RemedySpot.com

RE: EUS Procedure.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Genevieve,

My EUS and biopsy experience was basically just like having an ERCP. I was in the same room and went through the same exact routine. In fact if they hadn't told me a different name I would have just thought I had another ERCP. I didn't have any soreness from the biopsy. The only real difference was that I got more pictures after the EUS. Hope this helps.

Darcy

I feel like an ERCP is old hat at this point, but I've never had an EUS biopsy. Will I be asleep for the procedure? Is there soreness afterwards, from the biopsy? I know they will explain it to me all directly beforehand, but just wondering what to expect in the meantime.

Guest guest

Genevieve,

My EUS and biopsy experience was basically just like having an ERCP. I was in the same room and went through the same exact routine. In fact if they hadn't told me a different name I would have just thought I had another ERCP. I didn't have any soreness from the biopsy. The only real difference was that I got more pictures after the EUS. Hope this helps.

Darcy

I feel like an ERCP is old hat at this point, but I've never had an EUS biopsy. Will I be asleep for the procedure? Is there soreness afterwards, from the biopsy? I know they will explain it to me all directly beforehand, but just wondering what to expect in the meantime.

Guest guest

Genevieve,

Darcy

Guest guest

I just had one of these the other day, and it was basically the same as

an EGD or an ERCP. The main difference is I didn't have pain in my

esophagus (like after EGD with banding) and I didn't have any nausea

(like after ERCP). They did use Propofol for anesthesia instead of just

Versed and Demerol, so I was all the way out.

I may be having another one in the next few days (CT guided this time)

due to further enlargement of the lymph nodes in my abdomen (actually

retroperitoneal lymph nodes, but I had to look up what that meant...

it's sort of behind your abdomen so to speak.. in the same space as your

kidneys etc.)

So it really wasn't a big deal... one of the easier scopes I've had. I

can't guarantee that yours will be as easy, but I don't see any reason

why it should be particularly hard!

athan

Guest guest

Joohnathan -

Will be thinking about you! Hope all goes well again.

And Many Thanks for all you do as moderator.

Joanne H

(, Ca., mom of , 18, UC/PSC 2-06; JRA 98)

I may be having another one in the next few days (CT guided this time) athan

Guest guest

Joohnathan -

Joanne H

Guest guest

Joohnathan -

Joanne H

Guest guest

Genevieve,

I just had an EUS yesterday (7/2/08) the only soreness I had was in my throat after I woke up.

good kuck

Randy

Subject: EUS Procedure.To: Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 8:34 PM

Hi again folks.Long story short: after recently removing my stent during a suspected cholangitis attack, I'm quickly blocking up again. Going in next week for an endoscopic ultrasound biopsy of this particular bile duct (where I have had three stents now in the last 6 months, and the duct closes back up within weeks of taking it out every time), with an ERCP and stent placement to follow.I feel like an ERCP is old hat at this point, but I've never had an EUS biopsy. Will I be asleep for the procedure? Is there soreness afterwards, from the biopsy? I know they will explain it to me all directly beforehand, but just wondering what to expect in the meantime.A little shaken up at the moment, as the big T word was mentioned by my hep for the first time today. He said it's what I need to take care of these ducts (my left ducts are completely occluded, and I have a recurring dominant

stricture in the right side, so very little bile is draining from my liver unless I have that stent), but that my liver is fine still, so it's technically a no-no. Until such time that it's warranted, we'll probably just do continuous re-stenting, he says. What a pain.GenevieveUC 1983, J-Pouch 1999, PSC 12/07