RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Cautionary tale about Long Term Disability insurance & disability

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Marie -

I wish I had something wise and simple to help you deal with this. I'm sorry you have this additional stress to face now. Have you talked to a lawyer who specializes in disability? If I were in your shoes now, I think it would be worth the time and expense.

The lawyer that spoke at the Pittsburgh PSC meeting was excellent. If someone has his name as a resource to help you find a local person, that would be great. Otherwise, I'll look it up tonight, as I kept all the information he gave us.

Good luck.

Joanne H

(, Ca)

So now I have the world's biggest knot in my stomach as I try to see if I'm facing financial ruin or if this can be fixed.

Marie

I'm "interviewing" attorneys now. It's a complicated case for a few reasons, mainly that I realize I can't continue working (I'm reducing the prednisone and thus my energy is going down and my symptoms are getting worse). So the Long Term Disability (LTD) was partly approved and partly denied. And my job is going away at the end of the year. I guess I just have to remain positive and keep moving forward one step at a time and hope this resolves itself okay. But yes, I'll be using an attorney.Marie

To: From: copper@...Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:36:26 -0700Subject: RE: Re: Cautionary tale about Long Term Disability insurance & disability

Marie -

I wish I had something wise and simple to help you deal with this. I'm sorry you have this additional stress to face now. Have you talked to a lawyer who specializes in disability? If I were in your shoes now, I think it would be worth the time and expense.

The lawyer that spoke at the Pittsburgh PSC meeting was excellent. If someone has his name as a resource to help you find a local person, that would be great. Otherwise, I'll look it up tonight, as I kept all the information he gave us.

Good luck.

Joanne H

(, Ca)

So now I have the world's biggest knot in my stomach as I try to see if I'm facing financial ruin or if this can be fixed.

Marie

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live. See Now