RemedySpot.com

RE: Preventing ERCP pancreatitis with NSAID

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Von,I can't thank you enough for posting to help our group. I have saved both your emails for future reference.I know that we all appreciate your input.LeeIt looks like the risk of pancreatitis may be reduced by 64% with asingle dose rectal suppossitory (NSAID like 100mg diclofenac or 100mgindomethacin)It also may reduce the frequency of moderate to severe cases by 90%Below is a newsreport of the meta-analysis. The author is cautiouslyoptomistic and doesn't think the data is strong enough to recommenduniversal use but he uses it in his patients. Anyone that wants toshow this information to their GI when discussing ERCP can use thelink below

Guest guest

Von -

Thanks for the information. It is good to hear from you; your thoughts have always been clear, easy to understand and thoughtful. Hope you are feeling well.

Thanks again.

Joanne H

(, Ca; mom of , 18, UC/PSC 2-06; JRA 98)

It looks like the risk of pancreatitis may be reduced by 64 ,,, I don't read this list regularly since my transplant but know thatmany would be interested in this information.Von