low salt, PSC life changes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Colleen,

My dr told me to lay off the salt when I was dx. Now that I have ascities, I am

more rigorous about avoiding it. Presenting with nonretractable ascities

indicates a poorer prognosis. you might want to ask your dr about it. I am all

for diets that make me feel better. I always check supplements, herbs, vitamins,

etc. with my dr. He is open minded, but will tell me when he thinks something

is hewy-beluey. He told me to avoid all chinese herbs and anything that claimed

to be " liver cleansing. " I've tried non dairy, but that was a bit much. I am

very low dairy. I do take calcium citrate abt 1200 mg daily.

That is great that you have your creative arts. I used to crochet, knit, sew,

but because of polyarthritis (non swelling) and trigger finger spasms I can't do

it any more. I also had to give up art: sketching and painting. I used to teach

English to seniors: Brit Lit and Advanced Placement. I loved it and was very

good at it. That is no longer possible. I do have two children at home Rylan 6

and Jasie 8. They keep my life going (even when I don't feel like it). what a

blessing that when I had to quit teaching, I was able to stay home with the

kids, so they didn't have to go to day care.

I still read and research topics of interest (history, religion,

philosophy). It is an odd thing (heartbreaking at times) when activities I

thought defined who I was are taken away from me. I find they weren't really the

essence of me at all. I miss them, but there are no holes in my life, but I find

there is a substance there that is more me than anything I ever did. It's like

having my soul stripped one layer at a time and I've really discovered this

immutable self that is unchanged but hidden by all the things I thought were me.

OK, that is really " other worldly. " I wax poetic. I find that no matter what is

" taken " away, or added (pain, fluid, doctors, whatever) I am still me and even

more me than I was before. That's enough. take care, Cheryl ID 49,

PSC/AIH/UC/pain, pain, pain, and more pain.

Re: sheets, nighttime, low salt

> Cheryl,

>

> I love

> knitting/spinning with it. They are my Zen hobbies that have gotten me through

a lot of

> tough patches.

>

> Colleen

>

> --

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I am on a low salt .. to for my ascities yes some times i do cheat it is so hard to find low or no salt foods.. please write and give us a idea of what you eat..I get only $58.00 a month food stamps so that limits me on fresh veg & fruit & i don't eat any meat... Please don't check my English I know it is bad JeanneLogan Berg wrote: Colleen, My dr told me to lay off the salt when I was dx. Now that I have ascities, I am more rigorous about avoiding it. Presenting with nonretractable ascities indicates a poorer prognosis. you might want to ask your dr about it. I am all for diets that make me feel better. I always check supplements, herbs, vitamins, etc. with my dr. He is open minded, but will tell me when he thinks something is hewy-beluey. He told me to avoid all chinese herbs and anything that claimed to be "liver cleansing." I've tried non dairy, but that was a bit much. I am very low dairy. I do take calcium citrate abt 1200 mg daily. That is great that you have your creative arts. I used to crochet, knit, sew, but because

of polyarthritis (non swelling) and trigger finger spasms I can't do it any more. I also had to give up art: sketching and painting. I used to teach English to seniors: Brit Lit and Advanced Placement. I loved it and was very good at it. That is no longer possible. I do have two children at home Rylan 6 and Jasie 8. They keep my life going (even when I don't feel like it). what a blessing that when I had to quit teaching, I was able to stay home with the kids, so they didn't have to go to day care. I still read and research topics of interest (history, religion, philosophy). It is an odd thing (heartbreaking at times) when activities I thought defined who I was are taken away from me. I find they weren't really the essence of me at all. I miss them, but there are no holes in my life, but I find there is a substance there that is more me than anything I ever did. It's like having my soul stripped one layer at a time and I've really discovered this immutable self that is

unchanged but hidden by all the things I thought were me. OK, that is really "other worldly." I wax poetic. I find that no matter what is "taken" away, or added (pain, fluid, doctors, whatever) I am still me and even more me than I was before. That's enough. take care, Cheryl ID 49, PSC/AIH/UC/pain, pain, pain, and more pain. -----Original message-----From: "Colleen Garvey Kueter" cgkueter (AT) comcast (DOT) netDate: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:15:02 -0600To: Subject: Re: sheets, nighttime, low salt> Cheryl,> > I love > knitting/spinning with it. They are my Zen hobbies that have gotten me through a lot of > tough patches.> > Colleen> > --> > > > > Jeanne

