RemedySpot.com

RE: Colonoscopy -- MoviPrep

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Are you awake during the colonoscopy? Ask them to put you out or make you not remember. What works for me in addition to what they give me is Fenergen (sp?) it also helps with nausia after the procedure.

Good luck... I hate mine...

arman_shirin@...

Colonoscopy -- MoviPrep

Well, I survived another ERCP yesterday! The dr. was able to get in and actually stretch those very brittle ducts one more time. We'll hope that will hold for the duration now. (Last stretching was in 2003)Today I have to meet with anesthesiology pre-assessment, since the dr. wants them standing by when he does my colonoscopy tomorrow. I've dreaded this because on my last one (done by a different dr.) was so extremely painful. I can remember trying to scream and being in such severe pain in the midst of it.The prep is a new one for me -- it's the new MoviPrep which requires only 2 liters instead of a whole gallon. I'll let you know how it goes.All prayers & kind thoughts are deeply appreciated. This colonoscopy is primarily to rule out colon cancer, since such a rapid proliferation of blood clots as I have can sometimes be an early sign of colon cancer.Regards,Carolyn B. in

SC[Crohn's; stage 4 PSC; Hepatic Encephalopathy; cirrhosis; splenomegaly; portal hypertension; extensive blood clots in all major veins leading to the liver]

Guest guest

Are you awake during the colonoscopy? Ask them to put you out or make you not remember. What works for me in addition to what they give me is Fenergen (sp?) it also helps with nausia after the procedure.

arman_shirin@...

Colonoscopy -- MoviPrep

Well, I survived another ERCP yesterday! The dr. was able to get in and actually stretch those very brittle ducts one more time. We'll hope that will hold for the duration now. (Last stretching was in 2003)Today I have to meet with anesthesiology pre-assessment, since the dr. wants them standing by when he does my colonoscopy tomorrow. I've dreaded this because on my last one (done by a different dr.) was so extremely painful. I can remember trying to scream and being in such severe pain in the midst of it.The prep is a new one for me -- it's the new MoviPrep which requires only 2 liters instead of a whole gallon. I'll let you know how it goes.All prayers & kind thoughts are deeply appreciated. This colonoscopy is primarily to rule out colon cancer, since such a rapid proliferation of blood clots as I have can sometimes be an early sign of colon cancer.Regards,Carolyn B. in

SC[Crohn's; stage 4 PSC; Hepatic Encephalopathy; cirrhosis; splenomegaly; portal hypertension; extensive blood clots in all major veins leading to the liver]

Guest guest

arman_shirin@...

Colonoscopy -- MoviPrep

Guest guest

Carolyn,

bless your heart. you've got my prayers. I have awakened during several

colonoscopy procedures--argh! scream, scream! the last time they used general

anesthesia. I slept through the whole thing. New doctor though. Take care, God

bless, Cheryl ID

Colonoscopy -- MoviPrep

> > Today I have to meet with anesthesiology pre-assessment, since the dr. wants

them

> standing by when he does my colonoscopy tomorrow. I've dreaded this because

on my

> last one (done by a different dr.) was so extremely painful. I can remember

trying to

> scream and being in such severe pain in the midst of it.

>

> >

> Regards,

> Carolyn B. in SC

>

> [Crohn's; stage 4 PSC; Hepatic Encephalopathy; cirrhosis; splenomegaly; portal

> hypertension; extensive blood clots in all major veins leading to the liver]

>

>

>

Guest guest

Carolyn,

bless, Cheryl ID

Colonoscopy -- MoviPrep

> > Today I have to meet with anesthesiology pre-assessment, since the dr. wants

them

on my

trying to

>

> >

> Regards,

> Carolyn B. in SC

>

> [Crohn's; stage 4 PSC; Hepatic Encephalopathy; cirrhosis; splenomegaly; portal

>

>

>

Guest guest

Carolyn,

bless, Cheryl ID

Colonoscopy -- MoviPrep

them

on my

trying to

>

> >

> Regards,

> Carolyn B. in SC

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Carolyn, You know we will be praying for you, glad the ERCP went well, I was waiting all day to hear how you were, I figured you were still groggy. Please let us know how you do.

Bettyann (SC)

Guest guest

Carolyn, You know we will be praying for you, glad the ERCP went well, I was waiting all day to hear how you were, I figured you were still groggy. Please let us know how you do.

Bettyann (SC)

Guest guest

>

> Are you awake during the colonoscopy?  Ask them to put you out or make you not

remember.  What works for me in addition to what they give me is Fenergen (sp?) 

it also

helps with nausia after the procedure.

==================

My previous colonoscopies have been done with Versed, Demoerol, and Phenergan.

This one

will have an anesthesiologist administering all sedation which will include

Propofol this time.

I'm rather anxious about this since the last time I had anesthesia, I ended up

on a ventilator

for 8-12 hours. I don't EVER want to repeat that!!!!

