way I read it.

>

>

> Vicky is in the hospital again. This time with dehydration. When I

> spoke with her last evening Drs were discussing putting her on

> massive input of fluids. However the outcome of that could throw her

> into congestive heart failure. I guess that in itself would not take

> her life but when she asked the Dr if she will survive CHF...will she

> be alive in a week... he replied " I don't know " ....

> She will give her brother my phone number so he can call in

> any event that she is unable...

>

> And I think I have troubles.

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

Peggy

No, Sher didn't mean she has troubles. She meant " and I think I have

troubles " as in compared to Vicky hers seem minor. Or at least thats the

way I read it.

>

>

> Vicky is in the hospital again. This time with dehydration. When I

> spoke with her last evening Drs were discussing putting her on

> massive input of fluids. However the outcome of that could throw her

> into congestive heart failure. I guess that in itself would not take

> her life but when she asked the Dr if she will survive CHF...will she

> be alive in a week... he replied " I don't know " ....

> She will give her brother my phone number so he can call in

> any event that she is unable...

>

> And I think I have troubles.

> Nasturtiums

>

Oh Ok scared me stupid.. GOOD .thanks Bruce.  Joyces memorial service was today. Leanne called and said it was beautiful. I am so happy it was because I feel out Queen deserved it. I have been on the porch almost all day. Think you need some of this cool fresh air.. lol  come on over. Always room for one more. BUT you have to let me know what foods you don't like.. lol  Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  PeggyNo, Sher didn't mean she has troubles. She meant "and I think I havetroubles" as in compared to Vicky hers seem minor. Or at least thats theway I read it.>>> Vicky is in the hospital again. This time with dehydration. When I> spoke with her last evening Drs were discussing putting her on> massive input of fluids. However the outcome of that could throw her> into congestive heart failure. I guess that in itself would not take> her life but when she asked the Dr if she will survive CHF...will she> be alive in a week... he replied "I don't know"....> She will give her brother my phone number so he can call in> any event that she is unable...>> And I think I have troubles.> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.> Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Sher,

Thanks for updating us on Vicky's situation. She's in my prayers every day. She's another of the courageous people I admire so much on this board!!

CHF (congestive heart failure) is one of the risks of treating dehydration in a patient with end stage lung disease. The CHF can indeed end your life, it ended my Grandfather's life and two years ago it nearly ended mine. Before my fibrosis was diagnosed, my heart was having to work so hard to get enough oxygen around my body that it nearly wore out. Had I not been hospitalized when I was, I'd likely have died. The cause of my death would have been congestive heart failure as a complication of pulmonary fibrosis.

Beth-Moderator

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

Message from Vicky

Vicky is in the hospital again. This time with dehydration. When I spoke with her last evening Drs were discussing putting her on massive input of fluids. However the outcome of that could throw her into congestive heart failure. I guess that in itself would not take her life but when she asked the Dr if she will survive CHF...will she be alive in a week... he replied "I don't know"....

She will give her brother my phone number so he can call in any event that she is unable...

And I think I have troubles.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Right Bruce/Peggy...my meaning is no matter how badly I feel it's not as rough as what she is going through.

I'll call her in a couple of days for an update.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Message from Vicky

PeggyNo, Sher didn't mean she has troubles. She meant "and I think I havetroubles" as in compared to Vicky hers seem minor. Or at least thats theway I read it.>>> Vicky is in the hospital again. This time with dehydration. When I> spoke with her last evening Drs were discussing putting her on> massive input of fluids. However the outcome of that could throw her> into congestive heart failure. I guess that in itself would not take> her life but when she asked the Dr if she will survive CHF...will she> be alive in a week... he replied "I don't know"....> She will give her brother my phone number so he can call in> any event that she is unable...>> And I think I have troubles.> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.> Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Right Bruce/Peggy...my meaning is no matter how badly I feel it's not as rough as what she is going through.

I'll call her in a couple of days for an update.

