RemedySpot.com

Re: Vitamins, heard from Dr. on tv yesterday.....................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Lou,

When did you see this doctor on Fox News? I watch Fox News off & on alll day long but I wasn't home today because I had a doc appt. In Chattanooga for a re-check.

I started taking vitamins in the hospital, prescribed by pulmonary doctor. which s he prescribed when I had had a set-back. I am still taking those vitamins today. She prescribed: Zinc, Multi-Vitamin, Vitamin C In addition to those, I am taking Vitamin D, Flaxseed Oil (good for constipation) along with NAC for IPF. I know that our immune systems are compromised because of our lung disease. I am taking these supplements to help my immune system along with a healthy diet. IN the past 3 weeks I am trying to eliminate carb and I feel better when I do. I know I am allergic to wheat so I try to be careful if I do eat it. The only food allergy that really bothers me is pepper because it affects my breathing. I must say that II don't take calcium because my mother & grandmother had trouble with having too much calcium in their bodies. My blood tests indicates that my calcium level is normal.

ML, when are you having your cataract surgery?

Love & Toodles

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>> Don't know the woman Doctor's name, but she was being interviewed on > Fox News about the use of supplemental vitamins along with a > perfectly healthy diet.> > She stated that no one should use multi-vitamins at all. They don't > do any good and are very expensive. Vitamin D is the only one that > is beneficial or good at all and you don't even need that.> > If you want B12, get a shot. I was really surprised at her > statements as even the Vitamin C or any of them do not do your body > any good. I have a supply of several different multivitamins above > my sink right near the coffee cans (hear that Peggy???), but I keep > the vitamins there to keep the coffee healthy. Does that make > sense? It does to me therefore, I was raised on vitamins and always > gave them to my children, but I don't take them any more. I eat > healthy anyhow. If Earl and I were graded on our diets (daily) with > vegetables, we would both be 2 rabbits, and you know how they > multiply.> > > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> MARY LOU - PERSISTENT FIGHTER> IPF - 02>

HI JANE:

Yesterday or day before I saw it I think. OD????? Anyhow, I can't

take fish oil or even the tablets, I break out in a rashs all over,

or zinc or niacin either. I just take what I need at this point to

survive, my regular meds I need and oxygen and prednisone. The

weight is very upsetting to me with the prednisone, it is vicious

with loving your body, right? bummer. The weight really tires me

out when I walk. I wish there were some way I could lose 50 lbs. I

eat like a rabbit now with Earl. " chomp....chomp "

MY cataract surgery is 23rd of this month, Jane, should only take

about 15 min. UNBELIEVABLE, I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can they

do that in 15 minutes Jane????????? HEEEE Can't wait, my Dear. Then

on Christmas Eve morning, 24th I have to go back to surg. to have him

check the eye. Then out to 's for a wonderful Christmas eve

gathering of her husband's family. HAM. YUMMO I am making a sugar

free pumpkin pie, (no crust). it is fab, my dear, fab. indeed!!!!

I LOVE YOOOOOUUUU THIS DAY TOO

THE PERSISTENT FIGHTER

MARY LOU IPF 02

> >

> > Don't know the woman Doctor's name, but she was being interviewed

on

> > Fox News about the use of supplemental vitamins along with a

> > perfectly healthy diet.

> >

> > She stated that no one should use multi-vitamins at all. They

don't

> > do any good and are very expensive. Vitamin D is the only one that

> > is beneficial or good at all and you don't even need that.

> >

> > If you want B12, get a shot. I was really surprised at her

> > statements as even the Vitamin C or any of them do not do your

body

> > any good. I have a supply of several different multivitamins above

> > my sink right near the coffee cans (hear that Peggy???), but I

keep

> > the vitamins there to keep the coffee healthy. Does that make

> > sense? It does to me therefore, I was raised on vitamins and

always

> > gave them to my children, but I don't take them any more. I eat

> > healthy anyhow. If Earl and I were graded on our diets (daily)

with

> > vegetables, we would both be 2 rabbits, and you know how they

> > multiply.

