Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

- to Debbi B (and Bob)! 7/5/05

From the archives of 2005:

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:21 PM

To:

Subject: New Life Begins

I am usually just a lurker in this group and do not post very often but I had to share my news.

As of July 5,2005 I began my new life. I received a call from Toronto General Hospital at 3:45 pm July 4, they had a liver for me.

I was so happy and scared I didn't know if I should jump for joy or cry. My husband had just left to take our dog for his walk so I ran outside and down the strret,around the corner and spotted them about 8 houses up. I started screaming for Bob to come back and he thought something had happened. You see when he left I was just going to try and make bread in my new bread maker, he thought maybe it malfunctioned. As he got closer I was yelling we have to go,we have to go, it's my turn.

Now just picture in your mind this crazy lady jumping up an down screaming hystericly and crying at the same time. When he got closer he says what are you saying, so as calm as I could I said they have a liver for me and we have to get to the hospital. So off we went and the rest is history.

I was discharged this past Friday and I am getting stronger every day.

The Dr.'s say my levels have come down quite a bit and their pleased with my progress. All I want now is for the fluid in my body to go away so I don't look like I have elephant legs and feet. When they swell up it's so painfull,but a small price to pay for a second chance at life.

I ask that you all say a prayer for my donor family in their time of sorrow. I owe them my life and will cherish the gift they have given me.

Debbi