RemedySpot.com

Re: oxygen equipment: helios and little green tanks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peggy ... "a trunk full" of O2??? Gee whiz, I was told never to put O2 in the trunk.... I guess because of a possible rear end collision...?

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: oxygen equipment: helios and little green tanks

Hi Pink, don't these companies make you want to scream.. My co actually told me the same thing. then one day talking to a lady about supplies I needed she said "If we get a script from your Dr. we have to fill it."

So they brought me m6, E tanks and liquid at one time but I didn't really like the liquid.�

I use E tanks. they last me a little over an hour so we always take a trunk full when we go out.

Talk to your Dr. would be my advise.�

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�

when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�

Hi Group

the following note is what I sent to the nurse at my pulmonary doc's office.� I hope the note is self explanatory.�

I am wondering if anyone else has a similar situation.� If so, what has your experience been?

I look forward to your answers.� Thanks.

�

Pink Joyce�

�

Hi Jen

This is about oxygen equipment.� I have a Helios and a liquid O2 tank.� I also have a concentrator to use in the house.�

�

In addition, I have those little green tanks, I think they are M6's.� I use them to hold me over when the Helios freezes and when I am going to be out of the house for a long period of time and the Helios runs out.�

�

For example, last Saturday I went to the ball game.� After the Helios ran out, I used 2 or 3 green tanks until I got home.�

�

When using O2, I use 2 liters at rest and 4 liters when active, i.e.:� walking the dog, exercise, walking anyplace.�

�

I just called the O2 company, Lincare, and requested the little green tanks to hold me over for the weekend.� Elaine said that the insurance will only cover either the liquid O2 or the green tanks, not both.� Then she said that I would have to pay $10 per green tank if I want both.�

�

So I called Blue Cross, they said that I need prior authorization from my doctor to cover something that is a medical necessity.� So I called, got a busy signal and will try again.�

�

To summarize, the Helios is only good for for 3 to 4 hours, if I am away from the house for a longer period of time, I need something to supplement the Helios.

�Pink�Joyce�IPF 3/06��Pennslvania