RemedySpot.com

Re: From Mama Sher>Caro>Pink J

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Caro and hi PinkJ!...babysitting is a thing we just don't do (well, can't do) anymore. Especially the little ones, which are the great-grand kids. 4 and 1. In this small apt. there is simply no place for them to go and we are not 'kid proof' here. Can't be.

So now I go to THEM and visit at their home.

I don't remember your age Caro but yes, go for that disability. I wouldn't think you would have any trouble. Don't put it off, if you have decided, the sooner filed the soon a check comes! Others who have been through this process can be more help...I think Beth first of all...I'm already on S/S so I can't file.

PINKJ.... Feels good to get out I know. We had a little window we took advantage of to go to our daughter's home but we came home right after breakfast 'cause of more snow but it still felt good to get out!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

Hi All...well our Christmas visit w/kids was short and sweet but we are home already. Stayed overnight last night and today about noon the snow started down in buckets so we shoved our stuff in the car and headed home...just in case.

I don't know the reason but these two recent holidays seem particularly special. T-day was so nice and we had such a nice morning with the kids/grandkids today.

I seem to be aware of family more than a few months ago.

Lysa fixed a wonderful breakfast of Quiche, bacon, sausage, hash browns and fresh cut pears. So good! They always have a "Jesus Cake" so Lysa read a short story about Jesus' birth and we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and enjoyed a piece of cake.

I hope all of you had a day as filled with love and goodies as we had.

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

When i applied for Social Security Disability, the check came for the previous 5 or 6 months that I had stopped working.

The one problem with disability is the two year wait to go on Medicare. I had to pay for my own medical insurance. That was very very very expensive. Had to go into my savings every month for routine expenses.

I did write to some Congresspeople about passing a law to waive the 2 year wait, but nothing happened. Now that i'm past that, it will probably become a law. lol

Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Donate Life

From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>Subject: From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

Hi All...well our Christmas visit w/kids was short and sweet but we are home already. Stayed overnight last night and today about noon the snow started down in buckets so we shoved our stuff in the car and headed home...just in case.

I don't know the reason but these two recent holidays seem particularly special. T-day was so nice and we had such a nice morning with the kids/grandkids today.

Lysa fixed a wonderful breakfast of Quiche, bacon, sausage, hash browns and fresh cut pears. So good! They always have a "Jesus Cake" so Lysa read a short story about Jesus' birth and we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and enjoyed a piece of cake.

When i applied for Social Security Disability, the check came for the previous 5 or 6 months that I had stopped working.

The one problem with disability is the two year wait to go on Medicare. I had to pay for my own medical insurance. That was very very very expensive. Had to go into my savings every month for routine expenses.

I did write to some Congresspeople about passing a law to waive the 2 year wait, but nothing happened. Now that i'm past that, it will probably become a law. lol

Donate Life

From: Sher Bauman <bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>Subject: From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

Donate Life

PinkJ... nothing comes easily to us it seems. I remain puzzled by that.

I know the feeling of going into savings. We've had to draw from them for Rx since I've been in the donut hole for about 3 months. I can hardly wait for Jan. so I can start over.

From Mama SherTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 4:55 PM

Sher

I know.....I go back in the doughnut hole in May though. So only four

months not in it. So basically paying twelve months of premiums to cover

four months and to cover possiblity of needing the catastrophic

coverage. My prescription costs including premium will be over $5000

next year. Although I may reduce that some by getting some meds from or

through Canada when I hit the doughnut hole. Problem is determining in

advance what to do based on guessin what meds could be added during the

year. For instance, because I'm going into and out of the doughnut hole,

even if Revatio at $900+ per month only would add $800 to my annual

costs. Now, buying meds offshore doesn't count toward getting your out

of the doughtnut hole.

>

>

> From: Sher Bauman bofus (AT) wbcable (DOT) net>

> Subject: From Mama

Sher

> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008,

4:55 PM

>

>

> Hi All...well our Christmas visit

w/kids was short and sweet but we are home already. Stayed overnight

last night and today about noon the snow started down in buckets so we

shoved our stuff in the car and headed home...just in case.

> I don't know the reason but these two

recent holidays seem particularly special. T-day was so nice and we had

such a nice morning with the kids/grandkids today.

> I seem to be aware of family more than

a few months ago.

> Lysa fixed a wonderful breakfast of

Quiche, bacon, sausage, hash browns and fresh cut pears. So good! They

always have a " Jesus Cake " so Lysa read a short story about Jesus' birth

and we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and enjoyed a piece of cake.

> I hope all of you had a day as filled

with love and goodies as we had.

> MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is

already there!

>