RemedySpot.com

Re: Bud fainted

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Joanie,

How scary for you! I have not fainted yet but often have dizzy spells when I am sick. I hope others have answers for you and in the meantime, please know I am praying for Bud's quick recovery. God bless both of you- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Bud faintedTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:12 PM

Hello old friends and new friends -My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down in his seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house after a 2 hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have experience with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his nose, so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting the cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little good. There was no way I could put it back in his nose, as his nose was bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left. By the time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some, but the mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must say he has not fully recovered yet. I have asked his doctor for a prescription for a mask. Anybody use a mask? Bud is on 8 lpm, continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator depending

on what we are doing.Thanks in advance for caring -Joanie who loves Bud in Southern land, IPF 2006, PH 2007

Joanie,

How scary for you! I have not fainted yet but often have dizzy spells when I am sick. I hope others have answers for you and in the meantime, please know I am praying for Bud's quick recovery. God bless both of you- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: Bud faintedTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:12 PM

Hello old friends and new friends -My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down in his seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house after a 2 hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have experience with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his nose, so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting the cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little good. There was no way I could put it back in his nose, as his nose was bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left. By the time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some, but the mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must say he has not fully recovered yet. I have asked his doctor for a prescription for a mask. Anybody use a mask? Bud is on 8 lpm, continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator depending

on what we are doing.Thanks in advance for caring -Joanie who loves Bud in Southern land, IPF 2006, PH 2007

Joanie,

Joanie, Oh I know that must have scared the life out of you.

I am praying for you both. I have gotten very dizzy and nearly fell

because I didn't want to bother to go outside to change my

machine.Then the deal with the robutission wow that was scary..

All I could think is his tank may have emptied. Bless you both. I hate

to look at the helplessness in 's face. This is really a nasty

thing we are going through. I have never used a mask but I think I'll

get one and try it out.

God Bless, Peggy

>

> From: bud_kilmon

> Subject: Bud fainted

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:12 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello old friends and new friends -

> My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down in his

> seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house after a 2

> hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have experience

> with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his nose,

> so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting the

> cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little good.

> There was no way I could put it back in his nose, as his nose was

> bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left. By the

> time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some, but the

> mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must say he

> has not fully recovered yet. I have asked his doctor for a

> prescription for a mask. Anybody use a mask? Bud is on 8 lpm,

> continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator depending

> on what we are doing.

> Thanks in advance for caring -

> Joanie who loves Bud in Southern land, IPF 2006, PH 2007

>

Joanie,

I'm so sorry that this happened to you and Bud. I can only imagine how frightening it was for you. The only time I ever fainted was before I was diagnosed. It happened while I was at work in the middle of a meeting...lots of drama.

You did exactly the right thing putting the cannula in his mouth. Some oxygen is better than none. I agree that asking the doctor about a mask is a good idea. Maybe he needs just a little more when doing something like climbing stairs. It's such a guessing game.

In the meantime try to get yourself some rest in the midst of taking care of Bud. Give each other hugs for me!

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

Dr. Seuss

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:12:21 PMSubject: Bud fainted

Joanie,

I'm so sorry that this happened to you and Bud. I can only imagine how frightening it was for you. The only time I ever fainted was before I was diagnosed. It happened while I was at work in the middle of a meeting...lots of drama.

You did exactly the right thing putting the cannula in his mouth. Some oxygen is better than none. I agree that asking the doctor about a mask is a good idea. Maybe he needs just a little more when doing something like climbing stairs. It's such a guessing game.

In the meantime try to get yourself some rest in the midst of taking care of Bud. Give each other hugs for me!

Beth in North Carolina

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."

Dr. Seuss

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:12:21 PMSubject: Bud fainted

Joanie,

Beth in North Carolina

Dr. Seuss

Joanie,

Sorry to hear about Bud's fainting. I read that he passed out after climbing 3 steps. Climbing steps means that I need to turn up the O2 because Imy sat dropspretty quick. if I don't turn it up. I try to never climb steps that I don't have to climb.

