RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Body weight question - coconut oil - banned by hepatologist

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've just been told by my hepatologist that coconut oil is like an herb, and I shouldn't take it. It really seemed ridiculous to me. He said that was his recommendation, but I don't have to follow it. However, with compliance being a serious issue, I feel I have to stop using it. I'm actually not sure that ithe coconut oil was really giving me any energy anyway. I didn't even mention the honey that I've been using. My guess is that is something I shouldn't use either. It's also unrefined and raw.BTW, I've heard that if you've had a transplant you shouldn't use a swimming pool - too much bacteria in it for people who are immuno suppressed. And I'm taking prednisone and imuran, both are immunosuppresants.Marie

To: From: cgkueter@...Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 02:23:43 +0000Subject: Re: Body weight question.

Hi ,

I am fairly lucky that I can still eat without too much difficulty. Of course, my recent uptick

in RUQ pain is putting a serious crimp in that.

One thing that I recently discovered that has helped is unrefined, virgin coconut oil. It is is

a medium chain fatty acid, so it is readily absorbed and does not require a lengthy,

laborious trip through the gut to be broken down and absorbed. from the research I've

done, elite endurance athletes have been using it as "fuel" for years. I use it on toast,

veggies, etc. to up my caloric intake. I also eat a lot of eggs. I've been buying organic eggs

and hard boiling them, or having them over easy with toast for breakfast. Lots of protein

and calorie-dense.

Hope that helps,

Colleen

> I was wondering if anyone has trouble maintaining body weight? I

> haven't spoken to anyone else with PSC before so I'm not sure if

> everyone shares the same problems caused by the illness.

>

>.

>

Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before. See how Windows® fits your life

Guest guest

Marie Nilsson wrote:

> BTW, I've heard that if you've had a transplant you shouldn't use a

> swimming pool - too much bacteria in it for people who are immuno

> suppressed.

I wasn't supposed to go swimming for a few months post transplant, but I

swim a lot now. In fact I learned to swim after my transplant! They

didn't want me to swim in lakes for the first year, and I still try to

avoid that. Of course different transplant centers recommend different

things, and some are a lot stricter with their restrictions.

athan