RemedySpot.com

Mayo Clinic Visit Rochester

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,I am heading to the Mayo Clinic for the first time tomorrow afternoon. I have lab tests and an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday morning. This is my first visit to Mayo, although I have heard a lot about the Clinic through friends and my parents, my dad was there for Prostate Cancer surgery almost 2 years ago. I was wondering if anybody might have some helpful suggestions for questions I might ask Doctor Poterucha. A quick synopsis of my state. Diagnosed in April through ERCP. On Urso, Cholestyramine and Asacol for UC. Came to Duluth in July and had another ERCP in September through a new Gastroenterologist here. She saw significant stricture throughout the common bile duct so she put in a stent. A couple of weeks ago I returned for another ERCP and dilation of the duct. It seemed my stent was gone, who knows for how

long. However, in that month, I felt more "normal" then I have in a long time. Energy levels were up, no itching, and no urge to nap at noon and 6 p.m. like I felt with the fatigue before. I know she decided to stent the 1st time also because my LFT's were elevated. Anyway, this is about what I know and I have a few questions but would take any suggestions people might have.Thank you for any help.nnenne

Duluth, Minnesota

UC 2002, PSC 2008