RemedySpot.com

Re: Back from meeting with the surgeon...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sending you good luck for your surgery on Thursday. We'll all be thinking

about you and wishing you the best results possible.

Here's another coincidence....I just received an email from Sara Hinkley at

the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation, which I never knew existed. I checked

out their website, and they have a lot of valuable information on

cholangiocarcinoma that might be of help to you. If you're interested,

their address is www.cholangiocarcinoma.org

Sending prayers your way.

Ricky

PSC 2003

Back from meeting with the surgeon...

I'm back...

It is definitely cancer, and they think it is cholangiocarcinoma. But it is

not in the ducts --

that they can tell.

Regards,

Colleen

------------------------------------

Ricky

PSC 2003

I'm back...

not in the ducts --

that they can tell.

Regards,

Colleen

Ricky

PSC 2003

I'm back...

not in the ducts --

that they can tell.

Regards,

Colleen

Colleen,

I wish you the very best in your surgery. It is so nice to have a doctor you feel comfortable with. It makes it a little better. I am surprised that the doctor recommended dairy for your liver. Do you know why? Should people with PSC be drinking milk or eating more dairy in general.

I will be thinking & praying for you on the 21st.

Lori A.

"Aggressively Pursuing Solutions To Your Real Estate Needs!"

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

I'm back...It is definitely cancer, and they think it is cholangiocarcinoma. But it is not in the ducts -- that they can tell. They are going to be operating on my on Thursday the 21st. Would you believe that there is another patient with the same condition and needing the same surgery? They scheduled him for a resection of the right lobe, and he backed out. Dr. Hertl left the surgery booked, thinking that I might take it. I guess there are no coincidences.SInce the tumor is pressing on a poral vein, and I have an enlarged lymph node just outside my liver, the big concern is if seed cancer cells have gotten into my blood stream and taken root elsewhere. He told me that I will likely loose 8-10 pounds (I weigh 120 pounds as it is) from the surgery and that I need to make eating and gaining weight my job. He told me that lots of dairy will be key in regrowing my liver. I must say that

he was a wonderfully warm and kind man. I've not met many Bavarians with good senses of humor! I feel very good about having him perform the surgery, and that my care will be excellent. The lady who did my pre-admission EKG gave me a hug today! I must say that everyone there has been super-kind and helpful.That is about all I can think of now. I will be in touch and perhaps I can set up an email blast or one of those patient care websites to keep you all updated.Regards,Colleen

Colleen,

I wish you the very best in your surgery. It is so nice to have a doctor you feel comfortable with. It makes it a little better. I am surprised that the doctor recommended dairy for your liver. Do you know why? Should people with PSC be drinking milk or eating more dairy in general.

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

I'm back...It is definitely cancer, and they think it is cholangiocarcinoma. But it is not in the ducts -- that they can tell. They are going to be operating on my on Thursday the 21st. Would you believe that there is another patient with the same condition and needing the same surgery? They scheduled him for a resection of the right lobe, and he backed out. Dr. Hertl left the surgery booked, thinking that I might take it. I guess there are no coincidences.SInce the tumor is pressing on a poral vein, and I have an enlarged lymph node just outside my liver, the big concern is if seed cancer cells have gotten into my blood stream and taken root elsewhere. He told me that I will likely loose 8-10 pounds (I weigh 120 pounds as it is) from the surgery and that I need to make eating and gaining weight my job. He told me that lots of dairy will be key in regrowing my liver. I must say that

he was a wonderfully warm and kind man. I've not met many Bavarians with good senses of humor! I feel very good about having him perform the surgery, and that my care will be excellent. The lady who did my pre-admission EKG gave me a hug today! I must say that everyone there has been super-kind and helpful.That is about all I can think of now. I will be in touch and perhaps I can set up an email blast or one of those patient care websites to keep you all updated.Regards,Colleen

Colleen,

Lori A.

First Weber Group

Cell:

1507 E. Sunset Drive

Waukesha, WI 53189

LoriUSA@...

www.Lori.FirstWeber.com

Dear Colleen,Please add my prayers to all the others you will be receiving.May the surgery go well and may you recover fully.We all care how you are doing.LeeI'm back...It is definitely cancer, and they think it is cholangiocarcinoma. But it is not in the ducts -- that they can tell. They are going to be operating on my on Thursday the 21st.

Colleen,

I hope you feel the arms of this big PSC family wrapped around you this week and

realize how much we will be pulling for you on Thursday. It is wonderful that

you have found a caring physician you feel confidant in. Our prayers and

thoughts are with you and we look forward to your updates and your recuperation.

Tarheel Tim

Colleen,

I hope you feel the arms of this big PSC family wrapped around you this week and

realize how much we will be pulling for you on Thursday. It is wonderful that

you have found a caring physician you feel confidant in. Our prayers and

thoughts are with you and we look forward to your updates and your recuperation.

Tarheel Tim

Colleen,

We are thinking of you and send you all the love and hugs we have for

Thursday and beyond! I'm happy to hear you are comfortable with the

doctor, it makes a big difference. Take care, and know we are all

thinking of you.

- Severin

Colleen,

thinking of you.

- Severin

Colleen,

thinking of you.

- Severin

Hi Colleen,

My thoughts are with you, especially on Thursday. I'm hoping it's not cholangiocarcinoma, since it's not in the ducts. I truly hope the cancer is confined to the liver area. Keep us posted as to your progress.

Marie

Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you. Find new ways to share. Get Ideas Here!

Hi Colleen,

My thoughts are with you, especially on Thursday. I'm hoping it's not cholangiocarcinoma, since it's not in the ducts. I truly hope the cancer is confined to the liver area. Keep us posted as to your progress.

Marie

Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you. Find new ways to share. Get Ideas Here!

Hi Colleen,

Marie

Hi Colleen,

Sorry I'm so late answerin,but I've been away. When I had my tx in Aug 02, the Dr told me he found a large "funky mass" on the side of my liver and when tested it contained a small, 2 to 3 cm HCC tumor inside. My tx was for PSC and no one had a clue as to the HCC, and it came out with my liver. Just want you to know that there could be many ways for this to come out. Our thoughts will be with you. Tim Long

PS your sisters backyard is awesome, your Doc was probably just jealous he wasn't on tht water.