RemedySpot.com

Re: Side effects of Urso Forte

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

jennifer;

I have identical symptoms at 2000 mg per day. No energy. Dead to the world, sleepy, tired.

Joe

-------------- Original message from "jennielou33" : --------------

I am just wondering if anyone has experienced markedly increased fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte? I switched from 1200mg Ursodiol to 2000mg (gradual increase) Urso Forte because I was having bad Headaches from the Ursodiol and want to be eventually on about 2500mg. Since I've been on the Urso Forte I have had more extreme fatigue which has been so bad I have to nap everyday and have only been able to work a couple of days, this has been going on for a month and both my G.I, and Primary care Dr. don't really have anything to say, but I can't stand it and am going crazy. I've become more depressed and don't know if maybe I'm depressed because I'm so tired or I'm tired because I'm depressed?!I would appreciate any ideas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job but at the same time I just can't work when I have to nap and can't concentrate.Thanks in advance, SandsUC 2002, PSC 11/07

Guest guest

I have been taking 2500mg of Urso daily (33mg/kg) for 8 years without

any side effects. I guess I am lucky. What is more interesting is

that after 12 years of elevated Alk averaging 200 to 400 is that my

labs have been completely normal for the last 9 months. The docs

don't know why but time will tell. Best of luck.

>

> jennifer;

>

> I have identical symptoms at 2000 mg per day. No energy. Dead to

the world, sleepy, tired.

>

> Joe

>

> -------------- Original message from " jennielou33 "

: --------------

>

> I am just wondering if anyone has experienced markedly increased

> fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte? I switched from 1200mg Ursodiol

to

> 2000mg (gradual increase) Urso Forte because I was having bad

Headaches

> from the Ursodiol and want to be eventually on about 2500mg. Since

> I've been on the Urso Forte I have had more extreme fatigue which

has

> been so bad I have to nap everyday and have only been able to work

a

> couple of days, this has been going on for a month and both my G.I,

and

> Primary care Dr. don't really have anything to say, but I can't

stand

> it and am going crazy. I've become more depressed and don't know if

> maybe I'm depressed because I'm so tired or I'm tired because I'm

> depressed?!

> I would appreciate any ideas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job

but

> at the same time I just can't work when I have to nap and can't

> concentrate.

> Thanks in advance,

> Sands

> UC 2002, PSC 11/07

>

Guest guest

I have been taking 2500mg of Urso daily (33mg/kg) for 8 years without

any side effects. I guess I am lucky. What is more interesting is

that after 12 years of elevated Alk averaging 200 to 400 is that my

labs have been completely normal for the last 9 months. The docs

>

> jennifer;

>

> I have identical symptoms at 2000 mg per day. No energy. Dead to

the world, sleepy, tired.

>

> Joe

>

> -------------- Original message from " jennielou33 "

: --------------

>

> fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte? I switched from 1200mg Ursodiol

to

> 2000mg (gradual increase) Urso Forte because I was having bad

Headaches

> from the Ursodiol and want to be eventually on about 2500mg. Since

> I've been on the Urso Forte I have had more extreme fatigue which

has

> been so bad I have to nap everyday and have only been able to work

a

> couple of days, this has been going on for a month and both my G.I,

and

> Primary care Dr. don't really have anything to say, but I can't

stand

> it and am going crazy. I've become more depressed and don't know if

> maybe I'm depressed because I'm so tired or I'm tired because I'm

> depressed?!

> I would appreciate any ideas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job

but

> at the same time I just can't work when I have to nap and can't

> concentrate.

> Thanks in advance,

> Sands

> UC 2002, PSC 11/07

>

Guest guest

I also have been taking URSO for a long time with no side effects. I started on URSO 9 years ago in 1999. I tried stopping it once (in 2001) but my Alk phos shot up 130 points. My enzyme numbers are still above normal, but in they have been lower in these last 9 years on URSO then their were the first ten years after diagnosis without URSO.

Ian (52) PSC 89

I have been taking 2500mg of Urso daily (33mg/kg) for 8 years without any side effects. I guess I am lucky. What is more interesting is that after 12 years of elevated Alk averaging 200 to 400 is that my labs have been completely normal for the last 9 months. The docs

>> jennifer;> > I have identical symptoms at 2000 mg per day. No energy. Dead to the world, sleepy, tired.> > Joe> > -------------- Original message from " jennielou33 "

: -------------- > > I am just wondering if anyone has experienced markedly increased > fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte? I switched from 1200mg Ursodiol

to > 2000mg (gradual increase) Urso Forte because I was having bad Headaches > from the Ursodiol and want to be eventually on about 2500mg. Since > I've been on the Urso Forte I have had more extreme fatigue which

has > been so bad I have to nap everyday and have only been able to work a > couple of days, this has been going on for a month and both my G.I, and > Primary care Dr. don't really have anything to say, but I can't

stand > it and am going crazy. I've become more depressed and don't know if > maybe I'm depressed because I'm so tired or I'm tired because I'm > depressed?!> I would appreciate any ideas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job

but > at the same time I just can't work when I have to nap and can't > concentrate.> Thanks in advance,> Sands> UC 2002, PSC 11/07> -- Ian Cribb former P.Eng. (resigned in good standing)

Guest guest

I also have been taking URSO for a long time with no side effects. I started on URSO 9 years ago in 1999. I tried stopping it once (in 2001) but my Alk phos shot up 130 points. My enzyme numbers are still above normal, but in they have been lower in these last 9 years on URSO then their were the first ten years after diagnosis without URSO.

