RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: transplant doc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sher

thank you very much

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

Subject: Re: Re: transplant docTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:40 AM

Joyce ... so you are ready to list. I hope it happens quickly for you. I would think the waiting is hard. Transplant is not an option for me but waiting seems to bring on mental-monsters, for me at least.

Of course I wish for you all good things and people to assist you in the transplant.

God Bless.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: transplant doc

JoyceSounds like you answered your own when to list question at least to someextent. As they take you further in the process I'm sure they can helpyou with that balance of determining the right time to list and takingyou through each stage. Timing involves knowing everything they canabout you and your body and alll your conditions. All the transplantteams I've heard about seem to be excellent and supporting andcomforting the patient. They can help you with the questions of whetherits time to be listed.You mentioned chart computerization and thats a place I think thedoctors here are very much behind. Now, the large teaching hospitalshere are quite computerized in some areas but, otherwise, doctors arenot.>> saw transplant doc yesterday> informed him that i am ready to list>> informed him about change in O2 levels since going on Cellcept andDapsone last week> he said that Dapsone can cause decrease in O2 levels and told me tostop taking it> then he prescribed Mepron>> when the nurse checked my vitals prior to seeing doc, the O2 levelstayed at 93% while sitting with oxygen on>> last monday when we went to the holiday party at lung transplantcenter, i walked quickly from garage to party location with no problems> yesterday, when i did the same walk, i was huffing and puffing andslowing down>> i have also been in contact with pulmonary doc nurse about change ino2 levels> nurse called me back as we were driving home from transplant doc appt.> pulmonary doc said to continue with meds> i informed nurse about appt

with transplant doc>> yesterday i found out that the two docs have offices next to eachother, even though the clinics are in different sections of the hospital>> Bruce--> re: hospital comforts?> some of the hospitals in this area are completely computerized> the docs do not carry a paper chart with them, they use the computerfor everything>> so when I see the transplant doc, he has access to whatever thepulmonary doc wrote in my chart on the computer, etc>>> Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania> Donate Life>