Guest guest

Whenever the subject of salt comes up I toss in my vote in favor of low/no salt. It made a big positive for me in the months before TX.

Don

Please be a blood/organ donor

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Cheryl -

Your post was beautiful and please be poetic anytime, be philosophical anytime, as you are inspirational as you write. Thank you.

Joanne H

(, Ca., mom of , 17, UC/PSC 2-06; JRA 1998 - a Senior who I hope does not develop the dreaded Senioritis before graduation!)

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of Logan BergSent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:13 PMTo: Subject: low salt, PSC life changes

Colleen, My dr told me to lay off the salt when I was dx. ... I wax poetic. I find that no matter what is "taken" away, or added (pain, fluid, doctors, whatever) I am still me and even more me than I was before. That's enough. take care, Cheryl ID 49, PSC/AIH/UC/pain, pain, pain, and more pain. -----Original message-----From: "Colleen Garvey Kueter" cgkueter (AT) comcast (DOT) netDate: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:15:02 -0600To: Subject: Re: sheets, nighttime, low salt

Guest guest

Cheryl -

Your post was beautiful and please be poetic anytime, be philosophical anytime, as you are inspirational as you write. Thank you.

Joanne H

(, Ca., mom of , 17, UC/PSC 2-06; JRA 1998 - a Senior who I hope does not develop the dreaded Senioritis before graduation!)

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of Logan BergSent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:13 PMTo: Subject: low salt, PSC life changes

Colleen, My dr told me to lay off the salt when I was dx. ... I wax poetic. I find that no matter what is "taken" away, or added (pain, fluid, doctors, whatever) I am still me and even more me than I was before. That's enough. take care, Cheryl ID 49, PSC/AIH/UC/pain, pain, pain, and more pain. -----Original message-----From: "Colleen Garvey Kueter" cgkueter (AT) comcast (DOT) netDate: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:15:02 -0600To: Subject: Re: sheets, nighttime, low salt

Guest guest

Cheryl,

I agree with Joanne your post was beautiful and inspirational. " The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised. Job 1:21. "

Ian (52) PSC 89

Cheryl -

Joanne H

-----Original Message-----From: [mailto: ]On Behalf Of Logan Berg

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:13 PMTo: Subject: low salt, PSC life changes

Colleen, My dr told me to lay off the salt when I was dx. ... I wax poetic. I find that no matter what is " taken " away, or added (pain, fluid, doctors, whatever) I am still me and even more me than I was before. That's enough. take care, Cheryl ID 49, PSC/AIH/UC/pain, pain, pain, and more pain.

-----Original message-----From: " Colleen Garvey Kueter " cgkueter@...Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:15:02 -0600

To: Subject: Re: sheets, nighttime, low salt

-- Ian Cribb former P.Eng. (resigned in good standing)

Guest guest

Cheryl,

I agree with Joanne your post was beautiful and inspirational. " The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised. Job 1:21. "

Ian (52) PSC 89

Cheryl -

Joanne H

Colleen, My dr told me to lay off the salt when I was dx. ... I wax poetic. I find that no matter what is " taken " away, or added (pain, fluid, doctors, whatever) I am still me and even more me than I was before. That's enough. take care, Cheryl ID 49, PSC/AIH/UC/pain, pain, pain, and more pain.

-----Original message-----From: " Colleen Garvey Kueter " cgkueter@...Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:15:02 -0600

Guest guest

Cheryl,

Ian (52) PSC 89

Cheryl -

Joanne H