RemedySpot.com

Re: Increase in my xanax......................................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lou,

I think you are doing the right thing. Ask your doctor to re-evaluate your medication. If the dose you are on is not enough to relieve your anxiety than it may be appropriate to increase it. We all have to look at things realistically and the situation we're all in is such that it can cause tremendous anxiety and/or depression. We would be less than human if we didn't feel these things. If you need a higher dose of whatever med you are on or a different medication altogether then so be it. We need what we need and that's the end of that story, right?!

Love you!

Beth-Moderator

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

"Take chances, make mistakes and get messy!"

Miss Frizzle

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:24:34 PMSubject: Increase in my xanax......................................

For the first time in my life or rather since 40 years ago when I first went on it, .025mg 2 times a day, (very minimal dose), it is for anxiety, not depression. I am not depressed at all, I take it to deal with the anxiety in my life and especially now with my IPF getting worse as far as the lifestyle is concerned and it is slowing me down, (yes, age and everything) I find that this dosage is not enough to keep me calm. The anxiety that this disease has brought me is tripling in contention with my comings and goings. I have to go in for fasting blood work next week, with GP, so will ask her to increase the dosage slightly, just enough to get through the day.Any suggestions?I LOVE U THIS DAYMARY LOU RICHMOND VAIPF 02

ML... no particular suggestion just encouragement to do just what you plan on doing. 25 is a very low dose. Do request enough to give you relief not just respite.

I don't know what happened to your reply to me...I didn't receive it.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Increase in my xanax......................................

For the first time in my life or rather since 40 years ago when I first went on it, .025mg 2 times a day, (very minimal dose), it is for anxiety, not depression. I am not depressed at all, I take it to deal with the anxiety in my life and especially now with my IPF getting worse as far as the lifestyle is concerned and it is slowing me down, (yes, age and everything) I find that this dosage is not enough to keep me calm. The anxiety that this disease has brought me is tripling in contention with my comings and goings. I have to go in for fasting blood work next week, with GP, so will ask her to increase the dosage slightly, just enough to get through the day.Any suggestions?I LOVE U THIS DAYMARY LOU RICHMOND VAIPF 02

ML...I forgot to add...my dr told me that ANYONE with a life-threatening disease will have depression. It's just a given considering what we "live" with.

Yes, MB is so right. It's not up for debate.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Increase in my xanax......................................

Lou

What you are experiencing is quite normal as two things happen. First,

your anxiety may have increased. Second, Xanax is a cumulative med and

our bodies do adjust so that it is quite common for a dosage to not work

as well as it did and to require more or require a different medication.

>

> For the first time in my life or rather since 40 years ago when I

first

> went on it, .025mg 2 times a day, (very minimal dose), it is for

> anxiety, not depression. I am not depressed at all, I take it to deal

> with the anxiety in my life and especially now with my IPF getting

> worse as far as the lifestyle is concerned and it is slowing me down,

> (yes, age and everything) I find that this dosage is not enough to

keep

> me calm. The anxiety that this disease has brought me is tripling in

> contention with my comings and goings.

>

> I have to go in for fasting blood work next week, with GP, so will ask

> her to increase the dosage slightly, just enough to get through the

day.

>

> Any suggestions?

>

> I LOVE U THIS DAY

> MARY LOU RICHMOND VA

> IPF 02

>