RemedySpot.com

The Florida Districts Most Likely to Seclude Or Restrain Students

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Our special needs children need protection and those abusing them need to be held accountable! Please support the children that are being put in seclusion /solitary confinement by leaving a comment.

I know you would want others to support you if this torture was happening to your child.

08/16/2012 By O'Connor

Please click on the link below to read the full article and view the restraint and seclusion numbers for 2011 and 2012 for the state of Florida. (Not all districts have turned in R & S numbers to the FLDOE)

http://stateimpact.npr.org/florida/2012/08/16/the-florida-districts-most-likely-to-seclude-or-restrain-students/

Horrifying. Sometimes I wonder what and how much was hidden from me. Evan's 6th grade para told him he was going to jail. Instead of improving his behavior, it cause anxiety and made him worse. When I asked the teacher how much training his para had, he insisted they have training, but the way he was being treated, I don't think they have enough training. I can't remember how many times he was treated like a criminal, when he just couldn't communicate. I really would like to know what happened to him behind my back. To: Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 9:38 PM Subject: The Florida Districts Most Likely to Seclude Or Restrain Students

Our special needs children need protection and those abusing them need to be held accountable! Please support the children that are being put in seclusion /solitary confinement by leaving a comment.

I know you would want others to support you if this torture was happening to your child.

08/16/2012 By O'Connor

Please click on the link below to read the full article and view the restraint and seclusion numbers for 2011 and 2012 for the state of Florida. (Not all districts have turned in R & S numbers to the FLDOE)

http://stateimpact.npr.org/florida/2012/08/16/the-florida-districts-most-likely-to-seclude-or-restrain-students/

Horrifying. Sometimes I wonder what and how much was hidden from me. Evan's 6th grade para told him he was going to jail. Instead of improving his behavior, it cause anxiety and made him worse. When I asked the teacher how much training his para had, he insisted they have training, but the way he was being treated, I don't think they have enough training. I can't remember how many times he was treated like a criminal, when he just couldn't communicate. I really would like to know what happened to him behind my back. To: Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 9:38 PM Subject: The Florida Districts Most Likely to Seclude Or Restrain Students

08/16/2012 By O'Connor