RemedySpot.com

Re: Summer Plans for child with Aspergers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Kentwood is a fun well rounded camp with a supportative staff. You can also look into the Dan Marino Center in Weston about there summer program. Good Luck,Adriene Fern M.S.E., E.S.E.Advocacy Management, LLCwww.sofladvocacy.com To: sList Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:50 PM Subject: Summer Plans for child with Aspergers

Hello,

My 6 year old son with Aspergers really needs extra help this summer working on his social skills. I usually put him in regular camp, but this hasn't really worked well for the past 2 summers.

I am thinking about sending him to Dr. Mike Rizzo's summer program in Weston for part of the summer and/or Kentwood Prep School in Davie (it is an AEF school). Does anyone have any feedback about either program (or any suggestions - we live in South Broward)?

Thanks.

Guest guest

Be advised....as recently reported on the news. Florida has NO LAWS pertaining to background checks for camp workers.

To: sList Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:50:29 PMSubject: Summer Plans for child with Aspergers

Hello,My 6 year old son with Aspergers really needs extra help this summer working on his social skills. I usually put him in regular camp, but this hasn't really worked well for the past 2 summers. I am thinking about sending him to Dr. Mike Rizzo's summer program in Weston for part of the summer and/or Kentwood Prep School in Davie (it is an AEF school). Does anyone have any feedback about either program (or any suggestions - we live in South Broward)?Thanks.

Guest guest

Be advised....as recently reported on the news. Florida has NO LAWS pertaining to background checks for camp workers.

To: sList Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:50:29 PMSubject: Summer Plans for child with Aspergers

Hello,My 6 year old son with Aspergers really needs extra help this summer working on his social skills. I usually put him in regular camp, but this hasn't really worked well for the past 2 summers. I am thinking about sending him to Dr. Mike Rizzo's summer program in Weston for part of the summer and/or Kentwood Prep School in Davie (it is an AEF school). Does anyone have any feedback about either program (or any suggestions - we live in South Broward)?Thanks.

Guest guest

Could you give us more info on Dr. Mike Rizzo??

To: sList Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:50:29 PMSubject: Summer Plans for child with AspergersHello,My 6 year old son with Aspergers really needs extra help this summer working on his social skills. I usually put him in regular camp, but this hasn't really worked well for the past 2 summers. I am thinking about sending him to Dr. Mike Rizzo's summer program in Weston for part of the summer and/or Kentwood Prep School in Davie (it is an AEF school). Does anyone have any feedback about either program (or any suggestions - we live in South Broward)?Thanks.------------------------------------

Guest guest

Dr. Rizzo did my ASD son's psycho/educational evaluation in 2006. He was very

patient, professional, thorough and understanding. I would love more information

about his camp as well. I have a 12 year old who would benefit for this camp.