> How does that sound to you guys.

>

> You haven't heard much from me yesterday or today. A lot of

> complications arose yesterday afternoon at the eye surgeon's office,

> THE VA. EYE INSTITUTE, nevertheless, yeah right!!!! It is all

> straightened out now so that's what counts. They really put the screws

> to me knowing of my PF progressive terminal disease by telling me I

> have to have a check in their office on the Surgery Director's desk no

> later than 3 days prior to the surgery or 'no go'. She explained why.

> The amount would be $1100.00. Earl and I almost fainted. What's

> this?????????

>

> He had planned to perform the 'TORIC PREMIUM' surgical implant to

> correct my stigmatism so I would never have to wear glasses. Well,

> come to find out the $500. was for the surgeon, $600. for the

> Institute. Bulla crappa,........... no less. As U say, NOT ME!!!

>

> Well, yesterday morning I called the Surgical Director and talked with

> her AFTER I HAD TALKED WITH EARL'S INSURANCE COMPANY UNITED HEALTH,

> Optimum Choice. The INS> com. said I don't need to pay a thing because

> I went from the Toric Premium surgery to the Standard lens operation.

> That would cost me nothing. I told the Surgical Director that I had

> decided not to have the toric premium surgery, I could never afford

> that in a million years with my present PF condition that would be

> crazy. Director told me the Standard Lens would also help to correct

> the stigmatism pretty good. So I agreed. Today I should get a letter

> from her and a change of procedures under the knife.

>

> Director yesterday went into Dr. Sakowski's office to tell him of my

> change in procedures and he knew I couldn't afford it then, so he told

> her my stigmatism was pretty bad, so TOLD HER HE WOULDN'T CHARGE ME

FOR

> THAT. YYYYYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAAAAAAAAAA! So life

> is good, God is Good and I am Good. heeeee Earl is good too.

>

> brought me my new knit black slacks from w/mart yesterday

> afternoon and also a dozen pink roses with baby breath. I just cried

> when I got them. That's how thoughtful and considerate she is all the

> time. I wrote her a check for the slacks and snuck in a few extra

> bucks for everything she continually does for Mom. She was between

> gigs too so I gave her some fresh baked meatloaf I had just made. It

> is amazing how little she can eat at one time. Like 3 tablespoons and

> she is full.

>

> I don't think it is right that the Dr. tried to get the money I don't

> have but I know too that he is a great surgeon, and he will do all he

> can for me. So I thanked the Director for her service to me too.

>

> End of the line for now. 'persistant fighter'.

> See, that is a good name for me. Never give up!!!

>

> I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

> MARY LOU

> IPF - 02

>

mary lou

Persistant Fighter is a great nickname--but please include pulmonary fibrosis so people know that the disease exists

thanksPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: NICKNAME for meTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 4:06 PM

I decided last 2 days trying to think of something that would match PF initials, so I thought "Persistant Fighter" is my new nickname. When anyone asks me what's wrong with me I will just say; Persistant Fighter.How does that sound to you guys.You haven't heard much from me yesterday or today. A lot of complications arose yesterday afternoon at the eye surgeon's office, THE VA. EYE INSTITUTE, nevertheless, yeah right!!!! It is all straightened out now so that's what counts. They really put the screws to me knowing of my PF progressive terminal disease by telling me I have to have a check in their office on the Surgery Director's desk no later than 3 days prior to the surgery or 'no go'. She explained why. The amount would be $1100.00. Earl and I almost fainted. What's this???????? ?He had planned to perform the 'TORIC PREMIUM' surgical implant to correct my stigmatism so I would never

have to wear glasses. Well, come to find out the $500. was for the surgeon, $600. for the Institute. Bulla crappa,..... ...... no less. As U say, NOT ME!!!Well, yesterday morning I called the Surgical Director and talked with her AFTER I HAD TALKED WITH EARL'S INSURANCE COMPANY UNITED HEALTH, Optimum Choice. The INS> com. said I don't need to pay a thing because I went from the Toric Premium surgery to the Standard lens operation. That would cost me nothing. I told the Surgical Director that I had decided not to have the toric premium surgery, I could never afford that in a million years with my present PF condition that would be crazy. Director told me the Standard Lens would also help to correct the stigmatism pretty good. So I agreed. Today I should get a letter from her and a change of procedures under the knife.Director yesterday went into Dr. Sakowski's office to tell him of my

