RemedySpot.com

Re: Prednisone jitters

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When I was in the hospital, they divided the dosages (am & evening), to lessen the side effects and to help with the inflammation of my intestine.

IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07

Prednisone jitters

Hello,I just received a message from the pulmo regarding the negative sideeffects I have been experiencing with Prednisone. Originally, I hadbeen taking 10 mg. every 6 hrs as RX. I was now informed I could takeall 40 mg. in one dose in the AM which would help with insomnia. Thissounds great but I am a bit frightened to take all this in a shortperiod of time as I imagine myself reacting as the Energizer Bunny ondrugs. Anyone else have experience with dosing in this manner?thanks,

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger

When I was in the hospital, they divided the dosages (am & evening), to lessen the side effects and to help with the inflammation of my intestine.

Prednisone jitters

Hello,I just received a message from the pulmo regarding the negative sideeffects I have been experiencing with Prednisone. Originally, I hadbeen taking 10 mg. every 6 hrs as RX. I was now informed I could takeall 40 mg. in one dose in the AM which would help with insomnia. Thissounds great but I am a bit frightened to take all this in a shortperiod of time as I imagine myself reacting as the Energizer Bunny ondrugs. Anyone else have experience with dosing in this manner?thanks,

Prednisone jitters

I always took my Prednisone in one dose and in the a.m. With high doses, for me anything over 20, I take Xanax to help with the anxiety and the jitters. Xanax taken in the evening will help you sleep.

I am down to 7.5 now and hoping to be off soon. It has been up and down for years.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hello,> > I just received a message from the pulmo regarding the negative side> effects I have been experiencing with Prednisone. Originally, I had> been taking 10 mg. every 6 hrs as RX. I was now informed I could take> all 40 mg. in one dose in the AM which would help with insomnia. This> sounds great but I am a bit frightened to take all this in a short> period of time as I imagine myself reacting as the Energizer Bunny on> drugs. Anyone else have experience with dosing in this manner?> > thanks,> > >

I always took my Prednisone in one dose and in the a.m. With high doses, for me anything over 20, I take Xanax to help with the anxiety and the jitters. Xanax taken in the evening will help you sleep.

I am down to 7.5 now and hoping to be off soon. It has been up and down for years.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hello,> > I just received a message from the pulmo regarding the negative side> effects I have been experiencing with Prednisone. Originally, I had> been taking 10 mg. every 6 hrs as RX. I was now informed I could take> all 40 mg. in one dose in the AM which would help with insomnia. This> sounds great but I am a bit frightened to take all this in a short> period of time as I imagine myself reacting as the Energizer Bunny on> drugs. Anyone else have experience with dosing in this manner?> > thanks,> > >

, I was on 60 mg and took it each AM after breakfast. I had every horrid symptom you have ever read.. NOT for me.  Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up." Hello,I just received a message from the pulmo regarding the negative sideeffects I have been experiencing with Prednisone. Originally, I hadbeen taking 10 mg. every 6 hrs as RX. I was now informed I could takeall 40 mg. in one dose in the AM which would help with insomnia. Thissounds great but I am a bit frightened to take all this in a shortperiod of time as I imagine myself reacting as the Energizer Bunny ondrugs. Anyone else have experience with dosing in this manner?thanks, 

I was on 40mg a day for several months, starting in January –

have now been phased down to 5mg. I took my entire dose at once, in the

morning, and never had any problems with side effects. I even manage to lose 5

pounds while on the higher dosage!

Steve aka…Knip IPF Dx

09/07 confirmed via VATS 12/07

57 NH