PeggyNo, Sher didn't mean she has troubles. She meant "and I think I havetroubles" as in compared to Vicky hers seem minor. Or at least thats theway I read it.>>> Vicky is in the hospital again. This time with dehydration. When I> spoke with her last evening Drs were discussing putting her on> massive input of fluids. However the outcome of that could throw her> into congestive heart failure. I guess that in itself would not take> her life but when she asked the Dr if she will survive CHF...will she> be alive in a week... he replied "I don't know"....> She will give her brother my phone number so he can call in> any event that she is unable...>> And I think I have troubles.> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.> Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

MB... yes, I understand CHF as you have written..

Vicky says she is not in any pain. Of course she is on pretty heavy pain meds and they apparently are helping.

I'll call her in a couple of days........

Message from Vicky

Vicky is in the hospital again. This time with dehydration. When I spoke with her last evening Drs were discussing putting her on massive input of fluids. However the outcome of that could throw her into congestive heart failure. I guess that in itself would not take her life but when she asked the Dr if she will survive CHF...will she be alive in a week... he replied "I don't know"....

She will give her brother my phone number so he can call in any event that she is unable...

Sher,

Thank God they are able to control her pain and keep her comfortable. That's one of my biggest fears about the end stages of almost any disease....not having good pain control.

I know you have pain issues. Haven't they adjusted your meds recently? Is your pain under better control? I can only imagine how it must wear on you. You are in my prayers too!

Beth-Moderator

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 06/08

Message from Vicky

MB ... oh yes, my pain meds are adjusted regularly. I have either side effect or allergy to just about all of it! No, it IS all of it.

I go to the pain clinic in about 10 days and if I had anything else to try I would. The pain patch plagues me with side effects but I live with them or have pain. Last time I was in I was told everything has been tried. So now I'm trying to think of a pain med that gave the LEAST side effects but they are all the same.

Thanks for prayers, I too can use them.

Message from Vicky

Sher

Thanks for the update and make sure she knows we're there with her.

Sleeping sounds good. At least peaceful. And, thats what I wish for her

right now, peace and comfort.

>

> Gene called this morning to tell me...us...that Vicky is home from

hospital but sleeping. She had severe dehydration from strong water

pills and then CHF. Apparently all is stable now...

>

> Nasturtiums

>

Bruce ... oh yes, I always make sure she knows the board cares and I give her the names of those who reply specifically about her, such as yourself.

I know she misses her computer. She must feel absolutely cut off from the world.

Ahhh, yes, peace and comfort for us all.

I'm starting a new crocheting project today. I'm amazed at how long I've been crocheting and for how many hours a day!

And I'm enjoying it.

BTW, I'm going to talk to the pain clinic on Friday about getting off all pain meds! I can't tolerate the side effects/allergies any longer so not much other option.

Of course I will decrease slowly and see how it goes.

Staying on meds that I have allergies to seems like a dumb decision. But I'm told it's my only option, to tolerate it or stop.

This is rhetorical...why do they print the side effects/allergies/warnings and yet Dr says "try to tolerate". Weird.

SherThanks for the update and make sure she knows we're there with her.Sleeping sounds good. At least peaceful. And, thats what I wish for herright now, peace and comfort.>> Gene called this morning to tell me...us...that Vicky is home fromhospital but sleeping. She had severe dehydration from strong waterpills and then CHF. Apparently all is stable now...>> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.> Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Thanks a bundle for keeping us posted on Vicky, Sher....

Lady V....glad to hear that you got home safe n' sound...CRIKEY you sound like my garden ...one minute the plants are over-watered & the next time I look out they're PARCHED & SCREAMING for mercy....we Humans are VERY watery folk & keeping the levels right gets so darned complicated when we're sick!

Stay peaceful lovely lady...you're tucked safely in the universe!

love,

in Oz>> Gene called this morning to tell me...us...that Vicky is home from hospital but sleeping. She had severe dehydration from strong water pills and then CHF. Apparently all is stable now...> > MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>