> pains, like razor blades under the hood, but can't

> find any pattern to

> them. Trying to figure out if it's LP of the skin

> there or possibly

> nerve related.

> Melinda

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

I don't think they test for LP under the clitoral hood, I can't imagine

getting a biopsy from under there. Just getting a decent swab is

difficult, from what my dr. says. If you had LP, you would have it

elsewhere - the whole difference between LP and LS is that LP affects

the vagina too, causing inflammatory discharge. It's more likely to

cause the atrophy and fusing as well. Bah. =)

Melinda

Yes, the inflammatory discharge tends to be more yellowish colored. And

more discharge than most women would have on an average day. Also, if

you dr. looked at it under a microscope, there would be too many white

cells, indicating inflammation. I always have 2-3x the number of white

cells that I should. Argh. =) But it's not itchy or painful discharge

like yeast would be, thank God for that!

Melinda

Yes, the inflammatory discharge tends to be more yellowish colored. And

more discharge than most women would have on an average day. Also, if

you dr. looked at it under a microscope, there would be too many white

cells, indicating inflammation. I always have 2-3x the number of white

cells that I should. Argh. =) But it's not itchy or painful discharge

like yeast would be, thank God for that!

Melinda

You know what....back before this started I had itching and burning that went away (i thought it was yeast and treated it as so) but there was a dull itching inside (vestibule area) that was left, nothing too bad but enough to be annoying. Someone finally looked at a sample under the microscope and said she saw no yeast or bacteria but lots of white cells. She ended up treating me for BV and then literally a few days later I developed the clitoral pain. About a month later I was treated for yeast again for the itch and took 4 or 5 diflucan and it seemed to go away after that. But the clitoral pain stayed, along with the heavy yellowish discharge (well brown now b/c of the steriods in the nerve blocks). I really am starting to wonder if I do have a slight case of LP under the hood or on the clitoris. (odd though that that's the only place I have pain.) Do you think Dr. would be able to tell me whether

or not that's what I have? What has she had you do for your clitoral pain? I'm going to call her office today and find out the appt. process.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

You know what....back before this started I had itching and burning that went away (i thought it was yeast and treated it as so) but there was a dull itching inside (vestibule area) that was left, nothing too bad but enough to be annoying. Someone finally looked at a sample under the microscope and said she saw no yeast or bacteria but lots of white cells. She ended up treating me for BV and then literally a few days later I developed the clitoral pain. About a month later I was treated for yeast again for the itch and took 4 or 5 diflucan and it seemed to go away after that. But the clitoral pain stayed, along with the heavy yellowish discharge (well brown now b/c of the steriods in the nerve blocks). I really am starting to wonder if I do have a slight case of LP under the hood or on the clitoris. (odd though that that's the only place I have pain.) Do you think Dr. would be able to tell me whether

or not that's what I have? What has she had you do for your clitoral pain? I'm going to call her office today and find out the appt. process.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Hi Melinda, I have another question. If you avoid pressure to the clitoral area and kind of just leave it alone (for a while like days/weeks) does your pain seem to calm down a little bit and worsen with pressure/touch? Can LP have that kind of pain pattern?spanishmiss430 wrote: ,Yes, the inflammatory discharge tends to be more yellowish colored. And more discharge than most women would have on an average day. Also, if you dr. looked at it under a

microscope, there would be too many white cells, indicating inflammation. I always have 2-3x the number of white cells that I should. Argh. =) But it's not itchy or painful discharge like yeast would be, thank God for that!Melinda

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hi Melinda, I have another question. If you avoid pressure to the clitoral area and kind of just leave it alone (for a while like days/weeks) does your pain seem to calm down a little bit and worsen with pressure/touch? Can LP have that kind of pain pattern?spanishmiss430 wrote: ,Yes, the inflammatory discharge tends to be more yellowish colored. And more discharge than most women would have on an average day. Also, if you dr. looked at it under a

microscope, there would be too many white cells, indicating inflammation. I always have 2-3x the number of white cells that I should. Argh. =) But it's not itchy or painful discharge like yeast would be, thank God for that!Melinda

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.