RemedySpot.com

Re: Hi Beth............................................................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Alzheimers, of course, is dreadful disease and it is terrible to see, particularly in one's parents. Oh, my God, am I going to end up like that?

But there are sometimes a bit of humor. My father was afflicted and in a nursing home in his mid-eighties.

There was a very small woman whom he called Toots, his nickname for my mother. He brought her flowers walked with her, bought her candy, almost like a romance. I believe that he actuall thought she was Toots. One day the nurses cut her hair very short, like a boy and she now became Jack. The next morning he went into her room. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, still in her night gown, which was full but short. He knelt to put on her slippers and happened to glance up her gown.

He said, "Toots never told me that Jack was a girl. But that's all right, he's still my boy."

The director of the nursing home told me this story after his death. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Hi Beth............................................................

I just read your post and related so very much with it. I can not believe you are working so hard. Taking care of mild dementia is bad enough, but my Daughter 's Mother-in law is in a home here in Richmond. She really needs it. She has recently been put into the locked area for Alzheimers. She has had severe dementia for a few years now, but this past year has been really "out of it". It is so sad to see her that way because she was so vibrant, alive, rich, rich, rich, rich, etc. Anyhow, when the kids had to give away all her clothes, they all went to Goodwill. I can not imagine how many thousands of dollars of beautiful clothes she had. When she was very well a few years back, she and I used to lunch all the time, she always bought all her clothes at Dillards and Hechts, now Macy's. My goodness, she was a smart dresser though and had her hair done every week, the whole schmeer, but always looked

great. She and her sister (from Chicago) who I converse with a lot were born in war torn Germany during the Hitler reign. She used to "heil hitler" every day. She and her sister were raised in an orphanage as their mom and dad were killed when they were small girls. The stories which has come out of the sisters is unreal. Such a shame. My parents fortunately, never had dementia of any kind, they, like us, just watched their bodies deteriorate of old age before their eyes. They lived to be almost 100, God Bless them both. It was awful to watch them together in a nursing home in SD. They shared a room, but a brand new home it was then in 1986.My daughter does her Patsy Cline, Standard songs, and jazz and Women of Country (which is all of them) at the SPRING ARBOR HERE in Richmond. A job I put on for her about 4 years ago. She still sings there every month. was called the other

day by Charlie Dick again, Patsy Cline's husband in Berkeley Springs, WV to ask her to sing on Oct. 20, at the Troubadore Lounge there again. But this time they are going to pay her well. Guess they really liked her. She will sing from 9pm=12am. She and Dennis will stay the night there in a motel. I am so proud of her, but not because of that, for sure, because she is my angel of mercy in more ways than one. I do worry about her traveling on the highways so much every day, but she sings herself songs and listens to book tapes and radio programs she enjoys along the way.Rambling.... ......... .......I LOVE YOU THIS DAY!MARY LOUIPF -02

Jack, such a bitter-sweet memory!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi Beth............................................................

I just read your post and related so very much with it. I can not believe you are working so hard. Taking care of mild dementia is bad enough, but my Daughter 's Mother-in law is in a home here in Richmond. She really needs it. She has recently been put into the locked area for Alzheimers. She has had severe dementia for a few years now, but this past year has been really "out of it". It is so sad to see her that way because she was so vibrant, alive, rich, rich, rich, rich, etc. Anyhow, when the kids had to give away all her clothes, they all went to Goodwill. I can not imagine how many thousands of dollars of beautiful clothes she had. When she was very well a few years back, she and I used to lunch all the time, she always bought all her clothes at Dillards and Hechts, now Macy's. My goodness, she was a smart dresser though and had her hair done every week, the whole schmeer, but always looked great. She and her sister (from Chicago) who I converse with a lot were born in war torn Germany during the Hitler reign. She used to "heil hitler" every day. She and her sister were raised in an orphanage as their mom and dad were killed when they were small girls. The stories which has come out of the sisters is unreal. Such a shame. My parents fortunately, never had dementia of any kind, they, like us, just watched their bodies deteriorate of old age before their eyes. They lived to be almost 100, God Bless them both. It was awful to watch them together in a nursing home in SD. They shared a room, but a brand new home it was then in 1986.My daughter does her Patsy Cline, Standard songs, and jazz and Women of Country (which is all of them) at the SPRING ARBOR HERE in Richmond. A job I put on for her about 4 years ago. She still sings there every month. was called the other day by Charlie Dick again, Patsy Cline's husband in Berkeley Springs, WV to ask her to sing on Oct. 20, at the Troubadore Lounge there again. But this time they are going to pay her well. Guess they really liked her. She will sing from 9pm=12am. She and Dennis will stay the night there in a motel. I am so proud of her, but not because of that, for sure, because she is my angel of mercy in more ways than one. I do worry about her traveling on the highways so much every day, but she sings herself songs and listens to book tapes and radio programs she enjoys along the way.Rambling.... ......... .......I LOVE YOU THIS DAY!MARY LOUIPF -02