RemedySpot.com

Getting help - depression

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Talk to your doctor about depression. He/she can presribe and antidepressant that would work.

In addition, what I found helpful was keeping busy with small organizing tasks around the house, like filing

receipts, hanging pictures and doing small repairs. It gave me a sense of purpose.

Finally, I joined a liver transplant support group and met dozens of people like us, who have fully recovered with their transplants. This gave me hope.

-------------- Original message from "Bill Booth" : --------------

>How do you cope with depression when having PSC? Looking for something >to help ease the worrying of my husband. Any ideas?

The old story been there done that, but depression is really just a state of mind. For me I refused to let the disease get to me. I forced myself to keep busy and not dwell on the problems I was having. My part time job kept me active and my mind on something else. Living in a small town it was easy to find something to volunteer at, and the best time I had was to work teaching computer usage to young children at the local library. The enquiring minds kept me thinking all the time, and it took my mind off the real issues.

Being kids they did not look at you like an adult and try and work around you looking at your mild tan. Working with adults I found was not worth it as they had other issues they wanted to chat about. My advice is to keep busy and occupy the mind with something else......

Bill Booth

tx 09/06sunny Sundridge, ON