RemedySpot.com

Re: Fwd: Asking for advice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wilma,

I have no personal experience with taking either of these drugs. However, methotrexate is known to cause pulmonary fibrosis. I would be extremely reluctant to treat one of my illnesses with a drug known to cause another of my illnesses. This is definitely something I'd want to discuss with my doctor before beginning this med.

Good luck with everything!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Fwd: Asking for advice

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

-----Inline Message Follows-----

Hi everyone,

I read many of your comments and although I do not respond too often (have carpel tunnel), my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in our group.

I would like some advice if possible. My doctors are recomm. remicade and methotrexate for my R.A. It will also support my lungs and allow me to wean off prednisone. Does anyone have feedback from experience in taking these drugs? or any other information to share? Naturally my greatest fear is the side effects.

Continued Blessings to all.

Wilma- IPF diagnosed 10/05- RA. 2/06

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Hi everyone,

I read many of your comments and although I do not respond too often (have carpel tunnel), my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in our group.

I would like some advice if possible. My doctors are recomm. remicade and methotrexate for my R.A. It will also support my lungs and allow me to wean off prednisone. Does anyone have feedback from experience in taking these drugs? or any other information to share? Naturally my greatest fear is the side effects.

Wilma,

I have no personal experience with taking either of these drugs. However, methotrexate is known to cause pulmonary fibrosis. I would be extremely reluctant to treat one of my illnesses with a drug known to cause another of my illnesses. This is definitely something I'd want to discuss with my doctor before beginning this med.

Beth

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

Wilma,

Beth

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

Wilma,

I agree with Beth & I do have personal experience with taking methotrexate. When I was started on MTX it was in the early 90's & i could walk up 3 flights of stairs. Now I wonder how much the methotrexate may have potentially hurt versus helping me? Will I feel the same way about Tracleer or Cytoxan in 15 yrs from now? It's a risk that I've assumed & am willing to take. We all must make difficult decisions, so just make sure that you get all the information you need from your Drs. & ask questions until you feel as comfortable as possible.

Take Care,

Age 34, Scleroderma 1992/IPF 2004(denied dx. until 2007)/PH 2007>> Wilma,> I have no personal experience with taking either of these drugs. However, methotrexate is known to cause pulmonary fibrosis. I would be extremely reluctant to treat one of my illnesses with a drug known to cause another of my illnesses. This is definitely something I'd want to discuss with my doctor before beginning this med. > Good luck with everything!> Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > Fwd: Asking for advice> > > > > > > > ________________________________> Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.> > > -----Inline Message Follows-----> > Hi everyone,> > I read many of your comments and although I do not respond too often (have carpel tunnel), my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in our group.> > I would like some advice if possible. My doctors are recomm. remicade and methotrexate for my R.A. It will also support my lungs and allow me to wean off prednisone. Does anyone have feedback from experience in taking these drugs? or any other information to share? Naturally my greatest fear is the side effects.> > Continued Blessings to all.> > Wilma- IPF diagnosed 10/05- RA. 2/06> > > > > > > > ________________________________> Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.Hi everyone,> > I read many of your comments and although I do not respond too often (have carpel tunnel), my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in our group.> > I would like some advice if possible. My doctors are recomm. remicade and methotrexate for my R.A. It will also support my lungs and allow me to wean off prednisone. Does anyone have feedback from experience in taking these drugs? or any other information to share? Naturally my greatest fear is the side effects.> > Continued Blessings to all.> > Wilma- IPF diagnosed 10/05- RA. 2/06> > > > > > > > ________________________________> Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.>