RemedySpot.com

What do you do?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, all. I'm hoping some of you can offer me some advice. When I got really sick

a year and a half ago, I lost my job. Since then, I haven't been well enough to

work and am applying for SSDI.

My problem is that when I bump into people I haven't seen for a while or meet

new people, their first question is generally, " what do you do? " How do some of

you answer that? I don't have a problem telling people I'm sick, but I'd like

another answer since sometimes I just don't want that to be the main thing

someone remembers about me. I can't seem to think of anything to say to the

question other than stuttering and saying that I've been sick and am applying

for SSDI. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?

Thanks!

Sandi in VA

Guest guest

Sandi,

I've had a similar problem in that I was layed-off and didn't like saying I was unemployed. The problem as been solve in that I now say I am working from home. You don't need to say how much you are working, but you need to come up with what you are working on.

Ian (52) PSC 89

Guest guest

Hi Sandi,How about saying that you are busy advocating for PSC Partners Seeking a Cure and research for liver disease?That's what I tell everyone !!! The thing is, if you said this then you really would be helping us to spread the word and educate people! Some people will leave it there and others will want to know more and then it is up to you whether or notto get personal.What good you put out there will come back on you someday, keep your head up !LeeMy problem is that when I bump into people I haven't seen for a while or meet new people, their first question is generally, "what do you do?" How do some of you answer that? I don't have a problem telling people I'm sick, but I'd like another answer since sometimes I just don't want that to be the main thing someone remembers about me. I can't seem to think of anything to say to the question other than stuttering and saying that I've been sick and am applying for SSDI. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this?Tha