bad it will

happen in December and it is. The difference is that the doctor has me on meds to control some of the pain so I really am just going day to day without being really down about it. I know that so much has to be done but the meds have me not feeling stressed either. Jean

Jean ... I can read how overwhelmed you are and I'm sorry about the pressure you're feeling. If there is someone who can help you (like whoever put up the tree...) surely you will ask for help. Maybe the ready-to-bake cookies from the store will be of help.

I feel sad for your daughter. Divorce papers are bad enough but his timing is horrible.

I remember when my daughter's former husband served her with child custody papers on the very day she was MARRIED. Hannah was 3 and they had been divorced about 1 yr. The point is the same... BTW he did not win.

Do take good care of you.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Overwhelmed right now

I have been trying to keep up with reading messages but have not said anything for a while. For Christmas my doctors have given me a kazillion tests. They really should have their spouses think up gifts for their patients.I have almost no cookies done and have to have a dozen each of about 6 types ready to deliver to the old folks on Christmas Eve. The have no Christmas cookies if I do not have them done so the pressure is on. My tree is up for the first time in about 3 years compliments of someone else. It looks nice.In addition to all of the testing and doctor trips, there have been trips to Bethlehem for the old folks. He went in for a prostate biopsy and had probelms with bleeding when they put him back on his coumidin so he ended up there for 2 weeks. When he is in the hospital, she has to be placed in a nursing facility as her dementia does not able her to remain at home. In the end we found out that he has cancer and begins radiation right after the holidays. Like I said doctors really should not be left with their own choices of presents for patients.In addition to all of this my "darling" son-in-law had my daughter served with divorce papers. I have said nothing to him about his problems to this point but he just earned the mother-in-law tongue lashing of the century for the damage to her and their sons for the timing. He is going no fault and irreconciable differences. Don't know how he knows the differences can't be fixed if he claims to not even know what he is having a problem with and he is the one who just walked out.So here I am with cookies to back and gifts that need to be bought yet. Luckily the grandsons all love the greenbacks best.Funny thing is that I normally do not like all the hustle and bustle of Christmas and normally if it is bad it will happen in December and it is. The difference is that the doctor has me on meds to control some of the pain so I really am just going day to day without being really down about it. I know that so much has to be done but the meds have me not feeling stressed either. Jean