> it's normally in the 50s and everybody's happy. I think Metoprolol is

> normally prescribed for arrhythmia. He also sent me for an

echocardiogram and I

> get the results of that today.

>

> Bill in PA

> dx 9/08

> **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and

> favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

>

(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom0\

0000010)

>

Bill ... My heartbeat was crazy too. Sometimes in the 200s upwards. Bounced around from the 30s upward and all around.

Dr did echo, stress test and whatever and apparently my heart just skips beats and therefore produces erratic readings.

No meds. He said, "There is nothing wrong with your heart". Well that is good news.

BTW, I do have an oximeter but most of the time ignore heart rate 'cause it isn't accurate anyway. NOW, I'm not saying YOU do that!

Hopefully your echo will be ok.

As Bruce wrote, at least you are being monitored.

Have a good one!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

racing heartbeat

BillSo glad you discovered it and just another reason for everyone to havean oximeter. I know some get tired of me preaching it so, but when I seesituations like yours, I'm so relieved, yet so concerned for thosewithout oximeters.Hope your echocardiogram turns out ok. Regardless, at least you arebeing treated and monitored.>> Hi...> A couple of people in recent days have mentioned racing heartbeat. Itoo> had that, and started watching it with my new oximeter. A couple oftimes> it went above 160 and even 180 bpm. My heart guy put me on Metoprolol,50 mg> and it seems to have taken care of that. In fact, my resting heartrate was> then going below 40 at times so he told me to just take half the pilland now> it's normally in the 50s and everybody's happy. I think Metoprolol is> normally prescribed for arrhythmia. He also sent me for anechocardiogram and I> get the results of that today.>> Bill in PA> dx 9/08> **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and> favorite sites in one place. Try it now.>(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom0\0000010)>

Bill ... My heartbeat was crazy too. Sometimes in the 200s upwards. Bounced around from the 30s upward and all around.

Dr did echo, stress test and whatever and apparently my heart just skips beats and therefore produces erratic readings.

No meds. He said, "There is nothing wrong with your heart". Well that is good news.

BTW, I do have an oximeter but most of the time ignore heart rate 'cause it isn't accurate anyway. NOW, I'm not saying YOU do that!

Hopefully your echo will be ok.

As Bruce wrote, at least you are being monitored.

Have a good one!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

racing heartbeat

BillSo glad you discovered it and just another reason for everyone to havean oximeter. I know some get tired of me preaching it so, but when I seesituations like yours, I'm so relieved, yet so concerned for thosewithout oximeters.Hope your echocardiogram turns out ok. Regardless, at least you arebeing treated and monitored.>> Hi...> A couple of people in recent days have mentioned racing heartbeat. Itoo> had that, and started watching it with my new oximeter. A couple oftimes> it went above 160 and even 180 bpm. My heart guy put me on Metoprolol,50 mg> and it seems to have taken care of that. In fact, my resting heartrate was> then going below 40 at times so he told me to just take half the pilland now> it's normally in the 50s and everybody's happy. I think Metoprolol is> normally prescribed for arrhythmia. He also sent me for anechocardiogram and I> get the results of that today.>> Bill in PA> dx 9/08> **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and> favorite sites in one place. Try it now.>(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom0\0000010)>