RemedySpot.com

Stepss/Christi Academy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone have experience with either STEPSS or Christi Academy? Positive or

negative feedback would be appreciated. Trying to find a school is SO HARD! Feel

free to send direct e-mail for privacy. Thanks!

Did you get any info about schools? I am also looking to change schools. I was impressed with PAL clinic and school, they will be taking Mckay in the fall. If you can let me know what you think. It is scary out there, Florida is really rough. Thanks,

Subject: Stepss/Christi AcademyTo: sList Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 10:20 PM

Does anyone have experience with either STEPSS or Christi Academy? Positive or negative feedback would be appreciated. Trying to find a school is SO HARD! Feel free to send direct e-mail for privacy. Thanks!

Did you get any info about schools? I am also looking to change schools. I was impressed with PAL clinic and school, they will be taking Mckay in the fall. If you can let me know what you think. It is scary out there, Florida is really rough. Thanks,

Subject: Stepss/Christi AcademyTo: sList Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 10:20 PM

Does anyone have experience with either STEPSS or Christi Academy? Positive or negative feedback would be appreciated. Trying to find a school is SO HARD! Feel free to send direct e-mail for privacy. Thanks!

Where and what exactly is PAL clinic ? Is it a school or therapy center?Sent from my iPhone

Where and what exactly is PAL clinic ? Is it a school or therapy center?Sent from my iPhone

Hi,

My son goes to Stepss Academy. He is in 3rd grade. The best way to know if the

school is a fit is to start by scheduling a day for your child to shadow at the

school (this means he will sit in all classes as if he was a student there.) The

teachers will get to observe him or her and what level of needs they have, and

your child will get a sense if they feel comfortable there. If the student is

not a fit, they will tell you.

If your child is more independent and can be in a 15:1 class ratio, Christi is

probably a better fit than Stepss where children require more attention and is

the equivalent of the " autism cluster " with a 5:1 ratio.

The school offer lots of " enrichment classes " such as yoga, taekwondo, dance,

music, and gymnastics because most of the students benefit greatly from a good

sensory diet in order to maximize their learning. Spring semester, they also

offer art. In addition to the regular classes they teach at all schools, they

take Spanish and bible studies twice per week or so.

The school offers more field trips than the average school because our kids need

to work on their social skills, self-regulation, and life skills and also

benefit from multisensory approach to learning.

The Stepss teachers are ESE certified teachers. They all have to take ABA

assistant cert. course, background check, and there are security cameras in all

the classrooms and the common rooms.

They get much less homework and projects than in public school, no FCAT, and

they do go at a slower pace in the coursework but they are very open to have

your child moved to a higher more challenging class, if necessary.

Call and make an appointment to talk to the Headmaster, Shirley Gil,

>

>

> From: cassieariel

> Subject: Stepss/Christi Academy

> To: sList

> Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 10:20 PM

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> Does anyone have experience with either STEPSS or Christi Academy? Positive or

negative feedback would be appreciated. Trying to find a school is SO HARD! Feel

free to send direct e-mail for privacy. Thanks!

>

I had the pleasure of working with Headmaster, Shirley Gil,  back in 2007-9. She is an amazing person who really cares about students who are in her school and roots for them & helps the parents as well as the parents- I wish this school was open when my kids were younger-no drought this is a place I would have wanted them to be! I agree with Ida, have your son spend the day-or a fewIn, my opinion it’s the only way to see if it’s a good fit (like buying shoes J ) Best of luck!!!!Jeanette From: sList [mailto:sList ] On Behalf Of IdaSent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:06 PMTo: sList Subject: Re: Stepss/Christi Academy Hi,My son goes to Stepss Academy. He is in 3rd grade. The best way to know if the school is a fit is to start by scheduling a day for your child to shadow at the school (this means he will sit in all classes as if he was a student there.) The teachers will get to observe him or her and what level of needs they have, and your child will get a sense if they feel comfortable there. If the student is not a fit, they will tell you.If your child is more independent and can be in a 15:1 class ratio, Christi is probably a better fit than Stepss where children require more attention and is the equivalent of the " autism cluster " with a 5:1 ratio.The school offer lots of " enrichment classes " such as yoga, taekwondo, dance, music, and gymnastics because most of the students benefit greatly from a good sensory diet in order to maximize their learning. Spring semester, they also offer art. In addition to the regular classes they teach at all schools, they take Spanish and bible studies twice per week or so. The school offers more field trips than the average school because our kids need to work on their social skills, self-regulation, and life skills and also benefit from multisensory approach to learning.The Stepss teachers are ESE certified teachers. They all have to take ABA assistant cert. course, background check, and there are security cameras in all the classrooms and the common rooms.They get much less homework and projects than in public school, no FCAT, and they do go at a slower pace in the coursework but they are very open to have your child moved to a higher more challenging class, if necessary.Call and make an appointment to talk to the Headmaster, Shirley Gil, . > > > > Subject: Stepss/Christi Academy> To: sList > Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 10:20 PM> > > > Â > > > > Does anyone have experience with either STEPSS or Christi Academy? Positive or negative feedback would be appreciated. Trying to find a school is SO HARD! Feel free to send direct e-mail for privacy. Thanks!>

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the responses! I was wondering what the PAL school/program

is, ?

> >

> >

> > From: cassieariel

> > Subject: Stepss/Christi Academy

> > To: sList

> > Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 10:20 PM

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> > Does anyone have experience with either STEPSS or Christi Academy?

> Positive or negative feedback would be appreciated. Trying to find a school

> is SO HARD! Feel free to send direct e-mail for privacy. Thanks!

> >

>