> >

> >

> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

> > MARY LOU - PERSISTENT FIGHTER

> > IPF - 02

> >

>

According to many Medical Researchers, Vitamin Supplements make the most expensive pee in the world.... the problem is with UPTAKE....generally they just go straight through our systems & come out as waste product! Spend what you'll save buying vitamin supplements on good, nutritious FOOD!

GOOD FOOD is the only smart way to take Vitamins! Follow the DAILY 5 veges of different colours, 2 Fruits, lots of Fibre, Moderate Protein, Complex, Low GI Carbs & very little Fat & you'll be fine m' friends! STOP eating processed food as much as possible... buy & cook your own REAL food!

WE ARE WHAT WE EAT!

GIO

>> Don't know the woman Doctor's name, but she was being interviewed on > Fox News about the use of supplemental vitamins along with a > perfectly healthy diet.> > She stated that no one should use multi-vitamins at all. They don't > do any good and are very expensive. Vitamin D is the only one that > is beneficial or good at all and you don't even need that.> > If you want B12, get a shot. I was really surprised at her > statements as even the Vitamin C or any of them do not do your body > any good. I have a supply of several different multivitamins above > my sink right near the coffee cans (hear that Peggy???), but I keep > the vitamins there to keep the coffee healthy. Does that make > sense? It does to me therefore, I was raised on vitamins and always > gave them to my children, but I don't take them any more. I eat > healthy anyhow. If Earl and I were graded on our diets (daily) with > vegetables, we would both be 2 rabbits, and you know how they > multiply.> > > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> MARY LOU - PERSISTENT FIGHTER> IPF - 02>

GIO

Then I'm Prime Rib....lol

> >

> > Don't know the woman Doctor's name, but she was being interviewed on

> > Fox News about the use of supplemental vitamins along with a

> > perfectly healthy diet.

> >

> > She stated that no one should use multi-vitamins at all. They don't

> > do any good and are very expensive. Vitamin D is the only one that

> > is beneficial or good at all and you don't even need that.

> >

> > If you want B12, get a shot. I was really surprised at her

> > statements as even the Vitamin C or any of them do not do your body

> > any good. I have a supply of several different multivitamins above

> > my sink right near the coffee cans (hear that Peggy???), but I keep

> > the vitamins there to keep the coffee healthy. Does that make

> > sense? It does to me therefore, I was raised on vitamins and always

> > gave them to my children, but I don't take them any more. I eat

> > healthy anyhow. If Earl and I were graded on our diets (daily) with

> > vegetables, we would both be 2 rabbits, and you know how they

> > multiply.

> >

> >

> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY

> > MARY LOU - PERSISTENT FIGHTER

> > IPF - 02

> >

>

Well I WAS a Lindt Choocie but NOW I'm a Tutti Fruitti!

SGIO> > >> > > Don't know the woman Doctor's name, but she was being interviewed on> > > Fox News about the use of supplemental vitamins along with a> > > perfectly healthy diet.> > >> > > She stated that no one should use multi-vitamins at all. They don't> > > do any good and are very expensive. Vitamin D is the only one that> > > is beneficial or good at all and you don't even need that.> > >> > > If you want B12, get a shot. I was really surprised at her> > > statements as even the Vitamin C or any of them do not do your body> > > any good. I have a supply of several different multivitamins above> > > my sink right near the coffee cans (hear that Peggy???), but I keep> > > the vitamins there to keep the coffee healthy. Does that make> > > sense? It does to me therefore, I was raised on vitamins and always> > > gave them to my children, but I don't take them any more. I eat> > > healthy anyhow. If Earl and I were graded on our diets (daily) with> > > vegetables, we would both be 2 rabbits, and you know how they> > > multiply.> > >> > >> > > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> > > MARY LOU - PERSISTENT FIGHTER> > > IPF - 02> > >> >>