RemedySpot.com

RE: Cotton Mouth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My mom has PBC and is constantly complaining about dry mouth..Her Dr. told its because of her liver condition.Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.

Guest guest

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerostomia

It may be a sign of an underlying disease, such as Sjögren's syndrome, poorly controlled diabetes, or Eaton-Lambert syndrome, but this is not always so.

Other causes of insufficient saliva include anxiety, medications, or alcohol, trauma to the salivary glands or their ducts or nerves, dehydration, excessive mouth breathing, previous radiation therapy, and also a natural result of aging. The vast majority of elderly individuals will suffer xerostomia to some degree. Playing or exercising a long time outside on a hot day will often cause your salivary glands to simply dry up as your bodily fluids are concentrated elsewhere. Xerostomia is a common side-effect of various drugs, such as, amphetamines, cannabinoids, antihistamines and several antidepressants.

Sorry, not much help (not something I've experienced).

Arne

57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000

Alive and well in Minnesota

Recently I have noticed that I have cotton mouth all the time(dry

mouth) Is this a cause from the PSC or could there be something else

wrong...