change in procedures and he knew I couldn't afford it then, so he told her my stigmatism was pretty bad, so TOLD HER HE WOULDN'T CHARGE ME FOR THAT. YYYYYAYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYAYAYAY AYAYYAYAYYAAAAAA AAAA! So life is good, God is Good and I am Good. heeeee Earl is good too. brought me my new knit black slacks from w/mart yesterday afternoon and also a dozen pink roses with baby breath. I just cried when I got them. That's how thoughtful and considerate she is all the time. I wrote her a check for the slacks and snuck in a few extra bucks for everything she continually does for Mom. She was between gigs too so I gave her some fresh baked meatloaf I had just made. It is amazing how little she can eat at one time. Like 3 tablespoons and she is full.I don't think it is right that the Dr. tried to get the money I don't have but I know too that he is a great surgeon, and he will do all he

can for me. So I thanked the Director for her service to me too.End of the line for now. 'persistant fighter'.See, that is a good name for me. Never give up!!!I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF - 02

I have lots of nicknames for the PF

However I fear that if I printed them here I may get banned for using obscene language

Love Ze xx> > Subject: NICKNAME for me> To: Breathe-Support > Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 4:06 PM> > > > > > > I decided last 2 days trying to think of something that would match PF > initials, so I thought "Persistant Fighter" is my new nickname. When > anyone asks me what's wrong with me I will just say; Persistant Fighter.> How does that sound to you guys.> > You haven't heard much from me yesterday or today. A lot of > complications arose yesterday afternoon at the eye surgeon's office, > THE VA. EYE INSTITUTE, nevertheless, yeah right!!!! It is all > straightened out now so that's what counts. They really put the screws > to me knowing of my PF progressive terminal disease by telling me I > have to have a check in their office on the Surgery Director's desk no > later than 3 days prior to the surgery or 'no go'. She explained why. > The amount would be $1100.00. Earl and I almost fainted. What's > this???????? ?> > He had planned to perform the 'TORIC PREMIUM' surgical implant to > correct my stigmatism so I would never have to wear glasses. Well, > come to find out the $500. was for the surgeon, $600. for the > Institute. Bulla crappa,..... ...... no less. As U say, NOT ME!!!> > Well, yesterday morning I called the Surgical Director and talked with > her AFTER I HAD TALKED WITH EARL'S INSURANCE COMPANY UNITED HEALTH, > Optimum Choice. The INS> com. said I don't need to pay a thing because > I went from the Toric Premium surgery to the Standard lens operation. > That would cost me nothing. I told the Surgical Director that I had > decided not to have the toric premium surgery, I could never afford > that in a million years with my present PF condition that would be > crazy. Director told me the Standard Lens would also help to correct > the stigmatism pretty good. So I agreed. Today I should get a letter > from her and a change of procedures under the knife.> > Director yesterday went into Dr. Sakowski's office to tell him of my > change in procedures and he knew I couldn't afford it then, so he told > her my stigmatism was pretty bad, so TOLD HER HE WOULDN'T CHARGE ME FOR > THAT. YYYYYAYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYAYAYAY AYAYYAYAYYAAAAAA AAAA! So life > is good, God is Good and I am Good. heeeee Earl is good too. > > brought me my new knit black slacks from w/mart yesterday > afternoon and also a dozen pink roses with baby breath. I just cried > when I got them. That's how thoughtful and considerate she is all the > time. I wrote her a check for the slacks and snuck in a few extra > bucks for everything she continually does for Mom. She was between > gigs too so I gave her some fresh baked meatloaf I had just made. It > is amazing how little she can eat at one time. Like 3 tablespoons and > she is full.> > I don't think it is right that the Dr. tried to get the money I don't > have but I know too that he is a great surgeon, and he will do all he > can for me. So I thanked the Director for her service to me too.> > End of the line for now. 'persistant fighter'.> See, that is a good name for me. Never give up!!!> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> MARY LOU> IPF - 02>

Good Morning Joyce: I spelled 'Persistent' wrong and just looked it

up, but I made that nickname for me as I think about it just about

every second of the day. It means a whole lot to me as Pulmonary

Fibrosis itself is what I am fighting. All day long, every time I

move with this plastic hose across my face I am a " Persistent

Fighter " of this disease. So actually I think the words fit for me

good. I have always been persistent, and if I continue to be that

way, my optimism stays high.

I LOVE YOU ALL THIS DAY

HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY AND JUST BE CAREFUL

MARY LOU - RICHMOND VA

IPF - 02

>

> From: Lou

> Subject: NICKNAME for me

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 4:06 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I decided last 2 days trying to think of something that would match

PF

> initials, so I thought " Persistant Fighter " is my new nickname.

