RemedySpot.com

Re: Migraine & Burning - Dee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

FYI Migraine sufferers. I take either 20mg of Relpax and one motrin or 40mg of Relpax and two motrin at the start of the migraine depending on how bad it is. It works pretty well without making me tired like Imitrex. Relpax is a prescription I got from my vulvar doctor.

-------------- Original message --------------

Hey Dee, I first had a Migraine (with aura) when I was 19. FREAKY is the correct term. I can see why people think they are having a stroke. Mine always started with a bright 'colored' spot. Like when you look at bright lights, then look away and see spots. Only with the Migraines, it just progresses until it would turn into those crazy, squiggly lines....vibrating lines...slurred speech...etc....then BAM - the worst head pain EVER. Not to mention the nausea and vomiting too.

took me to the ER yrs. ago and I had a CT scan -- I left with no answers. It wasn't until I saw an eye doctor that he explained to me what they were...Ophthalmic Migraines.

I learned that if I would take about 4 Ibuprofen and immediately lie down when symptoms began, I could end up with more of low grade headache then the Intense pain.

Good thing is though, I've not had one in several years now. Yea!!! Thanks for that link, Dee. I'm just not sure 'where' you pull up all these links...LOL! You are so good at it - I believe I could have purple stuff running out of my eyes, and you'd be like, "here, Hon, here's about 50 links, sure I've heard of that before"....You are so cool! Hugs, Chelle