The Phenergan helps (I guess!), but I always end up throwing up after scope

procedures

anyway.

Regards,

Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

>

> Are you awake during the colonoscopy?  Ask them to put you out or make you not

it also

==================

This one

Propofol this time.

on a ventilator

procedures

anyway.

Regards,

Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

>

it also

==================

This one

Propofol this time.

on a ventilator

procedures

anyway.

Regards,

Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

>

> Carolyn, You know we will be praying for you, glad the ERCP went well, I was

waiting all

day to hear how you were, I figured you were still groggy. Please let us know

how you do.

> Bettyann (SC)

>

===============

Yep, I was sound asleep all afternoon (woke up enough to eat a few bites of

baked chicken at

supper time) and then slept through the night. Finally woke up just after 11:00

this morning!

Oh yeah, I was definitely groggy!!

It must take longer to get un-groggy now that the liver's so bad. I don't

recall it ever taking

me nearly so long before.

I'll do a quick post on my CarePage in a little bit and then tomorrow my hubby

will update it

to let you know how things went.

Hugs,

Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

>

waiting all

how you do.

> Bettyann (SC)

>

===============

baked chicken at

this morning!

recall it ever taking

will update it

Hugs,

Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

>

waiting all

how you do.

> Bettyann (SC)

>

===============

baked chicken at

this morning!

recall it ever taking

will update it

Hugs,

Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

Do you have PSC?

arman_shirin@...

Re: Colonoscopy -- MoviPrep

>> Carolyn, You know we will be praying for you, glad the ERCP went well, I was waiting all day to hear how you were, I figured you were still groggy. Please let us know how you do.> Bettyann (SC)>============ ===Yep, I was sound asleep all afternoon (woke up enough to eat a few bites of baked chicken at supper time) and then slept through the night. Finally woke up just after 11:00 this morning! Oh yeah, I was definitely groggy!! It must take longer to get un-groggy now that the liver's so bad. I don't recall it ever taking me nearly so long before.I'll do a quick post on my CarePage in a little bit and then tomorrow my hubby will update it to let you know how things

went.Hugs,Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

Do you have PSC?

arman_shirin@...

>> Carolyn, You know we will be praying for you, glad the ERCP went well, I was waiting all day to hear how you were, I figured you were still groggy. Please let us know how you do.> Bettyann (SC)>============ ===Yep, I was sound asleep all afternoon (woke up enough to eat a few bites of baked chicken at supper time) and then slept through the night. Finally woke up just after 11:00 this morning! Oh yeah, I was definitely groggy!! It must take longer to get un-groggy now that the liver's so bad. I don't recall it ever taking me nearly so long before.I'll do a quick post on my CarePage in a little bit and then tomorrow my hubby will update it to let you know how things

Guest guest

Do you have PSC?

arman_shirin@...

Guest guest

sorry that was a stupid question... I thought I was in another group... that's what you get for multi-tasking... :(

arman_shirin@...

Guest guest

sorry that was a stupid question... I thought I was in another group... that's what you get for multi-tasking... :(

arman_shirin@...

Guest guest

arman_shirin@...

Guest guest

>

> Do you have PSC?

===============

Oh .... would that I could say NO to that!! :-)

I'm stage 4 with the lovely accompaniments of cirrhosis, hepatic encehalopathy,

splenomegaly, portal vein hypertension, and multiple thromboses in half a dozen

major veins

(incl. portal, splenic, pancreatic, mesenteric, intrahepatic left, and

intrahepatic right).

I had to do a double-take when I first read your question. I thought maybe my

HE was

kicking up again!!

Regards,

Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

sorry... I was writing another email for my UC group and I shouldn't have multi-tasked...

arman_shirin@...

>> Do you have PSC?============ ===Oh .... would that I could say NO to that!! :-)I'm stage 4 with the lovely accompaniments of cirrhosis, hepatic encehalopathy, splenomegaly, portal vein hypertension, and multiple thromboses in half a dozen major veins (incl. portal, splenic, pancreatic, mesenteric, intrahepatic left, and intrahepatic right).I had to do a double-take when I first read your question. I thought maybe my HE was kicking up again!!Regards,Carolyn B. in SC

Guest guest

There should be no more than a mild discomfort during a colonoscopy. I've been awake for every on (20, I think). If there's pain, they need to adjust the meds - even to the point of " putting you out " if necessary.

Make sure they know your previous experience. There's no need to be in pain for it.

Arne

57 - UC 1977 - PSC 2000

Alive and well in Minnesota

From: " Carolyn B. " verviersbe@... <mailto:verviersbe%40gmail.com>

Today I have to meet with anesthesiology pre-assessment, since the dr. wants them

standing by when he does my colonoscopy tomorrow. I've dreaded this because on my

last one (done by a different dr.) was so extremely painful. I can remember trying to

scream and being in such severe pain in the midst of it...