Ian (52) PSC 89

I have been taking 2500mg of Urso daily (33mg/kg) for 8 years without any side effects. I guess I am lucky. What is more interesting is that after 12 years of elevated Alk averaging 200 to 400 is that my labs have been completely normal for the last 9 months. The docs

>> jennifer;> > I have identical symptoms at 2000 mg per day. No energy. Dead to the world, sleepy, tired.> > Joe> > -------------- Original message from " jennielou33 "

: -------------- > > I am just wondering if anyone has experienced markedly increased > fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte? I switched from 1200mg Ursodiol

to > 2000mg (gradual increase) Urso Forte because I was having bad Headaches > from the Ursodiol and want to be eventually on about 2500mg. Since > I've been on the Urso Forte I have had more extreme fatigue which

has > been so bad I have to nap everyday and have only been able to work a > couple of days, this has been going on for a month and both my G.I, and > Primary care Dr. don't really have anything to say, but I can't

stand > it and am going crazy. I've become more depressed and don't know if > maybe I'm depressed because I'm so tired or I'm tired because I'm > depressed?!> I would appreciate any ideas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job

but > at the same time I just can't work when I have to nap and can't > concentrate.> Thanks in advance,> Sands> UC 2002, PSC 11/07> -- Ian Cribb former P.Eng. (resigned in good standing)

Guest guest

Ian (52) PSC 89

Guest guest

How do you distinguish side effects from urso with syptoms of Psc.The tiredness and extreme fatigue are symps of the disease??Do you stop the Urso to see if it goes away???

Re: Re: Side effects of Urso Forte

Ian (52) PSC 89

I have been taking 2500mg of Urso daily (33mg/kg) for 8 years without any side effects. I guess I am lucky. What is more interesting is that after 12 years of elevated Alk averaging 200 to 400 is that my labs have been completely normal for the last 9 months. The docs don't know why but time will tell. Best of luck. >> jennifer;> > I have identical symptoms at 2000 mg per day. No energy. Dead to the world, sleepy, tired.> > Joe> > ------------ -- Original message from "jennielou33" <jennielou33@ ...>: ------------ -- > > I am just wondering if anyone has experienced markedly increased > fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte? I

switched from 1200mg Ursodiol to > 2000mg (gradual increase) Urso Forte because I was having bad Headaches > from the Ursodiol and want to be eventually on about 2500mg. Since > I've been on the Urso Forte I have had more extreme fatigue which has > been so bad I have to nap everyday and have only been able to work a > couple of days, this has been going on for a month and both my G.I, and > Primary care Dr. don't really have anything to say, but I can't stand > it and am going crazy. I've become more depressed and don't know if > maybe I'm depressed because I'm so tired or I'm tired because I'm > depressed?!> I would appreciate any ideas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job but > at the same time I just can't work when I have to nap and can't > concentrate.> Thanks in advance,> Sands> UC 2002, PSC

11/07>-- Ian Cribb former P.Eng. (resigned in good standing) __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi, . I'm so sorry you're having a rough time with the

Urso - fatigue is one of the most debilitating symptoms people here

discuss. I don't have any magic bullet to suggest, but i know

sometimes the discussion of fatigue comes up in the context of

vitamin deficiency. Have you had your vitamin levels checked while

on the Urso? Also, I think I remember reading in one of the

articles in 's database that Sam-E helps with fatigue? I'm

sorry you're having a rough time but I encourage you to try anything

you can before giving up the Urso - it seems from everything we've

been reading that high-dose Urso combined with DHA supplements are

the most promising things out there right now...

Best,

nina in philly

>

> fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte?

Guest guest

Thanks for the replys, Pam, I know the symptoms are also symptoms of the disease, but I keep a symptom journel and when I started having severe headaches I noticed it was about 3 days after I increased my Ursodiol, si I went back to the lower dose and the headaches went away. I have been having fatigue for several months now, but this last month the fatigue is unbearable, it is so bad it literally hurts and when it hits I HAVE to lay down no matter what. I've never had anything like it and I worked 12hour night shifts for 8 years with little or no sleep. looking back at my symptom journel I noticed it started about 4 days after I switched to the Urso Forte and also noticed I had been feeling great for the week or so before the switch. That is why I think it might be related to the Urso Forte. My Dr. did also start me on a Antidepressant last week so I hope that might help as well. I'm just so sick and

