RemedySpot.com

RE: Questions for Vaginal Dilators for PT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

,Perhaps you should speak with your PT about specific instructions in your case beforeproceeding, but. . .my understanding is that, to start, the smallest should be inserted gently while you'relying down comfortably and that once in, you shouldn't move it at all. Just relax andoccupy yourself with something else, like reading for 20 minutes or so. . .I'm sure that others who have worked with a PT and dilators can give you more/better tips. I did my own DYI form of dilator therapy long before i heard of it beinga PT strategy before i engaged in intercourse for the first time in years --and it worked very well for me. As for lubrication, my suggestion is to use coconut oil or whatever you know issomething your skin is ok with. Washing the dildos well in hot soapy water, rinsingwell and patting dry should clean them just fine.HollisToday, I received four vaginal dilators ranging from small to large from www.vaginismus. com and I'm curious to know if any of you ladies have had any success using them? My PT Dr.Fraser recommended me using them because my pelvic floor muscles are VERY tight, more so on the left side than the right side....does anyone know why that may be? I plan on using the dilators tonight for the first time and I must say I'm a bit nervous. What is the proper way to use them, should I insert it halfway, then take it out and keep repeating that for a few times? Should I put lubricant on the tip and what should I use to clean it off with after I use it? My skin is very sensitive to anything and everything like most of you. I would appreciate any helpful advice or suggestions. I hope you all have a pain free days and nights and remember you are not alone! ** Stay Positive & Open-Minded

I use those exact dilators but under guidance from my pelvic floor PT.

She says, a few times a week, get comfy on your bed or couch, lube up

the dilators with whatever you use (I use emu oil) and insert one as

far as it is comfortable. Then just let it sit there and stretch a bit,

for maybe 5-10 minutes...then if you are up for it you can try very

slowly and gently stretching with it, downward and a bit to each side.

I am able to do all the dilators now! SO it can help, but I think best

in conjunction with PT.

Melinda