I wish Bud a speedy recovery from this bad spell.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > > From: bud_kilmon bud_kilmon@> > Subject: Bud fainted> > To: Breathe-Support > > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:12 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hello old friends and new friends -> > My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down in his > > seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house after a 2 > > hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have experience > > with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his nose, > > so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting the > > cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little good. > > There was no way I could put it back in his nose, as his nose was > > bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left. By the > > time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some, but the > > mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must say he > > has not fully recovered yet. I have asked his doctor for a > > prescription for a mask. Anybody use a mask? Bud is on 8 lpm, > > continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator depending > > on what we are doing.> > Thanks in advance for caring -> > Joanie who loves Bud in Southern land, IPF 2006, PH 2007> >>

Joanie,

Sorry to hear about Bud's fainting. I read that he passed out after climbing 3 steps. Climbing steps means that I need to turn up the O2 because Imy sat dropspretty quick. if I don't turn it up. I try to never climb steps that I don't have to climb.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> > > > From: bud_kilmon bud_kilmon@> > Subject: Bud fainted> > To: Breathe-Support > > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:12 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hello old friends and new friends -> > My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down in his > > seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house after a 2 > > hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have experience > > with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his nose, > > so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting the > > cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little good. > > There was no way I could put it back in his nose, as his nose was > > bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left. By the > > time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some, but the > > mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must say he > > has not fully recovered yet. I have asked his doctor for a > > prescription for a mask. Anybody use a mask? Bud is on 8 lpm, > > continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator depending > > on what we are doing.> > Thanks in advance for caring -> > Joanie who loves Bud in Southern land, IPF 2006, PH 2007> >>

Joanie,

Toodles!

Peggy - Thank you so much for your compassion - I did not realize you

were in the hospital. I'm so sorry - it does not sound like any fun.

Hope you get in a better room soon. I will let you know how the mask

goes. Of course if he faints again, I hope my cell phone is close

by, the mask within reach and help on the way!

Take care - Love, Joanie

> >

> > From: bud_kilmon

> > Subject: Bud fainted

> > To: Breathe-Support

> > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:12 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello old friends and new friends -

> > My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down in

his

> > seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house after a

> > hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have

experience

> > with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his

nose,

> > so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting the

> > cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little

good.

> > There was no way I could put it back in his nose, as his nose was

> > bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left. By

the

> > time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some, but

the

> > mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must

say he

> > has not fully recovered yet. I have asked his doctor for a

> > prescription for a mask. Anybody use a mask? Bud is on 8 lpm,

> > continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator

depending

> > on what we are doing.

> > Thanks in advance for caring -

> > Joanie who loves Bud in Southern land, IPF 2006, PH 2007

> >

>

Take care - Love, Joanie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

his

experience

nose,

good.

the

the

say he

depending

> >

>

Take care - Love, Joanie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

his

experience

nose,

good.

the

the

say he

depending

> >

>

Dear Jane - Thanks for responding and for understanding. Yes, we

should have bumped his O2 to 10 before attempting the steps. Is

anyone out there on more than 10 lpm? The regulator we have only

goes to 8 but the LOX and concentrator both go up to 10. How high

can he go? Our pulmo has the attitude of " Bud should be happy he's

alive I never thought he would make it these past 2 years. " I would

say lol, but it's not funny, just sad and true. (And we pay this

guy?!) We have gone to 2 other pulmos who basically had same

attitude; this one just has a much closer office. I think this board

is the only group that truly understands from the patients' point of

view.

Joanie

> > >

> > > From: bud_kilmon bud_kilmon@

> > > Subject: Bud fainted

> > > To: Breathe-Support

> > > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:12 PM

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Hello old friends and new friends -

> > > My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down

in

> his

> > > seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house after

a 2

> > > hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have

experience

> > > with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his

> nose,

> > > so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting the

> > > cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little

good.

> > > There was no way I could put it back in his nose, as his nose

was

> > > bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left.

By

> the

> > > time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some,

but the

> > > mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must

say

> he

> > > has not fully recovered yet. I have asked his doctor for a

> > > prescription for a mask. Anybody use a mask? Bud is on 8 lpm,

> > > continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator

depending

> > > on what we are doing.

> > > Thanks in advance for caring -

> > > Joanie who loves Bud in Southern land, IPF 2006, PH 2007

> > >

> >

>

Joanie ... I'm sorry to hear of Bud's fainting and your scare. Have you found out yet WHY he fainted?

You both are in my prayers!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Bud fainted> > To: Breathe-Support > > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:12 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hello old friends and new friends -> > My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down in his > > seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house after a 2 > > hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have experience > > with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his nose, > > so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting the > > cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little good. > > There was no way I could put it back in his nose, as his nose was > > bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left. By the > > time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some, but the > > mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must say he > > has not fully recovered yet. I have asked his doctor for a > > prescription for a mask. Anybody use a mask? Bud is on 8 lpm, > > continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator depending > > on what we are doing.> > Thanks in advance for caring -> > Joanie who loves Bud in Southern land, IPF 2006, PH 2007> >>

Joanie ... I'm sorry to hear of Bud's fainting and your scare. Have you found out yet WHY he fainted?

