RemedySpot.com

A couple of quick questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello everyone, This is , the lurker who does not post very much. I am so confused about my psc that I don' t have any answers to most of the questions that are posted. Here are my questions... 1. Anyone had an MRCP? I am assuming an ERCP is "better", can give more details? 2. What is considered a high dose of Actigall? 3. Is there anyone who has been diagnosed for a long time (I was diagnosed in 1995 with psc and crohns), who have been told they have been misdiagnosed or that their liver has actually gotten a lot better over a long period of time? 4. Can the Actigall reverse damage? I just has my gallbladder taken out 2 weeks, and the surgeon said while he was in there looking around, he looked at the liver which seemed a little fatty, but for the most part normal. He took a biopsy which was found

to be fatty but not indicative of psc. I had an MRCP which was normal, bile ducts were free of blockage and open. In 1995 I was told I only had tracks of the small bile ducts (main duct was ok). This biopsy was the 1st I have had since 1995. In 2002 I had an ERCP with similar results as 95. By the way these are different drs from 1995. My liver enzymes are only slightly elevated now (10 points out of normal range). I have not had any problems with my Crohn's since 1997. I am going to provide all of this information to my gastro dr, who has followed since 1997. THe surgeon also suggested that I talk to gastro about possibly getting off the actigall. Sorry for the long post, I am just confused, and happy and scared at the same time. I am 29 years old, and have thought since i was 15 that i was gonna have to have a transplant and only get worse. I feel pretty

good for the most part, with some itching and tiredness. Thanks,