RemedySpot.com

RTC's in FL

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello,

I am writing because my son (we are in lee county) was just given "residential" school as his IEP team placement, on the IEP. Has anyone ever used a residential school as placement for their child? my son is HFA or more like pdd nos with psychiatric too (tourettes, mood disorder). I know there are some psych hospitals around but they do not function as residential schools (with the school district funding it). Anyone know of any? Thank you!

Clara

Guest guest

Never heard of that? Let's us all know once you get more information! Good luckSent from my iPhone

Hello,

I am writing because my son (we are in lee county) was just given "residential" school as his IEP team placement, on the IEP. Has anyone ever used a residential school as placement for their child? my son is HFA or more like pdd nos with psychiatric too (tourettes, mood disorder). I know there are some psych hospitals around but they do not function as residential schools (with the school district funding it). Anyone know of any? Thank you!

Clara

=

Guest guest

Never heard of that? Let's us all know once you get more information! Good luckSent from my iPhone

Hello,

Clara

=

Guest guest

There are a number of excellent residential schools throughout the US. If you go to www.napsec.org you can cross reference them by state, disability served, cost, etc. If the team is recommending residential, they should be paying 100% of the placement cost. While the state does not like to admit it, there are several Florida students receiving residential education throughout the country. There are also some pretty good residential programs in Florida, as well. "residential school" needs to be better defined by the district, however. Are they talking education, therapy, 10 or 12 month, etc?

Re: RTC's in FL

Never heard of that? Let's us all know once you get more information! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone

Hello,

Clara

=

Guest guest

Call your area office and ask them what is meant by this

From: autisticangels@...To: sList Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:11:47 PMSubject: Re: RTC's in FL

Hello,

Clara

=

Guest guest

Call your area office and ask them what is meant by this

From: autisticangels@...To: sList Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:11:47 PMSubject: Re: RTC's in FL

Hello,

Clara

=

Guest guest

Can you elaborate on the good residential programs in Florida?Sent from my iPhone

There are a number of excellent residential schools throughout the US. If you go to www.napsec.org you can cross reference them by state, disability served, cost, etc. If the team is recommending residential, they should be paying 100% of the placement cost. While the state does not like to admit it, there are several Florida students receiving residential education throughout the country. There are also some pretty good residential programs in Florida, as well. "residential school" needs to be better defined by the district, however. Are they talking education, therapy, 10 or 12 month, etc?

Re: RTC's in FL

Never heard of that? Let's us all know once you get more information! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone

Hello,

Clara

=

=