RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: transplant eval

Rate this topic

Guest guest

never had a gastric emptying test--if i need one, i'll have to psyche myself up for itPink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: transplant evalTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, October 19, 2008, 9:09 PM

Pink,Brigham and Women's used to do the eval over a period of several weeks, then a new director took over and put the new thing in place. This was the final piece, I had been in twice before for initial evals...primarily to see if I should proceed to the final eval.The cardiac cath was the scariest going into it, but as it turned out It wasn't that bad, as you said. I was awake the whole time and never felt a thing. It only took 35 minutes and everything was good. The 3 hours afterward wasn't too bad...the recovery area had individual rooms with flat screen tv's and on demand cable! For me the worst was laying flat on my back for 90 minutes during the gastric emptying test. The table was very narrow, and very hard...I got lower back pains, then pain between my shoulders... the last 20 minutes seemed to take forever!!!!Steve aka...Knip Dx 9/07 confirmed via VATS 12/0756

NH>> Steve> My transplant evaluation was 3 days as an outpatient. Fortunately my daughter lived in downtown Philly at the time, so I stayed with her. It was about a 5-10 minute drive to the hospital. > The scariest part for me was the cardiac cath--but it wasn't that bad and the results were good. However, I did not like lying on my back for about 3 hours afterward--I was unprepared for that. > > It's interesting how some hospitals do it as a 3 day outpatient eval, some do it as a 2 day inpatient eval and others might do it once a week forever.....> > Pink Joyce IPF 3/06 Pennsylvania > > ____________ _________ _________ _________

_________ __>