RemedySpot.com

My trip for my blocks today

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When I went today, Dr. Quesada was disappointed that my impar block did not work from last month, not even a little. So even though Dr. Conway said he wanted me to have a set of five blocks, Dr. Quesada did not want to do that if the first one did not help any. If the first one had helped then he would have continued to do the rest of the sequence.

So, I just happened to be in a lot of pain by the time I got there as I forgot to take a break-through pill or a muscle relaxer. I had them with me but I did not take them as I thought I was getting an IV for the Impar block. So first Dr. Quesada gave me a Percocet and a valium. I found out if you let valium dissolve under your tongue rather than swallowing it, it works better. So he decided on giving me some trigger point injections even though I do not have any trigger points.

So here I am lying on the table with all my clothes on – he let the meds work for 20 minutes, then he just came in, and told me to pull my jeans and underpants down just enough for me to show him where it hurt. So he gets the nurse and his needles, crawls up on the back of the table, and has me hold down the spot with my finger and show him where it hurt the most. He marked it with a pen, and then had me hold it down again, and he slowly moved his finger over until he found the spot and then with his other hand he stuck the needle in, asking me to tell him if he duplicated the pain before he put in the meds. He is so casual, but is so good at what he is doing. Anyway I got three injections, with the Lidocaine and steroid in them, I don't feel any better tonight. Maybe it will be different tomorrow after it settles down.

I just so like the way Dr. Quesada does not make a deal about it, he does not make me take my clothes off, or has my husband leave the room. He is going to try it one more time and if that does not work, then I will get the Botox. I think also next time, I will have my husband mark where it hurts the most when I press on it and mark it before we leave for the appointment. The approximate area that I had the shots was in the perineum area/sits area – ouch! That is a painful area...Dr. Quesada said there is a "bursa" down there that could be inflamed.

I can remember once I had a sore shoulder and couldn't move my arm behind my head. I got a shot in the bursa with a steroid there and the pain went away immediately. Wouldn't that be nice. You will probably read this twice as I am going to post it to the groups. I do not know why, but I would let Dr. Q do anything to help me. I was talking to his nurse today and she said that others say the exact same thing. He is always so pleasant and when he comes into the room he shakes my hand and my husbands and gives you so much undivided attention – he just treats you as if you are the most important patient he has ever had. I know I have said it before, but I have been going to him monthly for almost two years and he is one in a million.

nne

I know I have seen his name before but is he in New Hampshire?? I hope the latest round of injections works for you! It might give the rest of us some hope! Thanks, winterberrypath wrote: When I went today, Dr. Quesada was disappointed that my impar block did not work from last month, not even a

little. So even though Dr. Conway said he wanted me to have a set of five blocks, Dr. Quesada did not want to do that if the first one did not help any. If the first one had helped then he would have continued to do the rest of the sequence. So, I just happened to be in a lot of pain by the time I got there as I forgot to take a break-through pill or a muscle relaxer. I had them with me but I did not take them as I thought I was getting an IV for the Impar block. So first Dr. Quesada gave me a Percocet and a valium. I found out if you let valium dissolve under your tongue rather than swallowing it, it works better. So he decided on giving me some trigger point injections even though I do not have any trigger points. So here I am lying on the table with all my clothes on – he let the meds work for 20 minutes, then he just came in, and told me to pull my jeans and underpants down just enough for me to show him where it hurt. So he gets the nurse and his needles, crawls up on the back of the table, and has me hold down the spot with my finger and show him where it hurt the most. He marked it with a pen, and then had me hold it down again, and he slowly moved his finger over until he found the spot and then with his other hand he stuck the needle in, asking me to tell him if he duplicated the pain before he put in the meds. He is so casual, but is so good at what he is doing. Anyway I got three injections, with the Lidocaine and steroid in them, I don't feel any better tonight. Maybe it will be different tomorrow after it settles down. I just so like the way Dr. Quesada does not make a deal about it, he does not make me take my clothes off, or has my husband leave the room. He is going to try it one more time and if that does not work, then I will get the Botox. I think also next time, I will have my husband mark where it hurts the most when I press on it and mark it before we leave for the appointment. The approximate area that I had the shots was in the perineum area/sits area – ouch! That is a painful area...Dr. Quesada said there is a "bursa" down there that could be inflamed. I can remember once I had a sore shoulder and couldn't move my arm behind my head. I got a shot in the bursa with a steroid there and the pain went away immediately. Wouldn't that be nice. You will probably read this twice as I am going to post it to the groups. I do not

know why, but I would let Dr. Q do anything to help me. I was talking to his nurse today and she said that others say the exact same thing. He is always so pleasant and when he comes into the room he shakes my hand and my husbands and gives you so much undivided attention – he just treats you as if you are the most important patient he has ever had. I know I have said it before, but I have been going to him monthly for almost two years and he is one in a million. nne

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.