RemedySpot.com

Re: Tail bone Injury

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks so much!!! If I have more questions, I will be sure and write> SnoChelle wrote: Snofrye, I am so sorry to hear about your accident, are you doing okay? (this is long but it's hard to condense). My tailbone got 'knocked' over to the left side during delivery of my first son (11.5 yrs ago). Pain with sitting began after that delivery, though it was not 'major' pain at the time, just

annoyance. I began leaning over on my left side almost all the time when sitting at home. It's weird how pain can creep in almost insidiously and then we begin to compensate in some way and make things a whole lot worse. Since the birth of my second son, I've had more pain than ever with sitting! It's not surprising though, my whole pelvis is just whack! My sacrum keeps slipping 'up' on the right side. I went to Tom back in '05...he aligned my sacrum and I did really well for 1.5 yrs. I could sit without pain and my bladder (IC) did extremely well during that time. He has made a believer out of me about correcting misalignment's. I have a bone spur on the right side of my sacrum that extends down into the tailbone. It's described as running along the sacro-coccygeal junction. There is no way I'll be able to

get my tailbone straightened out without having that spur removed first. I finally found an ortho-surgeon to check it out, but I have to go to NC - five hrs. from me. If he will/can remove the spur, I'm gonna ask him to 'knock' my tailbone back over to a normal position (while asleep). Then, I'm gonna go back to Tom in OH...and have him realign my sacrum. I seem to be hyper-mobile in my joints...so it's gonna take some 'work' to keep me aligned. I had EMG testing on the Pudendal Nerve in NH and my readings were abnormal... though not through the roof. My hope is that if I can get everything aligned I will no longer have Pudendal Neuralgia. The bone spur is located in the area of the sacro-spinous ligament...and that is exactly where my EMG said I had the highest 'delayed' readings. I just hope I don't have arthritis in the tailbone joint or the right SI

joint. Here is a really good website for tailbone pain: http://www.coccyx.org On it I was able to locate an Orthopedic Surgeon who works in the sacral/tailbone area. I wish you the best, and hope my story helps you some. Hugs, Chelle

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Thanks so much!!! If I have more questions, I will be sure and write> SnoChelle wrote: Snofrye, I am so sorry to hear about your accident, are you doing okay? (this is long but it's hard to condense). My tailbone got 'knocked' over to the left side during delivery of my first son (11.5 yrs ago). Pain with sitting began after that delivery, though it was not 'major' pain at the time, just

annoyance. I began leaning over on my left side almost all the time when sitting at home. It's weird how pain can creep in almost insidiously and then we begin to compensate in some way and make things a whole lot worse. Since the birth of my second son, I've had more pain than ever with sitting! It's not surprising though, my whole pelvis is just whack! My sacrum keeps slipping 'up' on the right side. I went to Tom back in '05...he aligned my sacrum and I did really well for 1.5 yrs. I could sit without pain and my bladder (IC) did extremely well during that time. He has made a believer out of me about correcting misalignment's. I have a bone spur on the right side of my sacrum that extends down into the tailbone. It's described as running along the sacro-coccygeal junction. There is no way I'll be able to

get my tailbone straightened out without having that spur removed first. I finally found an ortho-surgeon to check it out, but I have to go to NC - five hrs. from me. If he will/can remove the spur, I'm gonna ask him to 'knock' my tailbone back over to a normal position (while asleep). Then, I'm gonna go back to Tom in OH...and have him realign my sacrum. I seem to be hyper-mobile in my joints...so it's gonna take some 'work' to keep me aligned. I had EMG testing on the Pudendal Nerve in NH and my readings were abnormal... though not through the roof. My hope is that if I can get everything aligned I will no longer have Pudendal Neuralgia. The bone spur is located in the area of the sacro-spinous ligament...and that is exactly where my EMG said I had the highest 'delayed' readings. I just hope I don't have arthritis in the tailbone joint or the right SI

joint. Here is a really good website for tailbone pain: http://www.coccyx.org On it I was able to locate an Orthopedic Surgeon who works in the sacral/tailbone area. I wish you the best, and hope my story helps you some. Hugs, Chelle

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Where can I then go to get good treatment? I live in IOwa. Thanks I have a guy who does myfascial release real well. Snofyre" K. Ockler" wrote: Hi Sno,Almost never would you expect surgery for this problem.An asymmetrical tailbone -sacrum can be completely corrected by someone who knows how to use the muscles to do it.Specially trained Osteopaths and PTs would be the only ones I'd let near me. As I have said in the past less than1% of the Osteopaths and PTs get training in

this area or remember the training they got.It is most likely that the tailbone is not injured but when the sacrum shifted it caused an unnatural pull on the coccyx. This is where you end up feeling the pain. And since the pelvic floor muscles insert there it causes havoc throughout the area.Tomwww.tomocklerpt.comSnofyre wrote: How many incidents of surgery for this condition have you seen? and what kind of surgery exactly? How will I know to check surgery out? My tailbone hurt in college, now again and the pain is great. What questions and requirements should I expect of my dr? Thanks" K. Ockler"

wrote: Sno,An easy connection from tailbone injuries to VV syndromes.Injury to tailbone causes asymmetrical pull on the levator ani, puborectalis / illiococcygeus / pubococcygeus in other words; the muscle that make up the pelvic floor.If left long enough in that condition, the muscles tighten up from pain and bombardment of the central nervous system by sensory nerve efferents (pain signals.)Muscles develope trigger points and become not only weak but clamp down on the nerves and blood vessels that take blood in and out of the pelvic floor and related structures including the nerves themselves. If the tension causes triggers and shortening of obturator internous muscle Alcock's canal can compress the pudendal nerve and blood vessels further. BINGO!!!! Chronic Crotch pain!!! And a viscous cycle of continuance until someone corrects the alignment

and releases the tone in the muscles.Hope this helpsTom Ockler P.T.www.tomockerpt.comKristy Sokoloski wrote: Hi Sno,Yes, ·I used to know of someone that was on this list that gotproblems with vulvodynia after an injury similar to yours. Sorry you were in an accident.Kristy :)__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ Never miss

a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.