the disease. Besides now I blame Not Me for leaving dishes stacked

in the sink, forgetting to turn out lights and the occasionally

broken glass when it gets dropped. The added benefit is that I now

know why my girls had this invisible little friend I hated all those

years.

Seriously if you have never heard of this try it. It does allow you

to feel more like you are still you and this disease is not who you

are. Jean

Jean ...what a good idea. And my name "Gladys" just popped right into my brain. lol. So my "not me" is Gladys. lol

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Nickname

One time I read that people with chronic and terminal illness should give their disease a nickname. In doing this and blaming it by this name, we are less likely to define ourselves by our disease. I don't know how many here have ever heard of this or tried it but it really does help keep things in focus better.Of course, you better let your spouse or significant other in on the name before you mention that Fred or Babs is making you extremely tired lately. If not you will have more to worry about than pulmo problems.When I decided to name this, I really gave a lot of thought to what that nickname should be. The best thing that I came up with came to me in terms of those memories of the girls growing up and their dreaded Not Me. You all must have had your own Not Me living in your home at one time or the other. You know the one who left food on the counter, lights on, tv's going, broke your favorit nickknack, grandma's tea pot, dented the car - and removed the mailbox all in one evening - etc. And I could go on and on naming Not Me's transgressions.In chosing to call it Not Me, it is a constant reminder that I am not the disease. Besides now I blame Not Me for leaving dishes stacked in the sink, forgetting to turn out lights and the occasionally broken glass when it gets dropped. The added benefit is that I now know why my girls had this invisible little friend I hated all those years.Seriously if you have never heard of this try it. It does allow you to feel more like you are still you and this disease is not who you are. Jean

Jean ...what a good idea. And my name "Gladys" just popped right into my brain. lol. So my "not me" is Gladys. lol

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Nickname

One time I read that people with chronic and terminal illness should give their disease a nickname. In doing this and blaming it by this name, we are less likely to define ourselves by our disease. I don't know how many here have ever heard of this or tried it but it really does help keep things in focus better.Of course, you better let your spouse or significant other in on the name before you mention that Fred or Babs is making you extremely tired lately. If not you will have more to worry about than pulmo problems.When I decided to name this, I really gave a lot of thought to what that nickname should be. The best thing that I came up with came to me in terms of those memories of the girls growing up and their dreaded Not Me. You all must have had your own Not Me living in your home at one time or the other. You know the one who left food on the counter, lights on, tv's going, broke your favorit nickknack, grandma's tea pot, dented the car - and removed the mailbox all in one evening - etc. And I could go on and on naming Not Me's transgressions.In chosing to call it Not Me, it is a constant reminder that I am not the disease. Besides now I blame Not Me for leaving dishes stacked in the sink, forgetting to turn out lights and the occasionally broken glass when it gets dropped. The added benefit is that I now know why my girls had this invisible little friend I hated all those years.Seriously if you have never heard of this try it. It does allow you to feel more like you are still you and this disease is not who you are. Jean

/Jean ... that's why "Gladys" popped in my mind. My kids would say "she did it" and I'd ask, "ok, who's she?" they'd laugh and say 'Gladys' who we all knew was just a made up name!

Re: Nickname

Jean...I like this idea...Not me is yours...I may take" I don't know".That's the other thing my 3 kids always said was the culprit!!!This could get out of hand..but it's silly and fun too!

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca Minor-periwinkle is my flower

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->jeane7160 wrote:

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.13/1828 - Release Date: 12/4/2008 8:05 AM

great idea Jeane Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: NicknameTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 3:38 PM

One time I read that people with chronic and terminal illness should give their disease a nickname. In doing this and blaming it by this name, we are less likely to define ourselves by our disease. I don't know how many here have ever heard of this or tried it but it really does help keep things in focus better.Of course, you better let your spouse or significant other in on the name before you mention that Fred or Babs is making you extremely tired lately. If not you will have more to worry about than pulmo problems.When I decided to name this, I really gave a lot of thought to what that nickname should be. The best thing that I came up with came to me in terms of those memories of the girls growing up and their dreaded Not Me. You all must have had your own Not Me living in your home at one time or the other. You know the one who left food on the counter, lights on, tv's going, broke

your favorit nickknack, grandma's tea pot, dented the car - and removed the mailbox all in one evening - etc. And I could go on and on naming Not Me's transgressions.In chosing to call it Not Me, it is a constant reminder that I am not the disease. Besides now I blame Not Me for leaving dishes stacked in the sink, forgetting to turn out lights and the occasionally broken glass when it gets dropped. The added benefit is that I now know why my girls had this invisible little friend I hated all those years.Seriously if you have never heard of this try it. It does allow you to feel more like you are still you and this disease is not who you are. Jean