When

> anyone asks me what's wrong with me I will just say; Persistant

Fighter.

> How does that sound to you guys.

>

> You haven't heard much from me yesterday or today. A lot of

> complications arose yesterday afternoon at the eye surgeon's

office,

> THE VA. EYE INSTITUTE, nevertheless, yeah right!!!! It is all

> straightened out now so that's what counts. They really put the

screws

> to me knowing of my PF progressive terminal disease by telling me I

> have to have a check in their office on the Surgery Director's desk

no

> later than 3 days prior to the surgery or 'no go'. She explained

why.

> The amount would be $1100.00. Earl and I almost fainted. What's

> this???????? ?

>

> He had planned to perform the 'TORIC PREMIUM' surgical implant to

> correct my stigmatism so I would never have to wear glasses. Well,

> come to find out the $500. was for the surgeon, $600. for the

> Institute. Bulla crappa,..... ...... no less. As U say, NOT ME!!!

>

> Well, yesterday morning I called the Surgical Director and talked

with

> her AFTER I HAD TALKED WITH EARL'S INSURANCE COMPANY UNITED HEALTH,

> Optimum Choice. The INS> com. said I don't need to pay a thing

because

> I went from the Toric Premium surgery to the Standard lens

operation.

> That would cost me nothing. I told the Surgical Director that I had

> decided not to have the toric premium surgery, I could never afford

> that in a million years with my present PF condition that would be

> crazy. Director told me the Standard Lens would also help to

correct

> the stigmatism pretty good. So I agreed. Today I should get a

letter

> from her and a change of procedures under the knife.

>

> Director yesterday went into Dr. Sakowski's office to tell him of

my

> change in procedures and he knew I couldn't afford it then, so he

told

> her my stigmatism was pretty bad, so TOLD HER HE WOULDN'T CHARGE ME

FOR

> THAT. YYYYYAYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYAYAYAY AYAYYAYAYYAAAAAA AAAA!

So life

> is good, God is Good and I am Good. heeeee Earl is good too.

>

> brought me my new knit black slacks from w/mart yesterday

> afternoon and also a dozen pink roses with baby breath. I just

cried

> when I got them. That's how thoughtful and considerate she is all

the

> time. I wrote her a check for the slacks and snuck in a few extra

> bucks for everything she continually does for Mom. She was between

> gigs too so I gave her some fresh baked meatloaf I had just made.

It

> is amazing how little she can eat at one time. Like 3 tablespoons

and

> she is full.

>

> I don't think it is right that the Dr. tried to get the money I

don't

> have but I know too that he is a great surgeon, and he will do all

he

> can for me. So I thanked the Director for her service to me too.

>

> End of the line for now. 'persistant fighter'.

> See, that is a good name for me. Never give up!!!

>

> I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

> MARY LOU

> IPF - 02

>

dittos

ken

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2008 6:28:21 AMSubject: Re: NICKNAME for me

However I fear that if I printed them here I may get banned for using obscene language

Love Ze xx> > From: Lou mlpretired@. ..> Subject: NICKNAME for me> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 4:06 PM> > > > > > > I decided last 2 days trying to think of something that would match PF > initials, so I thought "Persistant Fighter" is my new nickname. When > anyone asks me what's wrong with me I will just say; Persistant

Fighter.> How does that sound to you guys.> > You haven't heard much from me yesterday or today. A lot of > complications arose yesterday afternoon at the eye surgeon's office, > THE VA. EYE INSTITUTE, nevertheless, yeah right!!!! It is all > straightened out now so that's what counts. They really put the screws > to me knowing of my PF progressive terminal disease by telling me I > have to have a check in their office on the Surgery Director's desk no > later than 3 days prior to the surgery or 'no go'. She explained why. > The amount would be $1100.00. Earl and I almost fainted. What's > this???????? ?> > He had planned to perform the 'TORIC PREMIUM' surgical implant to > correct my stigmatism so I would never have to wear glasses. Well, > come to find out the $500. was for the surgeon, $600. for the > Institute. Bulla crappa,..... ...... no

less. As U say, NOT ME!!!> > Well, yesterday morning I called the Surgical Director and talked with > her AFTER I HAD TALKED WITH EARL'S INSURANCE COMPANY UNITED HEALTH, > Optimum Choice. The INS> com. said I don't need to pay a thing because > I went from the Toric Premium surgery to the Standard lens operation. > That would cost me nothing. I told the Surgical Director that I had > decided not to have the toric premium surgery, I could never afford > that in a million years with my present PF condition that would be > crazy. Director told me the Standard Lens would also help to correct > the stigmatism pretty good. So I agreed. Today I should get a letter > from her and a change of procedures under the knife.> > Director yesterday went into Dr. Sakowski's office to tell him of my > change in procedures and he knew I couldn't afford it then, so he told

