RemedySpot.com

I had surgery last Thursday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Just wanted to let the people who love me (I think) know that I was in the hospital last Thursday for surgery. I had a hysterectomy.

The plan was to remove my cervix, uterus, and left ovary - leave one ovary so I still have my own hormones. I've spent a number of years having pelvic pain, horrible painful periods, and terribly painful "coupling" (sorry if that's TMI, guys, but that's life).

As it turns out, when the doc got in there, my right ovary had a "very large cyst" on it. Only a month earlier it had no cyst per a follow-up ultrasound from a cyst I'd had on that ovary a month earlier that had been causing me pain. So the right one came out instead of the left one. Then, it turned out my uterus appeared to have endometreosis. So, it turns out that it was a darned good thing we decided to do the surgery. Even though I feel like hell right now, I'll have a few weeks of pain to save me a lot more pain down the road.

I was discharged on Sunday. I'm at home, recovering, cranked up on percocet (my big white friend), can't drive until I'm off of it and can slam on the brakes without pain - which doesn't mesh well with having a husband with no license. But we're making due. I made and froze some food ahead of time and stocked up on some other stuff for the girls to make for dinners. So far things aren't going too badly, but we'll see as we go along.

If you want to give me a call or email me, please feel free to. I hope you guys are doing good!!!!

Ami - Migraines, FMS

mom to - 10 yrs - Double Lung Tx 2/26/2006, PSC - Tx 7/16/2007, Diabetes, Hypothyroid, GERD, ADHD, Osteopenia http://caringbridge.org/visit/seanfox

mom to Emma - 14 yrs - Migraines

stepmom to - 15 yrs - ADHD, ODD

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~