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Bud fainted> > To: Breathe-Support > > Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:12 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hello old friends and new friends -> > My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down in his > > seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house after a 2 > > hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have experience > > with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his nose, > > so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting the > > cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little good. > > There was no way I could put it back in his nose, as his nose was > > bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left. By the > > time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some, but the > > mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must say he > > has not fully recovered yet. I have asked his doctor for a > > prescription for a mask. Anybody use a mask? Bud is on 8 lpm, > > continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator depending > > on what we are doing.> > Thanks in advance for caring -> > Joanie who loves Bud in Southern land, IPF 2006, PH 2007> >>

Hi Beth - Hugs received and appreciated! The scariest thing

about him collapsing was that split second wondering why? Was it the

O2? a heart attack? a stroke? I just did not know what to do as he

got more purple, so I did squeeze his nose and blow into his mouth as

well. It is all very scary. Thanks for caring - Joanie

>

> Joanie,

> I'm so sorry that this happened to you and Bud. I can only imagine

how frightening it was for you. The only time I ever fainted was

before I was diagnosed. It happened while I was at work in the middle

of a meeting...lots of drama.

> You did exactly the right thing putting the cannula in his mouth.

Some oxygen is better than none. I agree that asking the doctor about

a mask is a good idea. Maybe he needs just a little more when doing

something like climbing stairs. It's such a guessing game.

> In the meantime try to get yourself some rest in the midst of

taking care of Bud. Give each other hugs for me!

>  

> Beth in North Carolina

> Moderator

> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

>  

> " Maybe Christmas, " he thought, " doesn't come from a store. Maybe

Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more. "

> Dr. Seuss

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:12:21 PM

>

>

> My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped down in

his

> hour car ride. Was just too much for him. Any of you have

experience

> with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of his

nose,

> cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did little

good.

> bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands left. By

the

> time the ambulance arrived he was cogent and breathing some, but

the

> mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I must say

he

> continuous flow. We use liquid, e-tanks and a concentrator

depending

> on what we are doing.

>

>

> Joanie,

>  

> Beth in North Carolina

> Moderator

>  

> Dr. Seuss

>

>

>

>

>

>

his

experience

nose,

good.

the

the

he

depending

> on what we are doing.

>

>

> Joanie,

>  

> Beth in North Carolina

> Moderator

>  

> Dr. Seuss

>

>

>

>

>

>

his

experience

nose,

good.

the

the

he

depending

> on what we are doing.

>

Hi Sher - When I talked to his doctor he said could have been not

getting enough oxygen, he could be dehydrated or low on potassium.

It's all a guessing game. (So he cut back his lasix and increased his

potassium.) He is doing much better this morning, so everyday is

Thanksgiving.

Good to hear from you!

Joanie

> > >

> > > From: bud_kilmon

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > My husband, Bud, fainted yesterday, luckily as he plopped

down in

> his

> > > seated walker. He had just climbed 3 steps into our house

after a

> 2

> experience

> > > with fainting? When he bent forward his cannula came out of

his

> nose,

> > > so while holding him up, trying to call 911, I tried putting

the

> > > cannula in his mouth, but his mouth was open and it did

little

> good.

was

> > > bleeding, and I was holding him up and just had no hands

left. By

> the

but

> the

> > > mask they put on him really helped. It was a nightmare. I

must

> say he

> depending

> > >

> >

>

Thanksgiving.

Good to hear from you!

Joanie

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

down in

> his

after a

> 2

> experience

his

> nose,

the

little

> good.

was

left. By

> the

but

> the

must

> say he

> depending

> > >

> >

>

Thanksgiving.

Good to hear from you!

Joanie

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

down in

> his

after a

> 2

> experience

his

> nose,

the

little

> good.

was

left. By

> the

but

> the

must

> say he

> depending

> > >

> >

>

Dear - We take all the prayers we can get! Thank you so much

for responding. I have been thinking about you lately. My 41 year

old niece has just been diagnosed with sarcoidosis. She is a vibrant

young mother with children in high, middle and elementary schools.

She has cut her schedule way back and is trying to have a less

stressful life, but this is not easy.

Hope you are doing well - Joanie

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

his

experience

nose,

good.

the

the

he

depending

> on what we are doing.

>

Dear - We take all the prayers we can get! Thank you so much

for responding. I have been thinking about you lately. My 41 year

old niece has just been diagnosed with sarcoidosis. She is a vibrant

young mother with children in high, middle and elementary schools.

She has cut her schedule way back and is trying to have a less

stressful life, but this is not easy.

Hope you are doing well - Joanie

>

>

>

>

>