RemedySpot.com

what to do?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I recently talked to my doctor and he said I should be on Remicade.

The other alternative is to have my colon removed. I REALLY REALLY

don't want to do Remicade because of the side effects. So I am

thinking about having my colon removed. Have not made a decision yet.

So for those that have had their colon removed how is the experince, life after it? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks

Arman arman_shirin@...

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I would go on j-pouch.org to get information on life without a colon. If there's a j-pouch support group near you, I would attend a meeting or two. If you'll be at the PSC Conference, perhaps we can have a chance to talk. Otherwise, e-mail me off-line. Perhaps we can talk over the phone when I get back from the conference.Life if different w/o a colon - that's for sure. More bowel movements, and often difficulty sleeping through the night. Most people with a j-pouch can't sleep through the night, or it doesn't happen often. Marie

To: From: arman_shirin@...Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 02:44:22 -0700Subject: what to do?

So for those that have had their colon removed how is the experince, life after it? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks

Arman arman_shirin (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.

Guest guest

I would go on j-pouch.org to get information on life without a colon. If there's a j-pouch support group near you, I would attend a meeting or two. If you'll be at the PSC Conference, perhaps we can have a chance to talk. Otherwise, e-mail me off-line. Perhaps we can talk over the phone when I get back from the conference.Life if different w/o a colon - that's for sure. More bowel movements, and often difficulty sleeping through the night. Most people with a j-pouch can't sleep through the night, or it doesn't happen often. Marie

To: From: arman_shirin@...Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 02:44:22 -0700Subject: what to do?

Thanks

Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.

Guest guest

Thanks

Guest guest

Dear Arman,We went through this with my son and we tried just about everything to keep his colon.My son's quality of life was very poor prior to his colectomy.He couldn't make it through a meal with out hitting the mens room.He went 10/12/14 times a day and there was no such thing as a nights sleep.The Dr. told us it would be a rough 3 or 4 months and then a year to a year and a half recovery.He was right on. Bill's recovery was slow as he was still on a lot of prednisone when he had the surgery so he had a lot of problems with his incision healing.Anyway, the colectomy gave him back his life and in hindsight, we or he should havemade the decision sooner. It would have saved him a horrible year.On the other hand we have no question about having tried hard enough to keep his colon.Don't be afraid to take this step when you have too.LeeOn May 1, 2008, at 5:44 AM, Arman, Shirin & Niki Hamraei wrote:I recently talked to my doctor and he said I should be on Remicade. The other alternative is to have my colon removed. I REALLY REALLY don't want to do Remicade because of the side effects. So I am thinking about having my colon removed. Have not made a decision yet.So for those that have had their colon removed how is the experince, life after it? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.ThanksArman arman_shirin (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

Guest guest

Dear Arman,We went through this with my son and we tried just about everything to keep his colon.My son's quality of life was very poor prior to his colectomy.He couldn't make it through a meal with out hitting the mens room.He went 10/12/14 times a day and there was no such thing as a nights sleep.The Dr. told us it would be a rough 3 or 4 months and then a year to a year and a half recovery.He was right on. Bill's recovery was slow as he was still on a lot of prednisone when he had the surgery so he had a lot of problems with his incision healing.Anyway, the colectomy gave him back his life and in hindsight, we or he should havemade the decision sooner. It would have saved him a horrible year.On the other hand we have no question about having tried hard enough to keep his colon.Don't be afraid to take this step when you have too.LeeOn May 1, 2008, at 5:44 AM, Arman, Shirin & Niki Hamraei wrote:I recently talked to my doctor and he said I should be on Remicade. The other alternative is to have my colon removed. I REALLY REALLY don't want to do Remicade because of the side effects. So I am thinking about having my colon removed. Have not made a decision yet.So for those that have had their colon removed how is the experince, life after it? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.ThanksArman arman_shirin (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

Guest guest