RemedySpot.com

Re: Medical care in Salt Lake?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How old is he?

Our yr. old son has PSC and we currently live in the Houston area and are very happy with the care we've received at TX Children's Hospital liver/GI centers. We may be looking at a relocation to the Salt Lake City area and I'm

wondering if anyone has personal experience there with a hepatologist/liver center (ideally pediatric, of course). Thanks!Becky -- Don Vardell Jr.dvardell2@...

Oops! He's 7 years old...

How old is he?

Our yr. old son has PSC and we currently live in the Houston area and are very happy with the care we've received at TX Children's Hospital liver/GI centers. We may be looking at a relocation to the Salt Lake City area and I'm

wondering if anyone has personal experience there with a hepatologist/liver center (ideally pediatric, of course). Thanks!Becky

-- Don Vardell Jr.dvardell2@...

I'm sorry about your son's diagnosis. Salt Lake has two transplant centers, Intermountain Medical Center (IMC) and the University of Utah (UofU). The docs are very good and we really like our Hep, who is also the director of the transplant unit at IMC. One thing I really like is that he has had a liver transplant so he can relate on a level that not many other docs can. I don't know if he also does pediatric but I doubt it. I can talk to our coordinator and see if I can get some names of some good hep docs if you would like. Just let me know.

LOVE & LIGHT

Barbara (Wife of , PSC'07, HE, Chronic Pancr, Osteo, Diabetes, Listed)

Subject: Medical care in Salt Lake?To: Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 8:49 AM

Our yr. old son has PSC and we currently live in the Houston area and are very happy with the care we've received at TX Children's Hospital liver/GI centers. We may be looking at a relocation to the Salt Lake City area and I'm wondering if anyone has personal experience there with a hepatologist/ liver center (ideally pediatric, of course). Thanks!Becky

Barbara,

Thank you so much for the information! I am sorry for your husband's diagnosis as well. I would love any names of pediatric hepatologists that your coordinator can recommend.

Thanks again,

Becky

I'm sorry about your son's diagnosis. Salt Lake has two transplant centers, Intermountain Medical Center (IMC) and the University of Utah (UofU). The docs are very good and we really like our Hep, who is also the director of the transplant unit at IMC. One thing I really like is that he has had a liver transplant so he can relate on a level that not many other docs can. I don't know if he also does pediatric but I doubt it. I can talk to our coordinator and see if I can get some names of some good hep docs if you would like. Just let me know.

LOVE & LIGHT

Subject: Medical care in Salt Lake?To:

Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 8:49 AM

wondering if anyone has personal experience there with a hepatologist/ liver center (ideally pediatric, of course). Thanks!Becky

Great, I'll let you know. It would be good to find out what your medical insurance will be because that might be the determing factor as to whether you go to IMC or UofU. You can e-mail or call me and I'll explain more. In the meantime, I'll check on both and get back to you. babsbickmore@...

LOVE & LIGHT

Thank you so much for the information! I am sorry for your husband's diagnosis as well. I would love any names of pediatric hepatologists that your coordinator can recommend.

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Get in Shape

on Yahoo! Groups

Find a buddy

and lose weight.

Great, I'll let you know. It would be good to find out what your medical insurance will be because that might be the determing factor as to whether you go to IMC or UofU. You can e-mail or call me and I'll explain more. In the meantime, I'll check on both and get back to you. babsbickmore@...

LOVE & LIGHT

Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Get in Shape

on Yahoo! Groups

Find a buddy

and lose weight.

exuse me if I'm wrong but from this exchange its looks like we have a father asking his wife how old their son is. Interesting!

How old is he?

wondering if anyone has personal experience there with a hepatologist/liver center (ideally pediatric, of course). Thanks!Becky

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

exuse me if I'm wrong but from this exchange its looks like we have a father asking his wife how old their son is. Interesting!

How old is he?

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

How old is he?

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng.

It is not that bad Ian - I didn't realize my being " cute " would go to everyone. My apologies.

How old is he?

-- Ian Cribb P.Eng. -- Don Vardell Jr.dvardell2@...

It is not that bad Ian - I didn't realize my being " cute " would go to everyone. My apologies.

How old is he?

How old is he?

goes to Dr Hutson at the University of Utah. We adore

him, but I don't think he does pediatrics. The Primary Children's

Hospital is just next door and your best bet in finding a pediatric

hepatologist in SLC. They even have a pediatric transplant program

there, so I'm sure they will be able to help you.

What on earth brings you to Utah from Texas? It is so much colder up

here. We live in Idaho which boasts of even more severe winters, but I

love living where there's not as many people.... even if it means

driving 4 hours to find a fabulous hepatologist.

God Bless,

Franson, wife of (psc 1995, cca 2007, tx 2008)