RemedySpot.com

Re: thrush

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've had a horrible time with thrush in the mouth before now. It got to the point where my tongue was constantly sore with shiney patches on. The usual thrush meds didn't do much and not for long. The only thing that has really worked for me is absolute meticulous oral hygeine. I started to thoroughly clean my teeth 3 times a day, make sure that I gave my tongue a good scrub too (at first the tongue would bleed slightly, but that didn't last long) floss and rinse well with a good quality mouthwash. When the thrush finally went I could drop the after lunch scrub, but I still have to be very very thorough. If I'm a bit lax for any reason (time, feeling unwell etc) then it is ready to spring back. I also have to go back to 3 cleans a day when I'm on antibiotics.

All sounds like I didn't take care of my oral hygiene in the first place, but I did. However no one told me that the pred and imuran would cause the problem.

Love Ze xx>> does anyone have any issues with thrush in their mouth. don't always > have it on a daily basis but do have it and this week is even more > horrendous. Know it is the prednisone and imuran. It seems to be > effected also by what i eat. patti, ipf 7'06, nj>

I've had a horrible time with thrush in the mouth before now. It got to the point where my tongue was constantly sore with shiney patches on. The usual thrush meds didn't do much and not for long. The only thing that has really worked for me is absolute meticulous oral hygeine. I started to thoroughly clean my teeth 3 times a day, make sure that I gave my tongue a good scrub too (at first the tongue would bleed slightly, but that didn't last long) floss and rinse well with a good quality mouthwash. When the thrush finally went I could drop the after lunch scrub, but I still have to be very very thorough. If I'm a bit lax for any reason (time, feeling unwell etc) then it is ready to spring back. I also have to go back to 3 cleans a day when I'm on antibiotics.

All sounds like I didn't take care of my oral hygiene in the first place, but I did. However no one told me that the pred and imuran would cause the problem.

Love Ze xx>> does anyone have any issues with thrush in their mouth. don't always > have it on a daily basis but do have it and this week is even more > horrendous. Know it is the prednisone and imuran. It seems to be > effected also by what i eat. patti, ipf 7'06, nj>

Z, I know what your saying. The first time I had it my throat was sooo sore. looked down my throat and was so grossed out. I had it all in my mouth and down my throat. I was so sick from prednisone I didn't realize it. I used the nystation every few hours and it cleared up in just a few days. Then I used it three times a day after a good mouth cleaning.. nasty stuff.Hope your feeling ok. Are you pretty much settled into your new home yet? I've been here four years now andstill don't have all my pictures hung.. Oh well that may never happen and thats ok. I'm here.. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Z, I know what your saying. The first time I had it my throat was sooo sore. looked down my throat and was so grossed out. I had it all in my mouth and down my throat. I was so sick from prednisone I didn't realize it. I used the nystation every few hours and it cleared up in just a few days. Then I used it three times a day after a good mouth cleaning.. nasty stuff.Hope your feeling ok. Are you pretty much settled into your new home yet? I've been here four years now andstill don't have all my pictures hung.. Oh well that may never happen and thats ok. I'm here.. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." 

Peggy

So glad to see you back among the typing. Feeling better little by

little I hope and still no return of fever?

>

> Z, I know what your saying. The first time I had it my throat was

> sooo sore. looked down my throat and

> was so grossed out. I had it all in my mouth and down my throat. I

> was so sick from prednisone I didn't realize it.

> I used the nystation every few hours and it cleared up in just a few

> days. Then I used it three times a day after a good mouth cleaning..

> nasty stuff.

>

> Hope your feeling ok. Are you pretty much settled into your new home

> yet? I've been here four years now and

> still don't have all my pictures hung.. Oh well that may never happen

> and thats ok. I'm here..

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

>

> " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

>

>

> 

>

wow

i didn't realize the meds could create that kind of problem

does diet (yogurt) have anything to do with thrush?Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: thrushTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 12:10 PM

wow

does diet (yogurt) have anything to do with thrush?Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: thrushTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, December 4, 2008, 12:10 PM

wow

Hi Peggy,

I'm not feeling too bad right now. I've got a bit of a cold but am refusing to let it get the better of me. I have a funky new hairdo and sexy new glasses and a whole new attitude to life. I hadn't realised how stressed and down the move had made me, but now although there's a few things still stressing me out about the flat, (mainly Rob deciding to reorganise stuff at about 9pm while I'm trying to wind down for the evening) it's not getting me down quite so much. The walls are really hard to drill into, so getting the pictures up isn't something that I can get on and do, which is quite frustrating.

Oh well, at least I love my new hair! It's bright red!

Are you on the mend?

Love Ze xx>> Z, I know what your saying. The first time I had it my throat was > sooo sore. looked down my throat and> was so grossed out. I had it all in my mouth and down my throat. I > was so sick from prednisone I didn't realize it.> I used the nystation every few hours and it cleared up in just a few > days. Then I used it three times a day after a good mouth cleaning.. > nasty stuff.> > Hope your feeling ok. Are you pretty much settled into your new home > yet? I've been here four years now and> still don't have all my pictures hung.. Oh well that may never happen > and thats ok. I'm here..> > > Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004> > "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."> > > >