RemedySpot.com

Re: lung update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jon, You'll be in my prayers. Try to behave yourself in the big house they have things to HURT ya with. I will be watching for your posts.God Bless. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Jon,

It's so awesome that you've had such a good response to the prednisone! I had a similar intial response to the pred. Honestly I was so ill when I was diagnosed that I firmly believe that in large part it saved my life. That's why I wouldn't hesitate to try it again if I need to. I know my disease responds to it and the side effects (at least the first time) were manageble for me.

Glad you found a surgeon that you are comfortable with. Most of them are horrible, arrogant sob's. I'll be praying that all goes smoothly and you are in that pulpit that Sunday!

So happy that Dawn is home and doing well post op.

Look after yourself!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

Dr. Seuss

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 7:22:08 PMSubject: lung update

What a week.Saw the cutter on Monday. The nicest, kindest, smartest guy.I was highly impresses... it takes a lot for a surgeon to impressan MICU nurse with 27-plus years experience. My surgery isscheduled on 12/31 at 0800. I have to be to the hospital at 0600.Ugh. I should be home by Saturday...better be, I'm preaching that Sunday!Tuesday I saw pulmodude. He's hopeful to see the VATS results.Before I was on prednisone my FEV1 was 40%. On prednisone,it's 65%. He seems to think that because I'm having such a goodresponse to pred this may be something infective or slow. The fourscans I've had this year show stable disease. I could see the damageon my chest films on Monday. (ICU nurses look at lots of chest films...the ground glass appearance was obvious...) On Wed I had my pulm rehab intake. I walked further than

anypatient ha week, and my low sat on room air was 90. Goal frompulmodude is to loose a least 75 pounds. (6-1, 275) Dawn had surgery Wed, and is home and doing great. PLap done,lots of adhesions taken care of...Hspital I will be in has free wi-fi for patients. Yo will get blow byblow reports of my VATS.jon-- Two wrongs don't make a right,but two 's make an airplane.

Jon ... thanks for the update. You're sounding cheery and positive.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

lung update

What a week.Saw the cutter on Monday. The nicest, kindest, smartest guy.I was highly impresses...it takes a lot for a surgeon to impressan MICU nurse with 27-plus years experience. My surgery isscheduled on 12/31 at 0800. I have to be to the hospital at 0600.Ugh. I should be home by Saturday...better be, I'm preaching that Sunday!Tuesday I saw pulmodude. He's hopeful to see the VATS results.Before I was on prednisone my FEV1 was 40%. On prednisone,it's 65%. He seems to think that because I'm having such a goodresponse to pred this may be something infective or slow. The fourscans I've had this year show stable disease. I could see the damageon my chest films on Monday. (ICU nurses look at lots of chest films...the ground glass appearance was obvious...) On Wed I had my pulm rehab intake. I walked further than anypatient ha week, and my low sat on room air was 90. Goal frompulmodude is to loose a least 75 pounds. (6-1, 275) Dawn had surgery Wed, and is home and doing great. PLap done,lots of adhesions taken care of...Hspital I will be in has free wi-fi for patients. Yo will get blow byblow reports of my VATS.jon-- Two wrongs don't make a right,but two 's make an airplane.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

lung update

What a week.Saw the cutter on Monday. The nicest, kindest, smartest guy.I was highly impresses...it takes a lot for a surgeon to impressan MICU nurse with 27-plus years experience. My surgery isscheduled on 12/31 at 0800. I have to be to the hospital at 0600.Ugh. I should be home by Saturday...better be, I'm preaching that Sunday!Tuesday I saw pulmodude. He's hopeful to see the VATS results.Before I was on prednisone my FEV1 was 40%. On prednisone,it's 65%. He seems to think that because I'm having such a goodresponse to pred this may be something infective or slow. The fourscans I've had this year show stable disease. I could see the damageon my chest films on Monday. (ICU nurses look at lots of chest films...the ground glass appearance was obvious...) On Wed I had my pulm rehab intake. I walked further than anypatient ha week, and my low sat on room air was 90. Goal frompulmodude is to loose a least 75 pounds. (6-1, 275) Dawn had surgery Wed, and is home and doing great. PLap done,lots of adhesions taken care of...Hspital I will be in has free wi-fi for patients. Yo will get blow byblow reports of my VATS.jon-- Two wrongs don't make a right,but two 's make an airplane.

lung update