RemedySpot.com

Caro Under the Weather

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That's no good Caro...back pain is so Irritating as well as darned painful....hope they can get you sorted quick sticks!

On the subject of Colour prejudice...in this day 'n age I just DON'T get it! We ALL came out of Africa yonks ago...somehwere along the line over thousands of generations, we fair skinned folk MUTATED to cope with the Northern Hemisphere's lack of sunlight.....dark-skinned mothers & their babies had a tendency to die in childbirth of Vitamin D deficiency (Ricketts caused hip deformity that interfered survival in the Birth process!) Over thousands of years that favoured fair skinned mothers & their fair skinned children.....

It's hard to imagine just how long it's taken for the world to get to be the place we all recognise in our own lifetime. Recently a scientest explained it to me that if we held out our arms away from our chests in to a full armspan .... our world as WE know it NOW ( last 2000 years) is represented by our FINGERNAILS!

Australia has the highest rate of Melanoma in the World.....if we didn't have medical intervention, in thousands of years, the same story could well happen to the Anglo-Celtic folk who came to live HERE...except it would've been the opposite story! There are frequent deaths here, in spite of Medical knowledge, of our young fair-skinned, sun-lovers who die before they ever get the chance to have a family! I've survived my first bout of Melanoma but have been told to expect more....no advantage here to be fair-skinned! My body looks like a Chopping Board 'cos of all the 'suspicious' moles that have been cut out over the years!

We are ALL Homo Sapiens Sapiens.....that's IT!

Good, funny, BAD, nice, sweet, HORRID, mixed-up, confused, frightened the whole kit n' kaboodle....all sorts everywhere!

Hope you feel better soon Caro....so glad you are enjoying your son's choice of partner...I love & admire my Dutch Mother-in-law No 1....she's been the most influential person in my adult life!

Love,

GIO

> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > From: gina.francis@> > > > > > > > Subject: Nov 4th Races here & there> > > > > > > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > > > > > > > Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 4:51 PM> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Nov 4th is the day that Oz STOPS... for a HORSE RACE....not> > a> > > > > Public> > > > > > > holiday BUT we stop anyway....in the Work Place...at Race> > Tracks> > > > > > across> > > > > > > the country..in every little Community Hall..Town Club> > > > venues....no> > > > > > Beer> > > > > > > is served, no food is delivered... surgery is put on> > > > > hold....Dentists> > > > > > > Drills fall silent.....Bank Tellers get you to wait while you> > > ALL> > > > > tune> > > > > > > in to the Tele to watch the race being run........WELL. ...all> > I> > > > can> > > > > > say> > > > > > > is its just as well there's such a big time difference between> > > the> > > > > USA> > > > > > & > > > > > > > Oz 'cos we ALL stopped AGAIN to watch the results of YOUR> > > > > Presidential> > > > > > > Election!> > > > > > > > Congratulations to all of your who backed the Winner & > > > > > > Commiserations> > > > > > > to those of you who pulled up in second place!> > > > > > > > YOUR President affects OUR lives ....the World waits with> > > baited> > > > > > > breath!> > > > > > > > Good Luck Barack Obama you've got one heck of a ride ahead> > of> > > > you!> > > > > > > > in Oz> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>