RemedySpot.com

Re: Media and other talk shows PS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A documentary on Public Television or The Discovery Channel would better suffice in my opinion.

Very detailed interviews with more than 2 women. Seeing how it actually affects women's day to day lives.

Showing doc appointments where the docs are saying..SORRY NO CURE. TLC would also be a good channel for a show. They have had documentaries on dwarfism,birth, death, etc. An hour or two long with nothing but talk about Vulvodynia. Not this joke that Oprah makes about vaginas.I have been in the audience of the Oprah show, it's entirely canned.

BlueeberriCreate a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

Guest guest

A documentary on Public Television or The Discovery Channel would better suffice in my opinion.

Very detailed interviews with more than 2 women. Seeing how it actually affects women's day to day lives.

Showing doc appointments where the docs are saying..SORRY NO CURE. TLC would also be a good channel for a show. They have had documentaries on dwarfism,birth, death, etc. An hour or two long with nothing but talk about Vulvodynia. Not this joke that Oprah makes about vaginas.I have been in the audience of the Oprah show, it's entirely canned.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Krist said: "A documentary about a disorder that can create problems sexually (just using this part as an example because of how many have pain with sex) would not be an appropriate documentary for PBS"

I have seen authors lecturing on PBS about menopause, hormone deficiencies, and hormone treatments. I do think it could be on PBS if the focus was on the condition as a whole and it's causes/treatments rather than on it as a form of sexual disfunction.

~~

Guest guest

Krist said: "A documentary about a disorder that can create problems sexually (just using this part as an example because of how many have pain with sex) would not be an appropriate documentary for PBS"

I have seen authors lecturing on PBS about menopause, hormone deficiencies, and hormone treatments. I do think it could be on PBS if the focus was on the condition as a whole and it's causes/treatments rather than on it as a form of sexual disfunction.

~~

Guest guest

<A documentary about a disorder that can create problems sexually(just using this part as an example because of how many havepain with sex) would not be an appropriate documentary for PBS. I completely disagree. PBS tackles all sorts of "difficult" topics including sexuality, violence, and racism. Vaginas aren't dirty and every person walking around on this planet came through one (or should've come through one). You never know where something might be picked up. I agree TLC, Discovery, etc., would be good. Although personally I NEVER watch those shows because they glorify doctors and medical interventions. I wish instead of some of those dramatic shows about birth where mom/baby almost expires they would show some nice, normal, healthy births done by a midwife at a birth center. Just my .02. Lindsey

Special deal for Yahoo! users friends - No Cost. Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now

Guest guest

<I sure wish we had control over this.> We have SOME control over this. Keep writing, sending e-mails, etc. You really never know where something will take seed and bloom. Lindsey

Special deal for Yahoo! users friends - No Cost. Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now