RemedySpot.com

Colonoscopy report #22 - a new experience

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

The Dulcolax/Miralax/Gatorade/Magnesium Citrate prep was a big improvement over Colyte/Golyte/Nulyte prep. Only 1/2 gallon of " stuff " that really wasn't too bad. The Magnesium Citrate the next morning (four hours before the procedure) wasn't too bad either. I was pretty well " done " by the time we started the 45 minute drive. Results were about the same (for me), excellent according to the endoscopist.

The interesting part was when the sirens went off while I was in the recovery room. Judy went out and asked the nurse what they did for tornadoes. She said " We go down to the main floor in the middle of the building, but only when the sirens go off. " Of course, Judy had to point out that the sirens were going, which got things stirred up a bit.

It actually was pretty well organized, considering. Most of us were taken down the stairway (I did get a bathrobe!), and a few were taken down the elevator on gurneys. I had been there about 15 minutes already, so I felt OK about it. Hmmm - I wonder what it was like to be in the procedure at the time? Maybe something like, " I'm sorry, we're going to have to remove this 17,000 foot tube in a hurry - hang on? "

They let me go into the bathroom to change while we were waiting (I had grabbed my bag on the way out). The weather service extended the thunderstorm warning another 10 minutes, so we didn't get out of there very fast. Brief, heavy rain, strong winds, etc.

The best part was when the nurse read the discharge papers to me. You know, the line where it says " Don't sign any important documents today " . Of course, then I was handed a release paper to sign! Must not be very important.

Conclusion: new prep was a big improvement, " normal " colonoscopy findings, know your severe weather procedures..

Arne

57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000

Alive and well in Minnesota

Guest guest

What a remarkable experience!!! Glad it all went well.Marie

The interesting part was when the sirens went off while I was in the recovery room. Judy went out and asked the nurse what they did for tornadoes. She said "We go down to the main floor in the middle of the building, but only when the sirens go off." Of course, Judy had to point out that the sirens were going, which got things stirred up a bit.

It actually was pretty well organized, considering. Most of us were taken down the stairway (I did get a bathrobe!), and a few were taken down the elevator on gurneys. I had been there about 15 minutes already, so I felt OK about it. Hmmm - I wonder what it was like to be in the procedure at the time? Maybe something like, "I'm sorry, we're going to have to remove this 17,000 foot tube in a hurry - hang on?"

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.

Guest guest

Hi Arne, I'm glad to hear everything came out OK and it is a good thing Judy has good hearing !LeeThe interesting part was when the sirens went off while I was in the recovery room. Judy went out and asked the nurse what they did for tornadoes. She said "We go down to the main floor in the middle of the building, but only when the sirens go off." Of course, Judy had to point out that the sirens were going, which got things stirred up a bit.

Guest guest

Hi Arne, I'm glad to hear everything came out OK and it is a good thing Judy has good hearing !LeeThe interesting part was when the sirens went off while I was in the recovery room. Judy went out and asked the nurse what they did for tornadoes. She said "We go down to the main floor in the middle of the building, but only when the sirens go off." Of course, Judy had to point out that the sirens were going, which got things stirred up a bit.

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've got mine coming up on Mon. at 8 am. Hope I get another good result. I don't know what number it is, but I've had colitis since the mid 70's.

I'm very thankful that the colitis has been controlled all this time.

I've been taking it a lot easier on sweets lately and my colon seems to appreciate it. They say colitis can never be cured, but I must be close to it.

My doc insists on the good old gallon of no-so-lytey. And now they want me to start it later in the evening the night before, plus lots of gatorade before that! I guess they want me to be up all night.

Don

Please be a blood/organ donor

Guest guest

Sounds like the Gatorade may help keep you hydrated - that's the positive spin on the "frequency" that may result!

Hope all goes well. And hopefully you will have no weather related issues, wild fires, etc. to interfere!

Take care.

Joanne H

(, Ca)

I've got mine coming up on Mon. at 8 am. ... My doc insists on the good old gallon of no-so-lytey. And now they want me to start it later in the evening the night before, plus lots of gatorade before that! I guess they want me to be up all night.

Don

Please be a blood/organ donor

Guest guest

Your prep was similar to mine, but I didn't have the magnesium citrate

chaser. Congrats on the findings.

You give new meaning to " thar she blows " in the context of colonoscopy

prep and tornados......

Penny

-- In , " Arne " wrote:

>

> The Dulcolax/Miralax/Gatorade/Magnesium Citrate prep was a big

improvement

> over Colyte/Golyte/Nulyte prep. Only 1/2 gallon of " stuff " that really

> wasn't too bad. The Magnesium Citrate the next morning (four hours

before

> the procedure) wasn't too bad either. I was pretty well " done " by

the time

> we started the 45 minute drive. Results were about the same (for me),

> excellent according to the endoscopist.

>