RemedySpot.com

Update from Penny - Sept. 2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 02, 2008 04:25 PM, EST

Tuesday day 42, 6 weeksYeah we made it to six weeks! Hard to believe that six weeks has passed, it's gone both very slowly yet very fast.All of the group I was transplanted with have made the transition to ARTS, including myself, so I don't see them so much any more. The doctors decided yesterday that I can have the rest of the week off, ie I'm down to only weekly visits. This is good news, but only cuts out a few visits, I still have to go for all the other clinics (lung, endocrinology, kidney, ivig), so I will still be going to some hospital about twice a week. I guess that's better than three or four times though!

Yesterday at ARTS we also found out that my new friend is a wanna-be tennis player, as I am, so we will look into the transplant games together. He is a junior, so may not be allowed to play senior competition, but we'll see! His mother seemed keen, so that's a big plus!

Forgot to tell you, someone was asking what ARTS stands for. It's Ambulatory Renal and Transplant Something or other. Basically it's a dialysis unit, and transplant outpatients place.And for all you other smarties, I can't change the colour of my journal entries, so you'll have to settle for a new background picture. I really like the colourful guest book entries, be interesting to see how they come out in print. There is a facility for us to have the whole caringbridge site printed in book form as a memento, which we might do at a later stage.

Hope you are all well, thanks for showing an interest. recovery continues, slowly but surely.Lots of love Penny T