RemedySpot.com

Re: Steroid Pulse Therapy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks you for your kind thoughts, Peggy. I was in the hospital but they let me out in the afternoon so it wasn't too bad. It is a new hospital with all private rooms so I was very comfortable. I do read every post but find I have very little energy. I save most of it for completing errands and such. I am on 10 lpm of O2 so it is a bit more difficult to get around. I hope you and your family are well. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 1:34:10 PMSubject: Re: Steroid Pulse TherapyHi Diane, Good to see you on the board. I am sorry you have been through such a hard time. Were you in the BIG HOUSE for three days while getting the steroids ? I just hate them. I would give anything if they would help IPF

But with this disease we have come up on the short end of the stick.

I hope you are feeling better. The cough is just horrible. I have it off and on. If my 02 is a little low, I'm coughing.

Take Care of you, God Bless

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

Some of you may remember that I had mentioned that my Pulmo wanted me to do a steroid pulse therapy when I began to deteriorate. I had the treatment last week but unfortunately there was no benefit. I had my PFT's last Thursday (a lot of deterioration in numbers) and went into the hospital Friday morning. I was given 1 gram of solumedrol intravenously daily for 3 days. While on the steroids, My cough did ease up some but it is back same as before now. For anyone who derives some benefit from the steroids, this may be something you want to try and may find beneficial. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Oh my goodness, I am sorry to hear your on 10. I am sitting here on 8 right now because I am in the middle of changing me bed. I am supposed to use a re-breather pendant but it is just so heavy and the nose tubes are justawful. So I just have lots of noise going up my nose.  I tell my husband to load the cannon because we are a rolling bomb we have so many tanks in the trunk when we go off. Take care of you, I'm praying for you. We have so many right now changing L flow.. I just don't know anymore..But I do know God is in control. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Thanks you for your kind thoughts, Peggy.  I was in the hospital but they let me out in the afternoon so it wasn't too bad.  It is a new hospital with all private rooms so I was very comfortable.  I do read every post but find I have very little energy.  I save most of it for completing errands and such.  I am on 10 lpm of O2 so it is a bit more difficult to get around.  I hope you and your family are well. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, CanadaFrom: Peggy To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 1:34:10 PMSubject: Re: Steroid Pulse TherapyHi Diane, Good to see you on the board. I am sorry you have been through such a hard time. Were you in the BIG HOUSE for three days while getting the steroids ? I just hate them. I would give anything if they would help IPFBut with this disease we have come up on the short end of the stick. I hope you are feeling better. The cough is just horrible. I have it off and on. If my 02 is a little low, I'm coughing.Take Care of you, God BlessLove & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." <1.2242089914>Some of you may remember that I had mentioned that my Pulmo wanted me to do a steroid pulse therapy when I began to deteriorate.  I had the treatment last week but unfortunately there was no benefit.  I had my PFT's last Thursday (a lot of deterioration in numbers) and went into the hospital Friday morning. I was given 1 gram of solumedrol intravenously daily for 3 days.  While on the steroids, My cough did ease up some but it is back same as before now.  For anyone who derives some benefit from the steroids, this may be something you want to try and may find beneficial. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, CanadaBe smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! MailYahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!