RemedySpot.com

Update from Penny - TUESDAY, OCTOBER 07, 2008 05:32 AM, EST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tuesday 7th OctoberHI everyone, well yet another week has passed, with another long visit to ARTS clinic. ON a personal note my bloods are getting better again, and I'm feeling better again. Probably about at the stage we moved home from the unit (week5 and now we are week 12! Big set back), although I can lift and move more than I could then! said he's heard it all before, but this time we will keep moving forward!

I met some interesting people yesterday at the clinic (this is for all you neices and nephews that drink too much!!!). She was in her early 20's, was down the coast in August and felt unwell, so went to the dr. She had turned yellow (unbeknownst to her) and her liver had gone into total failure almost overnight. After a quick stay in Gold coast hospital, she was transferred to PAH, put on the waiting list and had a liver within 5 days of being listed. Having suffered some rejection, the meds they gave her also gave her diabetes, so a month later, she has had a major life saving operation (the liver was days away from dying) and is diabetic (they don't know if that is permanent yet). Now I know the waiting was hard for me, but at least I realised what was going on, and had time to adjust, her head is still spinning! That's the end of my lecture to all of you who drink!

The other lady I met was one I had heard about from one of the drs regarding eyesight. I was told that before transplant she had gone totally blind due to vitamin deficiency. 4 weeks later she woke up in icu, able to see again! The real story was actually even more amazing, she had been training up for a guide dog, and then couldn't get one! She doesn't even wear glasses!

Anyway, those are my two stories for the week.has gone back to school this week (the double liver I was in hospital with) which was great.The other good news is that when I log in, the only time zone I can choose is called 'Australia/Melbourne', but they still have QLD time on it! Teehee !

Have a good week,Penny T

Question from Ian. The caringbidge website time stamps your posts EST. normally I associate that with Eastern Standard Time which is the time zone on the east coast of America. They use the same letters, but different time zone in Australia?