tired of being sick and tired! Sands UC 2002, PSC 11/07 pam brown wrote: How do you distinguish side effects from urso with syptoms of Psc.The tiredness and extreme fatigue are symps of the disease??Do you stop the Urso to see if it goes away??? Re: Re: Side effects of Urso Forte I also have been taking URSO for a long time with no side effects. I started on URSO 9 years ago in 1999. I tried stopping it once (in 2001) but my Alk phos shot up 130 points. My enzyme numbers are still above normal, but in they have been lower in these last 9 years on URSO then their were the first ten years after diagnosis without URSO. Ian (52) PSC 89 On 4/8/08, hcpilot <hcpilot (AT) yahoo (DOT)

com> wrote: I have been taking 2500mg of Urso daily (33mg/kg) for 8 years without any side effects. I guess I am lucky. What is more interesting is that after 12 years of elevated Alk averaging 200 to 400 is that my labs have been completely normal for the last 9 months. The docs don't know why but time will tell. Best of luck. >> jennifer;> > I have identical symptoms at 2000 mg per day. No energy. Dead to the world, sleepy, tired.> > Joe> > ------------ -- Original message from "jennielou33" <jennielou33@ ...>: ------------ --

> > I am just wondering if anyone has experienced markedly increased > fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte? I switched from 1200mg Ursodiol to > 2000mg (gradual increase) Urso Forte because I was having bad Headaches > from the Ursodiol and want to be eventually on about 2500mg. Since > I've been on the Urso Forte I have had more extreme fatigue which has > been so bad I have to nap everyday and have only been able to work a > couple of days, this has been going on for a month and both my G.I, and > Primary care Dr. don't really have anything to say, but I can't stand > it and am going crazy. I've become more depressed and don't know if > maybe I'm depressed because I'm so tired or I'm tired because I'm > depressed?!> I would appreciate any ideas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job but > at the same time I just can't work when I have to

nap and can't > concentrate.> Thanks in advance,> Sands> UC 2002, PSC 11/07>-- Ian Cribb former P.Eng. (resigned in good standing) __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I understand now why you think it is the Urso Forte ...I am 28 yrs into working nite shift so feeling tired at times ,I just accept.I can't imagine feeling profoundly TIRED ..I hope the antidepressant helps if not, maybe another form of the URSO there has to be more!!!!

Re: Re: Side effects of Urso Forte

Ian (52) PSC 89

I have been taking 2500mg of Urso daily (33mg/kg) for 8 years without any side effects. I guess I am lucky. What is more interesting is that after 12 years of elevated Alk averaging 200 to 400 is that my labs have been completely normal for the last 9 months. The docs don't know why but time will tell. Best of luck. >> jennifer;> > I have identical symptoms at 2000 mg per day. No energy. Dead to the world, sleepy, tired.> > Joe> > ------------ -- Original message from "jennielou33" <jennielou33@ ...>: ------------ -- > > I am just wondering if anyone has experienced markedly increased > fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte? I

switched from 1200mg Ursodiol to > 2000mg (gradual increase) Urso Forte because I was having bad Headaches > from the Ursodiol and want to be eventually on about 2500mg. Since > I've been on the Urso Forte I have had more extreme fatigue which has > been so bad I have to nap everyday and have only been able to work a > couple of days, this has been going on for a month and both my G.I, and > Primary care Dr. don't really have anything to say, but I can't stand > it and am going crazy. I've become more depressed and don't know if > maybe I'm depressed because I'm so tired or I'm tired because I'm > depressed?!> I would appreciate any ideas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job but > at the same time I just can't work when I have to nap and can't > concentrate.> Thanks in advance,> Sands> UC 2002, PSC

11/07>-- Ian Cribb former P.Eng. (resigned in good standing) ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

Guest guest

> >

> > jennifer;

> >

> > I have identical symptoms at 2000 mg per day. No energy. Dead to

> the world, sleepy, tired.

> >

> > Joe

> >

> > ------------ -- Original message from " jennielou33 "

> : ------------ --

> >

> > I am just wondering if anyone has experienced markedly increased

> > fatigue on Ursodil or Urso Forte? I switched from 1200mg Ursodiol

> to

> > 2000mg (gradual increase) Urso Forte because I was having bad

> Headaches

> > from the Ursodiol and want to be eventually on about 2500mg. Since

> > I've been on the Urso Forte I have had more extreme fatigue which

> has

> > been so bad I have to nap everyday and have only been able to work

> a

> > couple of days, this has been going on for a month and both my G.I,

> and

> > Primary care Dr. don't really have anything to say, but I can't

> stand

> > it and am going crazy. I've become more depressed and don't know if

> > maybe I'm depressed because I'm so tired or I'm tired because I'm

> > depressed?!

> > I would appreciate any ideas, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job

> but

> > at the same time I just can't work when I have to nap and can't

> > concentrate.

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Sands

> > UC 2002, PSC 11/07

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> --

> Ian Cribb former P.Eng. (resigned in good standing)

>

>

>

>

> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __

>