> her my stigmatism was pretty bad, so TOLD HER HE WOULDN'T CHARGE ME FOR > THAT. YYYYYAYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYAYAYAY AYAYYAYAYYAAAAAA AAAA! So life > is good, God is Good and I am Good. heeeee Earl is good too. > > brought me my new knit black slacks from w/mart yesterday > afternoon and also a dozen pink roses with baby breath. I just cried > when I got them. That's how thoughtful and considerate she is all the > time. I wrote her a check for the slacks and snuck in a few extra > bucks for everything she continually does for Mom. She was between > gigs too so I gave her some fresh baked meatloaf I had just made. It > is amazing how little she can eat at one time. Like 3 tablespoons and > she is full.> > I don't think it is right that the Dr. tried to get the money I don't > have but I know too that he is a great surgeon, and he will do all he

> can for me. So I thanked the Director for her service to me too.> > End of the line for now. 'persistant fighter'.> See, that is a good name for me. Never give up!!!> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> MARY LOU> IPF - 02>

dittos

ken

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2008 6:28:21 AMSubject: Re: NICKNAME for me

Love Ze xx> > From: Lou mlpretired@. ..> Subject: NICKNAME for me> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 4:06 PM> > > > > > > I decided last 2 days trying to think of something that would match PF > initials, so I thought "Persistant Fighter" is my new nickname. When > anyone asks me what's wrong with me I will just say; Persistant

Fighter.> How does that sound to you guys.> > You haven't heard much from me yesterday or today. A lot of > complications arose yesterday afternoon at the eye surgeon's office, > THE VA. EYE INSTITUTE, nevertheless, yeah right!!!! It is all > straightened out now so that's what counts. They really put the screws > to me knowing of my PF progressive terminal disease by telling me I > have to have a check in their office on the Surgery Director's desk no > later than 3 days prior to the surgery or 'no go'. She explained why. > The amount would be $1100.00. Earl and I almost fainted. What's > this???????? ?> > He had planned to perform the 'TORIC PREMIUM' surgical implant to > correct my stigmatism so I would never have to wear glasses. Well, > come to find out the $500. was for the surgeon, $600. for the > Institute. Bulla crappa,..... ...... no

less. As U say, NOT ME!!!> > Well, yesterday morning I called the Surgical Director and talked with > her AFTER I HAD TALKED WITH EARL'S INSURANCE COMPANY UNITED HEALTH, > Optimum Choice. The INS> com. said I don't need to pay a thing because > I went from the Toric Premium surgery to the Standard lens operation. > That would cost me nothing. I told the Surgical Director that I had > decided not to have the toric premium surgery, I could never afford > that in a million years with my present PF condition that would be > crazy. Director told me the Standard Lens would also help to correct > the stigmatism pretty good. So I agreed. Today I should get a letter > from her and a change of procedures under the knife.> > Director yesterday went into Dr. Sakowski's office to tell him of my > change in procedures and he knew I couldn't afford it then, so he told

> her my stigmatism was pretty bad, so TOLD HER HE WOULDN'T CHARGE ME FOR > THAT. YYYYYAYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYAYAYAY AYAYYAYAYYAAAAAA AAAA! So life > is good, God is Good and I am Good. heeeee Earl is good too. > > brought me my new knit black slacks from w/mart yesterday > afternoon and also a dozen pink roses with baby breath. I just cried > when I got them. That's how thoughtful and considerate she is all the > time. I wrote her a check for the slacks and snuck in a few extra > bucks for everything she continually does for Mom. She was between > gigs too so I gave her some fresh baked meatloaf I had just made. It > is amazing how little she can eat at one time. Like 3 tablespoons and > she is full.> > I don't think it is right that the Dr. tried to get the money I don't > have but I know too that he is a great surgeon, and he will do all he

> can for me. So I thanked the Director for her service to me too.> > End of the line for now. 'persistant fighter'.> See, that is a good name for me. Never give up!!!> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> MARY LOU> IPF - 02>